ADVERTISEMENT

Walz teleconference today 1:30

I liked hearing how competitive they are in practice and that is what I expected. He emphasized the competition between Dana Evans and HVL. I didn’t expect anything less from those two and they will make each other better. It is really going to stink if we don’t have a season this year. I hope we will be able to go to some of the games as well.

That's the million dollar question. You obviously can't do a "wubble" like the WNBA, with 354 programs out there playing women's college basketball.. A friend proposed a 64-team "wubble " concept on 16 campuses -- Louisville being one of them. Who ever has the best record in your wubble after six games(playing each wubble opponent twice) advances to a Sweet Sixteen wubble, where it's single elimination, per normal.

How would you decide, though, on who goes where and why? My friend says Louisville WBB could play a no fans concept wubble in the Kueber Center and bring in regional teams Cincinnati, IU, and WKU.

Thoughts?

Sonja, Coach Walz said he would be sharing some video. Do you or Paulie have access to this as of yet. I think we would all like to see it.

That's the million dollar question. You obviously can't do a "wubble" like the WNBA, with 354 programs out there playing women's college basketball.. A friend proposed a 64-team "wubble " concept on 16 campuses -- Louisville being one of them. Who ever has the best record in your wubble after six games(playing each wubble opponent twice) advances to a Sweet Sixteen wubble, where it's single elimination, per normal.

How would you decide, though, on who goes where and why? My friend says Louisville WBB could play a no fans concept wubble in the Kueber Center and bring in regional teams Cincinnati, IU, and WKU.

Thoughts?

Basketball has the advantage of delaying its start and still achieving its goal of a significant number of games and a tournament. Frankly think planning for BB may be easier than planning for other sports. Fly in early, play mid afternoon, head home after game. Limited personnel helps as well.

Not a fan of a wubble concept for the college game. Also difficult for the “student” in the athlete.

Reactions: FlavRunit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT