ADVERTISEMENT

Walz given contract extension

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
It was announced today that University of Louisville women's basketball head coach Jeff Walz and Director of Athletics Vince Tyra have agreed to a revised contract which includes an extension through 2028.

“I would like to thank Dr. Bendapudi, Vince Tyra, Amy Calabrese and the UofL Athletic Board for recognizing the success we have had here in women’s basketball and extending my contract through 2028,” said head coach Jeff Walz. “I am blessed to have an amazing staff and coach wonderful young women who represent their families, our program, the University and the city of Louisville with class and pride.

“It has been 15 years of hard work, doing things the right way and lots of on and off the court wins that have made this extension possible. Most important to me is the relationships I have built with past and current players. It is the players who have made this a perennially elite women’s basketball program. My wife, children and I love the University and can’t thank the city of Louisville enough for your support of women’s basketball.”

“We are excited to extend Coach Walz’s contract and to know that he will be here through 2028,” said Director of Athletics Vince Tyra. “He is an elite coach that has not only established a perennial national championship contender, but one of the best programs in the country. Continuity in his coaching staff has been a key to his program’s success and this extension will help solidify that continuity.”

Extensions were also given to FH's Justine Sowry and Softball's Holly Aprile.

Sowry:

“I love the city of Louisville, the University, and our field hockey program,” said Sowry. “I started my collegiate career here as an assistant and I want to finish here. I am so proud of what we've accomplished, and I will continue to strive toward the goal of achieving an NCAA championship. I am grateful for the opportunity Dr. Neeli Bendapudi, Vince Tyra, Amy Calabrese and Rachael Cosgrove have afforded me and for the trust they have instilled in me to lead the program into the future.”

Aprile:

“I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to continue to lead the softball program at the University of Louisville,” said Aprile. “Our goals are to compete for both an ACC and NCAA Championship. With the amazing support of Vince Tyra, Amy Calabrese, Rachael Cosgrove, as well as Dr. Neeli Bendapudi and the ULAA Board, we will continue our work to achieve those goals. Louisville is rich in winning traditions. My staff and I are honored to be part of this community and proudly wear the Louisville red and black.”

(FROM UofL dispatch)

--sonja--

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT