ADVERTISEMENT

Wake radio announcer fired for selling playbook.

If my memory serves me correctly, some secret documents were found in a locker room, which is what started the whole investigation.

And if that's true, this article is terribly flawed. It makes it seem like we came back miraculously, and based on our performance on the field, the Wake coach thought somebody had their info.

THAT makes it sound like we were cheating. And nothing like that has been suggested by anybody that matters.

If my memory serves me correctly, some secret documents were found in a locker room, which is what started the whole investigation.

And if that's true, this article is terribly flawed. It makes it seem like we came back miraculously, and based on our performance on the field, the Wake coach thought somebody had their info.

THAT makes it sound like we were cheating. And nothing like that has been suggested by anybody that matters.

Why was the radio color guy allowed access to the game Plan?

I agree. It doesn't smell right to say UofL had these documents on a couple of fronts.

#1. Say UofL did have them. They would be in the coaches offices, in a secure place, etc. What is a Wake Forest person doing in the UofL coaches offices or other secure parts of the stadium? Do we let the visiting team have free roam of the UofL locker room, film room, coaches offices, etc? Of course not.

#2. Wake was leading midway through the 3rd. If UofL had their game plan, how was Wake leading that late in the game? UofL explpded for 30 something unanswered points to put it away. You think Petrinos plan was "Ok, we've got their game plan. We'll let them lead for awhile, probably into the 3rd quarter, then we'll turn it on and whip them"?

Now if UofL blasted them straight out of the gate, I might believe that there would be some credibility to this. But with Wake leading that late in the game, I just cant see it.

If you've got the other teams game plan and plays, you do to them what Houston did to us......... Hmmmmmmm........... Conspiracy theory!!!!!!!!!!

The dude at Wake traded for our game plan. We laid off until midway through the 3rd then poured it on. The dude at Wake turned out to be a double douche and sold our game plan to Houston but they decided to kick our azzes straight out of the gate. Yeah, it's all becoming clear now. That lineman that fell over before the ball was snapped probably got an extra $100 from the dude at Wake just to really make it look good!

Instead of shaking his hand and saying good game next year after we beat them again, here's to Bobby grabbing Dave Clawson's hand and kneeing him in the nuts.

Reactions: Cue Card and zipp
I contacted the author via Twitter and he agreed with me. He made the edit. I think its OK now.

lots of email correspondences, texts, etc.. have been found. this is just the tip of the iceberg and if I was Louisville I'd be nervous right now along with any other schools linked to this guy

lots of email correspondences, texts, etc.. have been found. this is just the tip of the iceberg and if I was Louisville I'd be nervous right now along with any other schools linked to this guy
Yes, because the long list of college football programs trying to tap into the pure genius of simpleton Dave Clawson, not to mention Wake's recent history of gridiron dominance must be extensive.

Yeah, we're not.

Honestly, this makes me nervous. I'm so sick of our program being in the middle of some "crooked" story. This kind of stuff is not good for business.....however it could have nothing to do with us.

Reactions: Kratz
A lot of folks should be nervous right now. Clearly Louisville is involved but I think "others" are yet to be identified. We need to hear more from Wake Forest and, of course, Elrod himself.

U of L either needs to come out and flatly deny this, or admit to it; none of this "it's a Wake Forest issue" bull. SI has basically called us cheaters. This is yet another black eye for the university, whether true of not. If TJ is the stand up guy that we all think he is, he should come out and say that there is an internal investigation going on.

Reactions: Kratz
98% of people do not read SI. Or message boards.

Therefore only about 2% know, or care.

I'll wager over half of our fans know nothing of this.

Let it die.

Agree completely.

Always a UofL fan, but am really getting tired of incident/scandals coming one right after the other. Katina Powell isn't even settled with the NCAA yet and we've already got a shooting and Wakileaks waiting their turn to be aired out.

98% of people do not read SI. Or message boards.

Therefore only about 2% know, or care.

I'll wager over half of our fans know nothing of this.

Let it die.

3/4 of all statistics are made up

- Yogi Berra

98% of sports fans don't read SI or message boards? Um, maybe in 1995.

I am a UL fan through and through but geez....what the hell is going on? Is Al Capone running our Athletic department. Clean this place up, even if we have to lose at something.

I am sick and quite frankly embarrassed of all of these scandals. This a University for kids to go to school and at this point, we are on academic probation. What gives?

Reactions: 9FFrodo and frost-1
98% of sports fans don't read SI or message boards? Um, maybe in 1995.
Here is the problem.

I said nothing about sports fans. I said 98%. Period.

You have an inflated value of the importance of sports and sports fans. (If this was at Arizona St how many on here would give chit?)

An investigation on CNN will get the attention of people who have no clue what it's about. But they will assume we're guilty or it wouldn't be on there. :rolleyes:

And many of those people think UL/uk/Bama et al, spend too much on sports and they should be done away with anyway.

So go ahead. Get Congress to look into it. That should get something done. :rolleyes:

So you think only 2% of the population cares about sports or scandal stories? You're smarter than that Rollem.

It may be more than 2% but it's not double figures. There just aren't that many people who care like we do.

Most "fans" are like my wife. After the game all she cares about is the next game.

Most serious fans of other schools don't care. They may have an opinion, but they don't really care.

You're smart enough to know that no matter how much we deny it won't make a difference to most.

Dude, your head is in the sand. I've been at a restaurant for lunch for nearly an hour and it has been the ONLY story they have covered. If it is a national news story, it is being discussed ad nausem by most sports fans. Are you saying sports fans don't make up more than 10% of the population? You may be a little off.

Dude, your head is in the sand. I've been at a restaurant for lunch for nearly an hour and it has been the ONLY story they have covered. If it is a national news story, it is being discussed ad nausem by most sports fans. Are you saying sports fans don't make up more than 10% of the population? You may be a little off.

I think the numbers are declining rapidly. People are no longer are willing to invest in a system that is questionable in so many areas.

I've heard it nowhere since last nite except sports talk radio. Not a single person has called me...

Newsflash: News people like news. News people will in fact create news, or surely perpetuate it.

2nd Newsflash: Your haters like your bad news.

3rd Newsflash: The bigger and more newsworthy you are--or are becoming--the more haters you will have. That's in addition to the haters you had yesterday.

4th Newsflash: No one believed you needed to cheat to beat Wake Forest. It's a bad joke. Wasn't the spread 30+ points? I might consider the possibility if it was FSU or Clemson.

5th Newsflash: The more YOU talk about it, the more credibility it has. Look in the mirror. And if you don't like being in the news, find a less newsworthy program nearby like Murray State or Centre to follow.

That's all of the news for the moment...

Jurich's statement:
Czqf4s8XAAAUk_I.jpg:large

Reactions: watchem
Caught up in another scandal?? Wow...
I'm kinda wondering now if Lamar Thomas had any discussions with LPT coaches about U of L prior to our game.

LPT Football: We need all the help we can get...

Caught up in another scandal?? Wow...
caught up in being a no lifer loser who spent 1/2 a day registering, hanging out reading about Louisville and racking his minuscule brain to come up with a dull comment about a situation that is more insignificant than the Tax Slayer Bowl and UKay football?

Got Heisman? Yes.

Reactions: BPGhost
It will be interesting to see if the other ACC schools Elrod shared information with will own up, as well. I am wondering about Petrino. He was fairly adamant when news first broke that he knew nothing.

Transcript of November 7, 2016 conversation at the Coke vending machine...

Galloway:
Some guy I know said they may run a couple of end-arounds and maybe a jet sweep.

Grantham: Gee, thanks...

I'm kinda wondering now if Lamar Thomas had any discussions with LPT coaches about U of L prior to our game.

LPT Football: We need all the help we can get...
Absolutely - part of the reason the yuts hired him. why do you think they had the play signaling bracketed on three sides by those large boards? Didn't do it for any other game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT