ADVERTISEMENT

Vince - On behalf of fans no to Neal Brown

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
I don't like peddling in pretty stuff, but our next coach needs to be one that unites the fanbase. Obviously Jeff Brohm is the unequivocal one to do that. But if it turns out he doesn't want to leave Purdue, I would suggest Vince not hire Neal Brown. He does not seem like a person to unite our fanbase.

Neal Brown in 2014 "Hey, our fan base (UK) is one of the best, if not the best in college sports because – and we talked about this the other day – there’s no NBA team, there’s no major league baseball team. There’s no NFL team. So UK athletics is it. The other team doesn’t want to hear that, but it’s it. We’re the show in town, in the state.”

I agree but what concerns me is Tyra has strong UofK ties and he might just decide to go back to his ol' stomping grounds to poach a coach. I sure hope not, but it is a concern.

Reactions: wilkie01
I agree but what concerns me is Tyra has strong UofK ties and he might just decide to go back to his ol' stomping grounds to poach a coach. I sure hope not, but it is a concern.
Vince Tyra is Cardinal red through and through. Deep Louisville roots. He only attended Kentucky because he was talented in baseball and the Louisville program was very poor at the time.

Reactions: earsky and wilkie01
This is what Tyra faces... If he can't deliver Jeff Brohm, large elements of the fanbase will be unhappy. I don't have nearly the concern about who the next coach is as some fans--I ain't convinced Jeff Brohm is the savior--but that's the reality.

And it puts a lotta pressure on Tyra which I hate... :cool:

Reactions: Law007

Just my opinion but know enough about Vince that I don’t think that’s a valid concern.

Reactions: Cue Card
Just my opinion but know enough about Vince that I don’t think that’s a valid concern.
That's good to hear coming from you Hank. I figured it was probably a bit off base to feel that way, but there will always be that 'doubt' creeping up in the back of my mind much like how it did when Pitino was the UofL head basketball coach. Call it a trust issue I have. I need to work on that.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
I do think that Neal Brown is a good coach but because of his uk ties and all of the drama that went on with Tyra and him having uk ties, Brown needs to be down the list.

I don't like peddling in pretty stuff, but our next coach needs to be one that unites the fanbase. Obviously Jeff Brohm is the unequivocal one to do that. But if it turns out he doesn't want to leave Purdue, I would suggest Vince not hire Neal Brown. He does not seem like a person to unite our fanbase.

Neal Brown in 2014 "Hey, our fan base (UK) is one of the best, if not the best in college sports because – and we talked about this the other day – there’s no NBA team, there’s no major league baseball team. There’s no NFL team. So UK athletics is it. The other team doesn’t want to hear that, but it’s it. We’re the show in town, in the state.”
Oh, Neal Brown would unite the fan base - just not in the intended positive way. He's an asshat and is lurking around just waiting for the yuts to finally give Porky Stupes his final walking papers. UofL should never put themselves in the situation where a coach could be taken by big blew.

Note to rising coaches- don't burn bridges.

Oh, Neal Brown would unite the fan base - just not in the intended positive way. He's an asshat and is lurking around just waiting for the yuts to finally give Porky Stupes his final walking papers. UofL should never put themselves in the situation where a coach could be taken by big blew.

This.

Case closed.

That's hilarious as hell...

Two%20slapdcks_zpsnzawskih.jpg

Note to rising coaches- don't burn bridges.

Considering he was coaching at UK at the time, is that comment really that big of a deal? I would expect our coaches to have the same persona when it came to uk. Lets say we did hire Brown and he won a bunch of games and beatdown UK , does that comment really matter?

Considering he was coaching at UK at the time, is that comment really that big of a deal? I would expect our coaches to have the same persona when it came to uk. Lets say we did hire Brown and he won a bunch of games and beatdown UK , does that comment really matter?

Never going to be HC here.

Words matter, yes. Screw ‘em.

Your first foray into this thread was actually a salient point. Your latest contribution was more of the type of "dropping" I was expecting.
Classifying posts = priceless. I hope you're getting paid... :D

I can assure you Neal would have no interest in the UL job. Neal's family are all blue, they are season ticket holders at UK and I feel pretty confident that if he can continue his current success that he is having at Troy that one day he will be the next UK coach which would be great in my opinion. Louisville is a great job and Brohm is the man for it and I would expect UL to do whatever necessary to make it happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT