ADVERTISEMENT

Va. Tech loses to Vandy

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Clemson was feeble against Georgia, NC State struggled to beat a FCS team, and FSU looked generic in their loss to Ga. Tech.

ACC not looking so hot.

Now Miami gets its chance next against Florida. Yes, it was an FCS team Louisville throttled, but they looked as prepared and determined as any Cards team in game one I can recall.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
So much for all the ACC media hype for Clem's Son, Va T and NC State. :D Maybe they'll work their way back to the Cards in couple of weeks

Reactions: vegasville1
I agree we beat APSU the way we were supposed to beat them. The main thing that impressed me was how well we executed our plays. Every year we think we can determine who the good teams are in first 3 games. In week 4 it shows how wrong we were. The most important thing is not to have any bad outings if you want to make the playoffs. FSU’s loss to Ga Tech could have already knocked them out of the playoffs.

Reactions: 2330859
The entire team looked focused and experienced. We looked like a heavy experienced team with dudes who look the part of talented football players.

Not just because of the score, but the way they maintained their intensity and never allowed AP to feel good about anything they tried to do. There was nothing they could do.

They were playing a big conference team who wasn't distracted or overconfident. A team that knows how talented they are.

If they maintain that same effort and avoid major injuries, this team may do what FSU did last season.

GT struggling with Georgia State. This is their 2nd game and I don't see them hanging with Louisville.

Miami looked very good. Cam Ward looks tough. It may come down to that game at Louisville that determines who the best team in the ACC is.

Not sure if anyone actually watched any of the telecast of VT vs Vandy; but the ESPN color analyst showed just how biased they are towards the SEC. At one point, he made a point “about how the last place SEC team is about to beat an ACC favorite”, and suggested the ultimate question as to how long the ACC can survive as a P5 conference.

Aside from VT not being a favorite (actually 5th) in the ACC; Vanderbilt has a history of putting together a representative football team early in the season, before their lack of depth takes over. My shock was not so much about VT losing in OT to Vandy, but how inappropriate for ESPN to engage in such obvious interest in SEC eliminating the ACC.

I think in this new world, teams are going to get caught. It is super competitive. VT was hearing how good they are and they haven’t played a game. Vandy brought in the New Mexico St staff and QB. That staff is really good. They have an interesting running scheme and it is a hard prep week 1. Their transfer QB was really good and understands the offense.

As fans you have to try to watch and evaluate games not the brand. Georgia Tech is good. Watch out for Virginia they are going to be better than we think. Miami is brand that has disappointed but this year they appear to be legit. Florida maybe bad but not many teams smoked them like that last year. FSU and Clemson may end up being fine. Georgia is on another level. FSU very interested to see how they play Monday night.

Hate to state the obvious here...Not many teams go into TA&M's home field and walk out with a solid victory in a close hard fought game like ND did last night.

Don't sleep on that ND game at their place. Gonna be a slobber knocker and will be a revenge game for them to atone for last years whipping at Cardinal Field.

Likely the most challenging away game for the Cards this year.:rolleyes:;)

After we beat the Irish there and Clem son there the pundits will have to include the Cards in the national discussion. Now lets make it so staff, players and fans.

The entire team looked focused and experienced. We looked like a heavy experienced team with dudes who look the part of talented football players.

Not just because of the score, but the way they maintained their intensity and never allowed AP to feel good about anything they tried to do. There was nothing they could do.

They were playing a big conference team who wasn't distracted or overconfident. A team that knows how talented they are.

If they maintain that same effort and avoid major injuries, this team may do what FSU did last season.
People can accuse me of hating all they want, I don’t care. U of L and Coach Brohm should have gotten all that media buzz that was being shoved up Coach Prime and the Colorado Buffalo’s rear end all year. Even when they got exposed they were still glazing them every week. We showed the whole nation how you are supposed to handle a FCS team. The same could be said for the Aflac Ducks up there in Oregon who struggled to beat Idaho this past weekend.

People can accuse me of hating all they want, I don’t care. U of L and Coach Brohm should have gotten all that media buzz that was being shoved up Coach Prime and the Colorado Buffalo’s rear end all year. Even when they got exposed they were still glazing them every week. We showed the whole nation how you are supposed to handle a FCS team. The same could be said for the Aflac Ducks up there in Oregon who struggled to beat Idaho this past weekend.
And Michigan who huffed and puffed and didn't get it put away until late in Q4.

Notre Dame is set up, schedule, wise for the playoff. They are good but like everyone else not named Georgia we don’t know how good. Winning in that spot is pretty damn impressive.

The additions to the SEC and Big Ten make it more difficult because they added teams with resources. UCLA may be in trouble because they may not have those kind of resources.

It is going to a wild year.

Reactions: Mayoman
Hey group is it true that two losses in conference automatically disqualifies you from the Championship game?
Top 2 records go, if ties occur then tiebreakers kick in. Hell if everyone beats up on each other, you could have 3! Don't think that would ever happen, but could......

Not sure if anyone actually watched any of the telecast of VT vs Vandy; but the ESPN color analyst showed just how biased they are towards the SEC. At one point, he made a point “about how the last place SEC team is about to beat an ACC favorite”, and suggested the ultimate question as to how long the ACC can survive as a P5 conference.

Aside from VT not being a favorite (actually 5th) in the ACC; Vanderbilt has a history of putting together a representative football team early in the season, before their lack of depth takes over. My shock was not so much about VT losing in OT to Vandy, but how inappropriate for ESPN to engage in such obvious interest in SEC eliminating the ACC.
ESPN is guilty as charged. That's why we must survive long enough to get a deal from another network.

Reactions: 2330859
ESPN is totally behind the SEC, and until the ACC leadership gets proactive in advancing their conference image and revenue; it plays into the hands of those wanting the ACC to vanish.

ESPN is totally behind the SEC, and until the ACC leadership gets proactive in advancing their conference image and revenue; it plays into the hands of those wanting the ACC to vanish.
And, as long as Jim Phillips is the commish, that’s not gonna happen. The guy has a spine of jello!

Reactions: CommodoreCard

I mean that's what happens when Vandy beats anyone. Vandy is a punchline. A laughingstock. Losing to them is a spectacle and that's why they were treated like that. They were given preseason hype and people were talking about if Vandy would beat a P4 team or even come close.

Imagine if Boston College beat a team like Auburn or someone like that who is in the upper middle part of the SEC usually? That's what happened that day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT