ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today Hit Piece on Duke and Notre Dame.

Guardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
Louisville
Thanks, USA Today and Christine Brennan for the hit piece on Duke and Notre Dame.

It's "journalism" and "holier than thou" values like this that makes me gag.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...c-sec-silent-fall-football-season/3368473001/

This is basically a hit piece on southern schools and "deplorables" values. Thius is USA Today treating the Big Grin and the Pac 12 as if they're the only ones with good elite values.

Christine hittin' on the ACC.

"But let’s not pick on that renowned football power Duke alone. Moving down the U.S. News list, at No. 15, we see you, Notre Dame, tied with Vanderbilt. What in the world are you two schools doing, still playing along with the ACC and SEC in this intelligence-denying game of Russian Roulette that will be attached to your names for years to come?"

"A quartet of ACC schools that should know better – Wake Forest at No. 27, Virginia at No. 28 and Georgia Tech and North Carolina tied at No. 29 – surprisingly haven’t spoken out yet. There’s a theory that an individual school in these hard-headed conferences might be afraid to publicly speak out in favor of the health and safety of their students. (I can’t believe I just wrote that sentence.) If there’s any truth in that, these ACC schools have no excuse, because there are six of them in the U.S. News top 30, counting Notre Dame for football purposes."

"So what is it, Duke, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Rice and the rest of you “academically-oriented” schools? Are you going to show some brains and courage and make the right decision to pull the plug on fall sports? Or is the decision going to be made for you?"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News