ADVERTISEMENT

UofL-FSU Senior Night - very interesting

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Listed as seniors being recognized: Nina, Syd and Kiki.
No Olivia, no Russell.
Things that make you go…Hmmmmm?

Reactions: CardsFirst
I assumed, based on the Sr Night announcement, both were returning. I had not heard an official statement from O. That certainly provides the team with senior experience. Of Olivia can improve her hands (please) she can be very valuable. I think she’ll play more 4 than in the post and that could help her game.
I now wonder - do they go portal for another forward or shooting guard? Or; do they use another scholarship on SCA’s Bender and redshirt her?

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I assumed, based on the Sr Night announcement, both were returning. I had not heard an official statement from O. That certainly provides the team with senior experience. Of Olivia can improve her hands (please) she can be very valuable. I think she’ll play more 4 than in the post and that could help her game.
I now wonder - do they go portal for another forward or shooting guard? Or; do they use another scholarship on SCA’s Bender and redshirt her?
So far the experiment of Olivia playing the 4 is a bust. She is too slow to guard players on the perimeter and she doesn't have the moves to create her own shot. Her best move is a fadeaway. She hasn't scored in double figures since Feb 15th. 6, 11, 7, 8, and 4 have been her last 5 games. Overall, statistically she is tied for 2nd in overall scoring but in ACC play she is our 5th leading scorer...

I know Olivia has disappointed some fans over her 4 years, as tall girls come with bigger expectations. I am a fan of “O”, as she is as committed to this program and to CJW as any player at UL. She lost weight in an effort to improve her game, something that requires a lot of self discipline.

I like Olivia I think she needs to move to power forward she has a nice mid range jumper. With the size we will have next year that will be doable. That would be a really impressive from line. I hope it is true I would love to see both of them come back.

Reactions: Bardman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT