ADVERTISEMENT

UK's National Championship Trophy

mwatson61

Four-Star Poster
Jun 14, 2005
Louisville
I've scene it all. UK marketing at its best, replicated the BCS championship trophy to reflect their 1951 Sugar Bowl victory over Oklahoma. They are now once again claiming a National championship in football. I guess it won't be long before they replicate the Governors Cup (they won't see the actual one for a long time) to include all their wins over UofL in the early 1900's. What ever makes them feel better.

Reactions: Wordless65
Wow, if you can't compete in the SEC, then you might as well make up mythical titles to appear relevant. I'm curious as to how long until we start seeing wife beater shirts proclaiming this 'championship.'

cantmiss, please keep us updated on Stupes' progress toward that goal. Make sure to evoke the slogan "...the only variable is time."

:D

LPT Football: You can't make this stuff up...

cantmiss, please keep us updated on Stupes' progress toward that goal. Make sure to evoke the slogan "...the only variable is time."

:D

LPT Football: You can't make this stuff up...
Coach Stoops says they are more committed this year and they are running really fast. They aren't playing around anymore. He says if they were in any other league they would be really good. Not many teams have to play juggernauts like S. Carolina, Vandy and Missouri back to back. They built the trophy case big enough to hold all the hardware the Cats have accumulated over the years through their storied history.

Didn't like the slam of Blanton Collier who couldn't win at UK but was good enough to go to the NFL Cleveland Browns and win the NFL Championship.

Well, evidently, they can just mock up another championship trophy anytime they want so that bookend might just happen sooner rather than later. Now if they could just get rid of the pesky problem of having to actually play games on the field then they could have a whole bunch of trophies without all the trouble of fielding a team or having to use basketball recruiting money for another sport.

I read where Spurrier is returning to Florida as a special asst. of some sort. That's a good thing for UK as Stoops owns Spurrier and drove him into retirement. Should allow them to go on a nice little streak against the Gators starting this year.

I read where Spurrier is returning to Florida as a special asst. of some sort. That's a good thing for UK as Stoops owns Spurrier and drove him into retirement. Should allow them to go on a nice little streak against the Gators starting this year.
Before he is done Stoops will end a lot of Careers. Since he has been at UK every other team in our division has got rid of their coach. Why just last year 3 schools got rid of their coaches when UK beat them. Don't you read billboards. We believe and are legendary.

Reactions: Senore2006
There are more coming. I have it on good (but secret sources) that UK hired the Russian hackers to manipulate Madden and give them quite a few more championships from the screen shots.

Reactions: American Male
Didn't like the slam of Blanton Collier who couldn't win at UK but was good enough to go to the NFL Cleveland Browns and win the NFL Championship.

Didn't Collier win with Paul Brown's players!?!?!?

He can thank Art Model for that!!!

:cool:

...Why just last year 3 schools got rid of their coaches when UK beat them...
Cantmiss rocks it with another great observation. No better indication that a coach needs to go than to have LPT beat them.

LPT Football: Helps us schedule really bad teams...

I live in eastern Kentucky and most folks around here aren't yet aware of the newly crowned 1950 NCAA Football Champs. Are there any stores in Louisville that are selling t-shirts commemorating these "champions" yet? When they come out someone notify me ASAP. I'm sure I can triple my money on these with my neighbors. They've been waiting forever for something positive from big blue football. National Champs baby!!! A true SEC football program now.

P.S. I bet the surviving members of that team will be embarrassed if they try to acknowledge them publicly and pass out rings.

....and they did it. Slapdick U creates a new t-shirt recognizing the greatest made-up football title in the history of mankind. I'm so glad I'm not going to the state fair this year. Respect.

CpBQD0RWIAAnNsV.jpg

The best part is that the only poll that had UK #1 was Jeff Sagarin's computer poll some 40 years after the fact. Later, when Sagarin developed his more refined Elo-chess model, which is one of the BCS approved models, Tennessee came out #1. The only poll that had the Cats #1, on which they are basing this, is no longer considered valid by it's creator.

The best part is that the only poll that had UK #1 was Jeff Sagarin's computer poll some 40 years after the fact. Later, when Sagarin developed his more refined Elo-chess model, which is one of the BCS approved models, Tennessee came out #1. The only poll that had the Cats #1, on which they are basing this, is no longer considered valid by it's creator.
Facts mean nothing to their fan base.

back then, the bowl games did not figure into the final rankings. the national champion was crowned at the end of the regular season prior to bowls, rendering the bowls essentially meaningless games. it's why ND did not bother playing bowl games for years.

in 1950, Oklahoma finished the regular season undefeated and was unanimously crowned the national champion that year by the polls. they would go on to lose to UK in the sugar bowl, but again, the game was meaningless in terms of deciding the national champion.

it is laughable that UK is trying to claim this as a national championship, although Alabama has used similar logic in claiming many of their "national championships" as well. must be an SEC thang...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT