ADVERTISEMENT

Uk Loses to Kansas State

At least you guys can enjoy it. This was one crappy season.
Keep signing the 5 stars. For that many to go through there and one ring??? Ouch, that's gotta sting, damn glad it does. Don't care for your team, coaches, FANS, etc.

UK lost the game in the first five minutes - they weren't ready to play, spotted K St a 13-1 lead and never truly had control. It's Calipari's fault, a major mistake to allow a lead like that balloon his ego wouldn't allow him to call the immediate time-out any coach with a grain of salt would have called. Only after the lead swelled to 12 pts did he do what should have been done when it was 6 pts. By spotting K St the 12 pts he all but assured them to be very much in the game at the half.

Cal spoiled by Anthony Davis and a few others, just figured his talent would win out.

Kansas State and even Virginia were both nightmare matchups for UK. They both play physical defense and force challenged shots. Cal offensive system is extremely simple and for a good defensive team with a week to game plan makes for a good matchup.

Cal's mistake was he didn't constantly throw ball into the post. UK would have fouled the entire KSU team out if they would have just thrown it to the post ever time.

Cal's mistake was he didn't constantly throw ball into the post. UK would have fouled the entire KSU team out if they would have just thrown it to the post ever time.

Agreed - it's all about the guards and the sham "dribble drive" LMFAO...

Same thing happened with Wall/Cousins. Nobody in the world could stop Cousins in college under any circumstance but the offense was never really catered to the guy.

The Uk PG should have had 10 + ast but he liked his own shot. That's the type of guy they have at the PG position most years.

I know we get all over Cal, but I still think all these coaches are overpaid. This tournament shows the difference between all coaches really isn't that great. Everyone can get beat if the other team shoots it well and the other team can't. It really is that simple. Now the teams winning are teams that have bought into team play on both ends of the court.

Recruiting really matters, but I have always said you can build a really good program with players ranked 20-100 if they fit your coaches style and the kids buy in to what is being coached. The kicker in recruiting at that level you can't miss on a kid or kids.

It does. I'm not a fan of the OAD.
Then you have been pulling for the wrong team for the past 10 years.

I think we just saw the new UK excuse. They used to be boasting that their formula was in the best interest of the kids, and making them stay in school was a wrong and selfish approach. Now that the formula does not seem to be producing the results they hoped for, they are going to claim to "not be fans of the one and done."

"I am not a fan of OAD, but I gotta support the cayuts," is going to be the catch phrase of the UK faithful now.

Kansas State and even Virginia were both nightmare matchups for UK. They both play physical defense and force challenged shots. Cal offensive system is extremely simple and for a good defensive team with a week to game plan makes for a good matchup.

Anyone and everyone is a problem for man boobs in the tournament, unless he has Anthony Davis.

Garbage.

Then you have been pulling for the wrong team for the past 10 years.

I think we just saw the new UK excuse. They used to be boasting that their formula was in the best interest of the kids, and making them stay in school was a wrong and selfish approach. Now that the formula does not seem to be producing the results they hoped for, they are going to claim to "not be fans of the one and done."

"I am not a fan of OAD, but I gotta support the cayuts," is going to be the catch phrase of the UK faithful now.
I've never been a fan of OAD. You're welcome to search RR if you don't believe me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT