ADVERTISEMENT

UK-IU game

UK/IU played in Freedom Hall every other year for over a decade. The last game, I think, was in 2005 or 2006. Tom Jurich was the AD at UL during most of those games.Wasn't be the power at UL during that time period. Why were those teams allowed to play then? Just asking.
Jurich didn't predate The Hall nor did he have as much leverage. Where else was he going to play basketball?

He was begged to play at Bailout Arena, and he cut a deal commensurate with that...

Reactions: CommodoreCard
They should put up basketball goals in the horse stables behind churchill downs and let you play there. It would be like a home game for the UK fans with the smell of horse shit in the air and the IU fans could actually afford to get into Churchill downs for once. Win win for both fan bases

Love. It. LOL

IU-Bloomington & Ky should chip in and renovate Freedom Hall. They could play their game there every year. Doubleheader it with a womens game too. Have a week long festival of Hillbilly/Opioid Olympics between the fan bases at the Fairgrounds. Winner of the Hillbilly/Opioid Olympics gets to choose the Refs.

Reactions: zipp and Deeva
You guys need to get out more. Money is money. I'd be pissed if my tax dollars were wasted by the city telling people they can't use Mercedes Benz or Philips.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT