ADVERTISEMENT

UK-IU game

Jun 10, 2005
A big IU-Bloomington fan friend of mine was telling me that when IU-B and Ky sign their new scheduling agreement, that the game in Louisville will be played at the KFC Yum! Center. Freedom Hall is incapable of hosting big events like this now. Has anyone else heard this?

I know Jurich would have never allowed this but with the new world order of things nothing surprises me anymore. It’s just a slap in the face to UofL.

Reactions: zipp
A big IU-Bloomington fan friend of mine was telling me that when IU-B and Ky sign their new scheduling agreement, that the game in Louisville will be played at the KFC Yum! Center. Freedom Hall is incapable of hosting big events like this now. Has anyone else heard this?

I know Jurich would have never allowed this but with the new world order of things nothing surprises me anymore. It’s just a slap in the face to UofL.
That wouldn't be surprising to me. Hope it isn't true, but it probably is.

The new powers that be do not have UofL's best interests in mind. Power brokers of IU are as responsible for our troubles as McGee and Powell are. People don't realize that. UofL should not ever be accommodating to those a-holes.

what's the issue?

the state's key city (not saying much here in this crap state) hosting big events is not a big deal.

things like this really show how small minded people in this cow town really are.

and if folks don't like it just get the funding to build a nice on campus arena. 8k; all fans; no booster boxes or garbage like that; awesome atmosphere. basically get the NIT crowds back into it. the Yum is SO BORING.

what's the issue?

the state's key city (not saying much here in this crap state) hosting big events is not a big deal.

things like this really show how small minded people in this cow town really are.

and if folks don't like it just get the funding to build a nice on campus arena. 8k; all fans; no booster boxes or garbage like that; awesome atmosphere. basically get the NIT crowds back into it. the Yum is SO BORING.

The issue is UofL leadership sucks.

It has to get old for the H league Cats to play in that barn of theirs. I guess everyone deserves a taste of the high life once a year.

the board maybe but i'm going to wait and see what Tyra and Bendapudi do before i throw them off the bridge.

I'm trying like hell to like Tyra, but he's a BOT puppet. Plus, he likes to remind everyone what a great donor he is/was to UofL. He says it in nearly every interview. Self serving. Regarding the new prez, so far so good.

I can understand why UL fans may not like this arrangement. Remember though, UK and IU played at alternate sites for about 15 years with Indianapolis and Louisville hosting those games in alternate years. I believe the alternate site arrangement stopped sometime around 2005 or 2006 .
The only thing that may change if this plan actually happens, is the location of the Louisville site. As others have mentioned, Freedom Hall is not a logical site at this point. YUM is similar to Freedom Hall only in the fact that neither was/is owned by UL. If the UK and IU series is to be reignited, YUM is the only available place to go. With the financial difficulties that the YUM Center is experiencing ,I would be surprised if Tyra or UL can do anything about it.

Reactions: Smithereen
First, no one knows if this is even remotely true until it’s announced. Second, the NCAA regional has been hosted here before. What’s so bad about a game being hosted here? It’s a revenue producer.

Reactions: RonEJones
I can understand why UL fans may not like this arrangement. Remember though, UK and IU played at alternate sites for about 15 years with Indianapolis and Louisville hosting those games in alternate years. I believe the alternate site arrangement stopped sometime around 2005 or 2006 .
The only thing that may change if this plan actually happens, is the location of the Louisville site. As others have mentioned, Freedom Hall is not a logical site at this point. YUM is similar to Freedom Hall only in the fact that neither was/is owned by UL. If the UK and IU series is to be reignited, YUM is the only available place to go. With the financial difficulties that the YUM Center is experiencing ,I would be surprised if Tyra or UL can do anything about it.

UofL has scheduling rights. They can do plenty. But they won't. Because they suck.

I'm trying like hell to like Tyra, but he's a BOT puppet. Plus, he likes to remind everyone what a great donor he is/was to UofL. He says it in nearly every interview. Self serving. Regarding the new prez, so far so good.

fair enough.

i'll give them both a fair shake until proven otherwise.

Would anyone expect this guy to put the screws to LPT like his predecessor did?...

Tyra-baseball%20pic_zpssayvqaka.jpg

They should put up basketball goals in the horse stables behind churchill downs and let you play there. It would be like a home game for the UK fans with the smell of horse shit in the air and the IU fans could actually afford to get into Churchill downs for once. Win win for both fan bases

what's the issue?

You truly are an idiot. Ramsey and Jurich wanted to build an on campus arena it was the hillbilly state and city that pushed for UofL to build downtown. They knew without UofL on board they never would get a new arena in the city. And unlike SuCk we would have built a state of the art arena on campus just like we did for our football stadium. No state funds.

So if your uninformed small mind thinks UofL wanted the downtown arena wrong again, which is why Tom Jurich got the deal he did for UofL. I can understand why IU and SuCk would want to play in our arena because your Stadiums look like the out of date trash holes they are. You can play in it and drool all you like because it’s ours not yours. And with the funding you get from your fans and the financial situation this state is in you won’t be getting anything new anytime soon. So enjoy your once a year deal and all the red. Will be in it every home game for our men and women.

Last edited:
Those 2 schools should never be able to hold a game in the yum center. Uk is uk and iu helped orchestrate us being where we are now. On principle alone they should not be allowed to hold their games here. Both teams have arenas and they will be fine.

Reactions: CardX
F that. F them both. Don't need that kind of trash in Louisville. One game isn't going to solve Yum's financial situation.

When did you join the Church of Zipp? I hope for your sake it is not a Catholic church. Watch your cornhole, bud. Their money spends the same and there is already a lot of trash in Louisville.

Reactions: HRTheCard
People like bud who don't have a clue about arena finances don't understand how insignificant one game or event is to their operations...

For the last year of reported financials, public sector revenue accounted for almost 70% of overall arena revenue. Then take out naming rights, sponsorships, and debt forgiveness, you've got 15% of the revenue pie left. That one-seventh of a pie, includes, for example, what the LAA gets from U of L for 40+ events they book there.

Waiting for or expecting that place to make money based on operations is looking for the Titanic to come sailing into dock...You and bud have fun.

Don't like it, but it is what it is. My question is this, "What has the state allowed to become of Freedom Hall?" It was a better venue IMO than either Rupp or Assembly Hall when we left.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
When did you join the Church of Zipp? I hope for your sake it is not a Catholic church. Watch your cornhole, bud. Their money spends the same and there is already a lot of trash in Louisville.

I will address this post by each sentence.

1) LOL
2) Anti Catholic- not cool.
3) I'll need a mirror to watch my cornhole.
4) Don't need to make this city trashier with Hoosier hicks and E. KY hillbillies.

In my book, if you are a Cardinal fan through and through, you do not want Hoosier trash and Wildcat meth heads in the Yum.

Reactions: zipp and Chapman123
Did you play high school football at one of our "great" public schools here in Louisville and get scarred from getting your ass put in the dirt by our local Catholic boys? Like 80 % of the city is Catholic, maybe you should move.

I will address this post by each sentence.

1) LOL
2) Anti Catholic- not cool.
3) I'll need a mirror to watch my cornhole.
4) Don't need to make this city trashier with Hoosier hicks and E. KY hillbillies.

In my book, if you are a Cardinal fan through and through, you do not want Hoosier trash and Wildcat meth heads in the Yum.
In my book, if you are confident in your own team and university, you are not worried about the YUM Center making a little money off of others.

Reactions: HRTheCard
In my book, if you are confident in your own team and university, you are not worried about the YUM Center making a little money off of others.

Confidence has got nothing to do with it. It's hatred. But, yeah, with the leadership we have in place, "confidence" in my university is at an all time low. One game isn't going to cure the Yum's financial ills.

Oh, and another thing:
7199188_G.jpg

Last edited:
Confidence has got nothing to do with it. It's hatred. But, yeah, with the leadership we have in place, "confidence" in my university is at an all time low. One game isn't going to cure the Yum's financial ills.

Oh, and another thing:
7199188_G.jpg
No, it won't cure the financial problems but it is a little help. Hatred usually doesn't cure much of anything. If you are a true UL fan you may dislike what has happened to your AD but you will support the new AD until it is obvious he is not worth supporting. His greatest flaw so far is that he applied for a vacant job. Good Luck. I truly hope UL comes through this temporary fan division in a good place.

No, it won't cure the financial problems but it is a little help. Hatred usually doesn't cure much of anything. If you are a true UL fan you may dislike what has happened to your AD but you will support the new AD until it is obvious he is not worth supporting. His greatest flaw so far is that he applied for a vacant job. Good Luck. I truly hope UL comes through this temporary fan division in a good place.

I'm not just talking about the AD.

I'm not just talking about the AD.
Well, honestly, I thought the only person that was questionable in those that were forced out was Jurich. Pitino and Ramsey , from most of what I have read on here, should have been put out of position long ago.

Well, honestly, I thought the only person that was questionable in those that were forced out was Jurich. Pitino and Ramsey , from most of what I have read on here, should have been put out of position long ago.
You can't always believe what you read here about the last two guys either. We'll be damn lucky to generate half the revenue that Ramsey did with the clown show now at the controls...

I'm referring to the BOT appointed by our POS governor.

Huh, I remember when Jack Coffee was on his, "protect" Krags at all cost screed, I was banned for merely asking if anyone on this board knew if Capt. Disaster went to Southeast Christian(so did/does Mr.Coffee, I presume.) Now were letting some poster insult the Catholic Church with nary a whisper. Much less a ban or deletion of the offensive post. Well done mods!!!!

The new powers that be do not have UofL's best interests in mind. Power brokers of IU are as responsible for our troubles as McGee and Powell are. People don't realize that. UofL should not ever be accommodating to those a-holes.
UK/IU played in Freedom Hall every other year for over a decade. The last game, I think, was in 2005 or 2006. Tom Jurich was the AD at UL during most of those games.Wasn't be the power at UL during that time period. Why were those teams allowed to play then? Just asking.

UK/IU played in Freedom Hall every other year for over a decade. The last game, I think, was in 2005 or 2006. Tom Jurich was the AD at UL during most of those games.Wasn't be the power at UL during that time period. Why were those teams allowed to play then? Just asking.

Contract in place. I appreciate you, but you can go away. It's clear your agenda.

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT