ADVERTISEMENT

UK didn't shake hands after the game...

That is pathetic and a pure lack of sportsmanship, class, honor, and dignity. It doesn't get much lower than that in sports. It cheapens the game. Calipari should be ashamed of himself and what he continues to teach. No excuse for leaving the court without shaking their hands.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Bozich is so upset about the loss that he said this:

'This was an avoidable loss to the fourth-place team in the Big Ten, a team some argued was the worst one still playing in the tournament.'

One problem with that statement. KSU is in the Big 12. LMAO!!!

They have a habit of doing this...they've done it in a few other losses in the tournament in past seasons.

I guess the Kentucky players sprint off to get in touch with their agents to see if they can get out of Lexington as quick as possible.

Give me all the crap you want for posting here, but this narrative is just false. They got in line to shake hands, shook the hands of the coaches but didn't wait around for KSU to finish celebrating.

DY8vWlfW4AArVKC.jpg:large

I don’t pay much attention to media. But sometimes they get me hot. Someone wanted to write the story that no one else was writting so they got s little desperate

Reactions: TopCatCal
KSU was certainly not the first team to celebrate a win in the tournament. Is it typical of other teams to not wait for the celebration?

KSU was certainly not the first team to celebrate a win in the tournament. Is it typical of other teams to not wait for the celebration?
It gets super awkward during situations like last night. Who wants to stand around and wait for the other team to unpile themselves to come shake your hand? They did the best they could in that situation

Reactions: TopCatCal
I think generally the losing team in a game like last night wants to get off the court as soon as possible. I'm no UK fan but I can't blame them for not wanting to stand around and wait for KSU's players to stop celebrating.

I think generally the losing team in a game like last night wants to get off the court as soon as possible. I'm no UK fan but I can't blame them for not wanting to stand around and wait for KSU's players to stop celebrating.
If it was Louisville, you can bet the uk fans would be making a big deal about it! They deserve everything the media and anyone else throws at them...hypocrites.

Meh....shaking hands with the opposing team after a game is one of the dumbest traditions in the world of sports.

It's just an amateur thing. It's not done in the MLB. I don't think it's done in the NBA, although in fairness I have never watched an NBA game to completion in my life. In the NFL the players congregate near midfield, but there is no formal handshake line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT