ADVERTISEMENT

UK 4* OT Kiyaunta Goodwin entering transfer portal?

Sounds like a project but lineman always take longer to develop. If he does enter and wants to come to Louisville you take him. The reward is much greater than the risk.

Dave hasn’t had a tough week. He said that Valentine was likely to go pro, but if he did transfer it would be to Louisville.

Seems like that was exactly what happened.

Reactions: andewtimbo
There is something going on with Chris Vaughn. These kids trained at his facility and that appears to be Lackford’s source. Brohm hiring may have turned the tide with Vaughn.

We all knew UK recruiting Jefferson County was going to be tougher with Brohm.

As a Charlestown graduate would love to see him in red. Their junior quarterback is decent too.

Jeff, Brian, Greg and Chris Barclay are highly respected in Jefferson County, so I expect the local HS Football Coaches to lean into UL in a huge way. However, anyone who has watched Jefferson County competing against outside Louisville schools over the last few years; it is evident the rest of the state of KY has caught up and in some cases passed Louisville.

Jeff and his brothers recognized this at Purdue and were well aware of just how important the rest of our state and Southern Indiana is with respect to recruiting football talent. I expect to see a much greater concentration there than any previous coach since JL Smith.

Born in Jeff, my dad graduated from Jeff. But we moved to Charlestown in 1967. Peter Bowen from Charlestown played offensive line for the Cardinals in the late 70s. Back then UofL didn’t have a marching band, our his school band played at a couple of halftimes. Including a Cincy game. See my icon, that was from the 1981 red white scrimmage game held at my high school. My dad won the raffle Coach Crum was friends with our high school coach. We all got to Dr Dunkenstein start the championship year In 1979. Go cards beat Purdue

Looks like the big guy is looking for a new spot.
Highest rated recruit of Stoops era, but played only on field goals.
Head scratcher....could be a thousand reasons. Not gonna bad mouth what EVERYBODY says is a fine young man. Just didn't work out...too high expectations, faulty coaching, couldn't find his playing weight, wanted someplace else,
Whatever. I've read it all.
Good luck to him, I hope he reaches his big potential someplace.

There is something going on with Chris Vaughn. These kids trained at his facility and that appears to be Lackford’s source. Brohm hiring may have turned the tide with Vaughn.

We all knew UK recruiting Jefferson County was going to be tougher with Brohm.

There are coaches that refuse to deal with Vaughn and for good reason. Goodwin is a project going to take some time but the “handlers” don’t want to hear that.

There is a pic going around on Twitter showing him at a King of the Bluegrass game last night wearing a UK T shirt. Tells you all you need to know about him ! 👎

There is a pic going around on Twitter showing him at a King of the Bluegrass game last night wearing a UK T shirt. Tells you all you need to know about him ! 👎
Cut him some slack. He doesn‘t have a new home yet, so what else is he supposed to wear? I wouldn’t expect him to hate UK just because it didn’t work out there.

Dude don’t talk smack about Pirates. Sorry have to stand up to CHS alumni.
Womens Football GIF by UEFA

Reactions: CTownCard
There are coaches that refuse to deal with Vaughn and for good reason. Goodwin is a project going to take some time but the “handlers” don’t want to hear that.
Vaughn is more of a recruiter to his facilities than a developer. He is great at getting kids that other coaches have spent time developing to his facility.

He’s prolly closer to 405 - keeping his weight in check seems to be an issue for him. That said, if Brohm can flip him here, that would be a good thing on several fronts. Aspirations puts out some players
Sounds like a Lorenzen situation all over again.

Health issues with excessive weight should be addressed proactively. Family, school administration, coaching staff and teammates can engage in a United effort to counsel and support the kid.

It was over 50 years ago, but at Parris Island there was a ”Fat Body Platoon“ that allowed a recruit to get into shape within a definitive time period before they could graduate with the rest of the platoon. I saw a few fellow recruits lose weight and increase muscle in a matter of weeks. Granted, none arrived at Goodwin weight levels, or anything close to that, but unlike Boot Camp, Goodwin has a lot more than a few weeks to shed the unnecessary and unhealthy pounds. Marine Corp controlled every aspect of life, food, sleep and of course PT!

Health issues with excessive weight should be addressed proactively. Family, school administration, coaching staff and teammates can engage in a United effort to counsel and support the kid.

It was over 50 years ago, but at Parris Island there was a ”Fat Body Platoon“ that allowed a recruit to get into shape within a definitive time period before they could graduate with the rest of the platoon. I saw a few fellow recruits lose weight and increase muscle in a matter of weeks. Granted, none arrived at Goodwin weight levels, or anything close to that, but unlike Boot Camp, Goodwin has a lot more than a few weeks to shed the unnecessary and unhealthy pounds. Marine Corp controlled every aspect of life, food, sleep and of course PT!
Different times.

I’ll wager even the USMC doesn’t have that platoon today.

It would hurt feelings. ;)

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
very few things in this country or beyond have not changed, and yes even the USMC is not immune to these evolving times.

I would encourage one of the UL staffers to at least interview Goodwin for determining if he is worthy of an opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT