ADVERTISEMENT

U of L announces what they are appealing

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Just the wins, and money owed back to NCAA. Rick is going to file his appeal separate. from U of L's.

That seems logical to me. Don't lump the two together because the likelihood of having his suspended games reduced is unlikely.
I agree. The 5 game suspension is appropriate under the new NCAA rules. He probably should have got double that amount.

That seems logical to me. Don't lump the two together because the likelihood of having his suspended games reduced is unlikely.

I hope Rick says, and this is a quote, "Look, I hired McGee. I take responsibility for that, that's why we self-imposed. But I want to make this clear - I had ZERO, nothing, to do with hiring those ugly, stanky, skank, nasty trick-@ss ho's." /appeal

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Franktowncard
There is still so much we don't know. I want to know the names of the three players in question although it seems likely that Russ is one of them. I want to know the reasoning behind the 3 players being ruled "ineligible". I want to know if that means every game they played in means a forfeit. I want to know if there is any recourse or restitution that can be made at this point to "keep" eligibility. These players didn't know they "paid" for these services hence they couldn't know about the possibility of "paying back" of inappropriate benefits.

I could be wrong but hasn't there been a situation where a player was given a car and it was found out after the season? I think the player was able to pay back the benefits he received without having every game he played in as a loss. Samaki Walker? We did get a postseason ban which is why we took a self imposed ban.

Would you rather have the wins and the banner, or Pitino?? Yes its a very hypothetical question, but what if the NCAA told UofL that. Could the NCAA ask UofL that type of question. makes me wonder

...the likelihood of having his suspended games reduced is unlikely.
I agree. The 5 game suspension is appropriate under the new NCAA rules. He probably should have got double that amount.
I've actually heard just the opposite since so little of the report says that Pitino knew or should have known. Pitino has plenty of history to try to protect and the money to do it.

That said, I'm not sure he would be fighting if it was just the suspension. I think that this is all about our/his banner and vacated wins on his resume...

Would you rather have the wins and the banner, or Pitino?? Yes its a very hypothetical question, but what if the NCAA told UofL that. Could the NCAA ask UofL that type of question. makes me wonder
The NCAA can do whatever they want. That's the main problem we're staring at today. There is no consistency with their sanctions/punishments from case to case. It's a crap shoot. The biggest problem the NCAA had with this particular issue was the moral outrage. Remove the moral outrage from the equation and this offense was minor from a monetary stand point. ALL the moral outrage should be focused on McGee and Powell. The NCAA decided to punish kids for the misdeeds of grown ups. It's pathetic.

Boeheim has already set the precedent for the suspension. NCAA ruled they were wrong about suspending him for ACC games. Which is what they did too Rick. I would imagine he expects punishment however he has to go through with an appeal just based on Boeheims results with the NCAA and the same issue.

Boeheim has already set the precedent for the suspension. NCAA ruled they were wrong about suspending him for ACC games. Which is what they did too Rick. I would imagine he expects punishment however he has to go through with an appeal just based on Boeheims results with the NCAA and the same issue.
That's a good point. I don't see any less games but they may consider suspending him for the first 5 games of the season rather than the first 5 ACC games.

That's a good point. I don't see any less games but they may consider suspending him for the first 5 games of the season rather than the first 5 ACC games.

The first 5 games of the season means nothing since we most likely play cupcakes and the NCAA knows that.

Pay them all the money don't even sweat tournament $ give Rick a hefty fine lets us keep the wins and most important the banners.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT