ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra taking a pay cut to help the university.

if he wants to interject into the discussion he’s more than welcome to. His opinions are at least usually from a place of fairness and not unreasonable animosity towards one person.

Back on topic I would expect a prominent UofL Sports Website Person like yourself to understand how contracts can and cannot be broken.
Evidently, one of my cronies--gocards--doesn't understand that either. We're everywhere...

Vince NQ is not the subject of my post. However, if Vince NQ is as unqualified as you think he is, then Mark Jurich was totally unqualified. Clear nepotism. I guess your mind was so blown that you walked in to THAT.
"Unqualified" for what, a $30,000 job? But "Vince" is qualified for a million dollar job?

Once again, your dots don't all connect...

Did you just imply Mark Jurich made 30k a year?

I'm about to literally rofl. I thought you were the University's financial investigator?

Did you just imply Mark Jurich made 30k a year?

I'm about to literally rofl. I thought you were the University's financial investigator?
I'm talking about nearly 15 years ago when Junior got his first job.

You think starters in U of L admin make serious money? Hardly. ...Despite what our AD made coming in the door.

Last edited:
With this nonstop whining it is easy to see why this message board has so few posters participating.

I don't know what Tyra did to make you cry like a Zipp but why don't you just man up and go have it out face to face to him rather than hiding on message boards and twitter. Even the local media personalities ridicule you.

Reactions: chevelle99
Vince Tyra was hired as an interim director because of his reputation in business. He wasn't named the A.D. until he had done the job for 6 months. His was one of the names on the list of qualified applicants the university board requested. At the time the A.D. job was vacant the future of U of L men's basketball was not pretty. Violations happened while we were on probation.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/vince-tyr...cle_b666093b-b553-5250-965b-b7d7112e4061.html

Last edited:
I'm talking about nearly 15 years ago when Junior got his first job.

You think starters in U of L admin make serious money? Hardly. ...Despite what our AD made coming in the door.
And Junior was getting 30+% raises, paid out of different funds and job title created without other folks getting opportunity to interview.

Reactions: chevelle99
With this nonstop whining it is easy to see why this message board has so few posters participating.

I don't know what Tyra did to make you cry like a Zipp but why don't you just man up and go have it out face to face to him rather than hiding on message boards and twitter. Even the local media personalities ridicule you.
Who's hiding out? Everyone knows where and how to find me. I get contacted by U of L on a weekly basis.

And if media personalities are talking about me, looks like I'm living between their ears too...

And Junior was getting 30+% raises, paid out of different funds and job title created without other folks getting opportunity to interview.
Where was U of L's HR department?...

Who's hiding out? Everyone knows where and how to find me. I get contacted by U of L on a weekly basis.

And if media personalities are talking about me, looks like I'm living between their ears too...

Oh I am sure UofL contacts you weekly. You are just a d#$^ man. I don't think you are really a fan at all. You are one of those people who delight in heckling and stirring the pot. Go take your beef up with Tyra to his face. You won't because you are a $^&&*. Plain and simple.

If you are really a fan get on board and be supportive rather than combative. You can be a fan and not agree with everything/everyone without being a constant little ##### about your feelings being hurt (or whatever it is that made your little feelings get hurt). Your hatred of that guy has your blue shaded glasses fogging up.

((Mod Edit: Leave the profanity out of your posts please.) )

Your boy Jurich hid it and had him paid out of different funds. HR is irrelevant where were the AD's ethics?
You mean Jurich hid Junior OUTSIDE of athletics? That guy was a god.

And U of L must have one of the worst HR departments around.

Speaking of AD ethics, Petrino's family were also on the payroll while "Vince" was AD. Of course, "Vince's" daughter was closing inside real estate deals until they were found out.

Mud finds its way everywhere...

Oh I am sure UofL contacts you weekly. You are just a d#$^ man. I don't think you are really a fan at all. You are one of those people who delight in heckling and stirring the pot. Go take your beef up with Tyra to his face. You won't because you are a $^&&*. Plain and simple.

If you are really a fan get on board and be supportive rather than combative. You can be a fan and not agree with everything/everyone without being a constant little ##### about your feelings being hurt (or whatever it is that made your little feelings get hurt). Your hatred of that guy has your blue shaded glasses fogging up.

((Mod Edit: Leave the profanity out of your posts please.) )
WEEKLY. Often multiple times. And I've told U of L on several occasions to take me off their distributions lists. Only explanation I have is they're desperate.

You're confusing support for the institution, teams and coaches with backing its leadership. Our leaders at the moment suck. And I'm trying to ensure U of L's future by NOT supporting them. OTOH you're blndly perpetuating bad performance...

WEEKLY. Often multiple times. And I've told U of L on several occasions to take me off their distributions lists. Only explanation I have is they're desperate.

You're confusing support for the institution, teams and coaches with backing its leadership. Our leaders at the moment suck. And I'm trying to ensure U of L's future by NOT supporting them. OTOH you're blndly perpetuating bad performance...
This is sort of the Fuhrer in the bunker mentality. If I can’t win, then the world must go up in flames! You seem to prefer that the university be destroyed that for it to prosper if it means the continuation of current leadership. If UofL doesn’t deserve you, then go find another school to torment...er...support.

This is sort of the Fuhrer in the bunker mentality. If I can’t win, then the world must go up in flames! You seem to prefer that the university be destroyed that for it to prosper if it means the continuation of current leadership. If UofL doesn’t deserve you, then go find another school to torment...er...support.
beano, my guess is I've been around U of L, matriculated more there, followed it around the country, and funneled it more money than you have.

I love fan card checks, but I'm willing to ask for yours too--esp. a guy who says the current AD should have been outta here by now.

Not to mention, you continue your confusion of support for the institution with support for its current leadership. As I like to ask rhetorically in that regard, is every American who dislikes Trump anti-American?...

beano, my guess is I've been around U of L, matriculated more there, followed it around the country, and funneled it more money than you have.

I love fan card checks, but I'm willing to ask for yours too--esp. a guy who says the current AD should have been outta here by now.

Not to mention, you continue your confusion of support for the institution with support for its current leadership. As I like to ask rhetorically in that regard, is every American who dislikes Trump anti-American?...
That is a different matter. Many who dislike Trump have no desire to see the country fail (Bill Maher being the exception). You seem to not care if the university faces ruin, so long as the result is the elimination of the current leadership. But let’s say events unfold to your liking, and a different board, president, and AD materialize, and they are not your estimation “clowns”. What will they inherit? How many long difficult years would be spent rebuilding UofL as an institution, not to mention athletics, and how would they attract top- flight people to such a disastrous situation in the first place? The funny thing is, I hold no UofL degrees and never attended UofL as a student, though I did a fellowship at the medical center. But I seem to have fonder wishes for it than some on here and I don’t understand why it’s necessary to destroy to save. You have been unfair to Vince NQ. He is certainly not above criticism, but every word, every deed, isn’t sinister or incompetent. You have been extremely unfair to Dr. Bendapudi, labeling her with snide nicknames and attacking everything she does based on the people who hired her. Unlike Mr Trump, the leadership and faculty ARE the institution. To hope for their failure is to hope the institution fails.

Reactions: SoulSr
That is a different matter. Many who dislike Trump have no desire to see the country fail (Bill Maher being the exception). You seem to not care if the university faces ruin, so long as the result is the elimination of the current leadership. But let’s say events unfold to your liking, and a different board, president, and AD materialize, and they are not your estimation “clowns”. What will they inherit? How many long difficult years would be spent rebuilding UofL as an institution, not to mention athletics, and how would they attract top- flight people to such a disastrous situation in the first place? The funny thing is, I hold no UofL degrees and never attended UofL as a student, though I did a fellowship at the medical center. But I seem to have fonder wishes for it than some on here and I don’t understand why it’s necessary to destroy to save. You have been unfair to Vince NQ. He is certainly not above criticism, but every word, every deed, isn’t sinister or incompetent. You have been extremely unfair to Dr. Bendapudi, labeling her with snide nicknames and attacking everything she does based on the people who hired her. Unlike Mr Trump, the leadership and faculty ARE the institution. To hope for their failure is to hope the institution fails.
Again, you show a lack of awareness, and you smear differences you don't wanna address.

You think there's a Democrat or two in Congress who will work AGAINST Trump to keep him from looking good in the current environment? You betcha, and even if that comes at the expense of progress nationally. Do they think of themselves as anti-American? Obviously not. There's no difference in that analogy, you just don't like it.

What I like is showing a little "tough love"--short term sacrifice for long term gain. That's the way I see U of L at the moment. If the leadership is entrenched and won't remove itself any other way, so be it. "Vince" and Little Miss Sunshine are newcomers with little if any U of L history. They're here earning a paycheck. I pay (or used to) for my U of L affiliation, and I've been here decades. Unlike you too evidently.

And if you dislike those personal references, ask people like Ramsey and Jurich and Ecarma if they feel that they've been personally attacked by U of L. What I do is insignificant by comparison...

Again, you show a lack of awareness, and you smear differences you don't wanna address.

You think there's a Democrat or two in Congress who will work AGAINST Trump to keep him from looking good in the current environment? You betcha, and even if that comes at the expense of progress nationally. Do they think of themselves as anti-American? Obviously not. There's no difference in that analogy, you just don't like it.

What I like is showing a little "tough love"--short term sacrifice for long term gain. That's the way I see U of L at the moment. If the leadership is entrenched and won't remove itself any other way, so be it. "Vince" and Little Miss Sunshine are newcomers with little if any U of L history. They're here earning a paycheck. I pay (or used to) for my U of L affiliation, and I've been here decades. Unlike you too evidently.

And if you dislike those personal references, ask people like Ramsey and Jurich and Ecarma if they feel that they've been personally attacked by U of L. What I do is insignificant by comparison...
What those Democrats think of themselves is irrelevant. Hitler thought he was doing good; just a little “tough love” to assure the ascendancy of the master race, which was better for everybody in the long run. What are the Democrats objectively accomplishing? Is it really possible that every single thing the current leadership says and does is bad?

What those Democrats think of themselves is irrelevant. Hitler thought he was doing good; just a little “tough love” to assure the ascendancy of the master race, which was better for everybody in the long run. What are the Democrats objectively accomplishing? Is it really possible that every single thing the current leadership says and does is bad?
You've lost track of your own argument--again--which was that I can't separate support for an entity from support for its leadership.

That's garbage and a backdoor fan card check. Not to mention, you've published enough of your own history to tell me you don't have the credentials to come at me for that...

I've seen some low bars set, this could be one of the lowest Beantown!
It is a rather low bar- for your commentary. You are unable, as far as I can tell, to admit to even the possibility of the new regime doing anything right. Therefore, you have managed to slither under a bar set nearly on the ground. Clearing it would at least allow me to regard your comments as having some faint residue of fairness.

You've lost track of your own argument--again--which was that I can't separate support for an entity from support for its leadership.

That's garbage and a backdoor fan card check. Not to mention, you've published enough of your own history to tell me you don't have the credentials to come at me for that...
I don’t know what “credentials” you are talking about, or why I need any to post here. I have only said that to follow your prescription for what ails the university and its athletic department calls for essentially a destruction of the university in order to save it. That’s not a “fan card” check, it’s simply an argument about strategy and outcomes. Everyone wants to see a better UofL. In point of fact, all the real bad actors in your rogues gallery are gone. Vince NQ and “LMS” are victims of hate by association- they are bad because the main guy who hired them was bad. Sure, I would have liked to see a president appointed who could then hire an experienced AD, but that ship seems to have sailed.

It is a rather low bar- for your commentary. You are unable, as far as I can tell, to admit to even the possibility of the new regime doing anything right. Therefore, you have managed to slither under a bar set nearly on the ground. Clearing it would at least allow me to regard your comments as having some faint residue of fairness.

You quoted me, maybe you think you are quoting Zipp?

My low bar comment was a political joke... maybe not a good idea in today's climate.

My other posts in this thread...

"Nice move." - direct reference to Tyra donating his salary - a class move by Vince I say. A direct acknowledgement of somebody in the new regime doing something right. I like Vince. Granted, I like him because he triggers Zipp... but I still like him.

"Sling TV contacts me on a daily basis." - this was an attempt at humor, playfully needling Zipp because he was bragging about UofL contacting him. Lots.

You can't even track who's on the other side of your argument--which may make sense when you can't track the argument itself!
I don’t know what “credentials” you are talking about, or why I need any to post here. I have only said that to follow your prescription for what ails the university and its athletic department calls for essentially a destruction of the university in order to save it. That’s not a “fan card” check, it’s simply an argument about strategy and outcomes. Everyone wants to see a better UofL. In point of fact, all the real bad actors in your rogues gallery are gone. Vince NQ and “LMS” are victims of hate by association- they are bad because the main guy who hired them was bad. Sure, I would have liked to see a president appointed who could then hire an experienced AD, but that ship seems to have sailed.
You don't have the documented history with U of L that I do.

You ever heard of tough love? Ask the recipient if he/she thinks it's in his best interests at the time he's receiving it.

The successors in the rogues gallery were ushered in by the original clowns, in some cases, mentored under them. I didn't create the term "guilt by association". And I've seen no newcomers disavow or in any way distance themselves from prior decisions and actions. To the contrary, they embrace clown show history. Which tells me pretty much what I need to know. ..

“You don't have the documented history with U of L that I do.“

I know nothing of your documented history other than your thousands of posts and Rex Ecarma tweeting out a t-shirt you sent him; however it does seems clear you’ve been a strong university supporter for some time. It also looks like your close association (or obsession) with Jurich and Ramsey has blinded your ability to objectively analyze the scurrilous actions that occurred and how those actions continue to ripple through the university. All of which is completely unfortunate because Jurich and Ramsey were unbelievable in raising the profile of the university and should be lauded for such.

Last edited:
“You don't have the documented history with U of L that I do“...
Did this turn into a tag team match?
...I know nothing of your documented history other than your thousands of posts and Arthur Albiero tweeting out a t-shirt you sent him...
Now the swimming coach... LOL.
...however it does seems clear you’ve been a strong university supporter for some time. It also looks like your close association (or obsession) with Jurich and Ramsey has blinded your ability to objectively analyze the scurrilous actions that occurred and how those actions continue to ripple through the university. All of which is completely unfortunate because Jurich and Ramsey were unbelievable in raising the profile of the university and should be lauded for such.
This isn't yet another thread about me, despite beano's efforts.

Your analysis of me is utter speculation on your part and appears to have the same basis as most of your content here.

I do agree with your last sentence. Maybe you should evolve to just giving a brief synopsis...

Did this turn into a tag team match?

Now the swimming coach... LOL.

This isn't yet another thread about me, despite beano's efforts.

Your analysis of me is utter speculation on your part and appears to have the same basis as most of your content here.

I do agree with your last sentence. Maybe you should evolve to just giving a brief synopsis...

I’m glad we could come to a consensus on at least one sentence.

ADVERTISEMENT