ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra taking a pay cut to help the university.

I know, Zipp is right. What an a-hole. Giving up money that was agreed to be paid to him. Hell he should pay the University to be the AD.

Reactions: Riddle-me-this
Why was my post(s) deleted re. "Vince" giving back money he hasn't earned? PH, is this your handiwork?

Whoever did it message me with an explanation...
If it’s future bonuses, how do you know he wouldn’t earn them?

If it’s future bonuses, how do you know he wouldn’t earn them?
His contract limits his annual bonus to $150,000. What Little Miss Sunshine did was ignore that limitation, and give "Vince" 2X that amount and a max bonus for a time period that hadn't even occurred.

Evidently, he doesn't even have to earn a bonus in the year it's received. That's tantamount to a fraudulent contractual workaround...

His contract limits his annual bonus to $150,000. What Little Miss Sunshine did was ignore that limitation, and give "Vince" 2X that amount and a max bonus for a time period that hadn't even occurred.

Evidently, he doesn't even have to earn a bonus in the year it's received. That's tantamount to a fraudulent contractual workaround...
This post is total nonsense. The bonuses were akin to retention bonuses, used all of the time everywhere, including by and for the previous athletic administration. In these trying times, we are lucky to have a leader who is leading by personal example.

Reactions: Guardman
This post is total nonsense. The bonuses were akin to retention bonuses, used all of the time everywhere, including by and for the previous athletic administration. In these trying times, we are lucky to have a leader who is leading by personal example.
That's how you're viewing it. Retention bonuses are explicit and in writing. They also require you to stay a certain period of time, and are paid in a lump. Nor do you have to meet ongoing performance goals.

Apparantly, LMS can simply decide "Vince" needs a huge payout and divide it up into $150K increments. Voila, the guy's back to making a million a year and one of the highest paid ADs in the country. Great if you can get away with it...

That's how you're viewing it. Retention bonuses are explicit and in writing. They also require you to stay a certain period of time, and are paid in a lump. Nor do you have to meet ongoing performance goals.

Apparantly, LMS can simply decide "Vince" needs a huge payout and divide it up into $150K increments. Voila, the guy's back to making a million a year and one of the highest paid ADs in the country. Great if you can get away with it...
He's not even in the top 20 of highest paid.

He's not even in the top 20 of highest paid.
Including his bonus, he's $100K outside the Top Ten. And he doesn't have the credentials to be anywhere near that ranking.

“Vince” couldn't get an AD job anywhere but U of L. Maybe Bellarmine if they’re short on options...

Last edited:
I don't know why people keep talking about tom. maybe he'll get another A.D job and then the current anti uofl fans can follow him. also mark jurich wouldn't have gotten a job at any other university, except maybe bellarmine, but only if hey are short on options

Including his bonus, he's $100K outside the Top Ten. And he doesn't have the credentials to be anywhere near that ranking.

“Vince” couldn't get an AD job anywhere but U of L. Maybe Bellarmine if they’re short on options...
Actually 18th-19th with bonus.

I don't know why people keep talking about tom. maybe he'll get another A.D job and then the current anti uofl fans can follow him. also mark jurich wouldn't have gotten a job at any other university, except maybe bellarmine, but only if hey are short on options
Mark Jurich was a baseball star at Louisville. He started as a U of L athletic department underling.

"Vince" aspired to be as good as Mark was as a baseball player but obviously wasn't. His first athletics job was AD.

No comparison...

I think Vince has done a great job, considering all the problems he inherited from the last administration. anyone that thinks tom should still be our AD is so out of touch with reality

Reactions: Art79
...anyone that thinks tom should still be our AD is so out of touch with reality
Anyone who thinks Tom should still be our AD would be consoled by the fact that we'd have another $50 million in the bank. Ask around to see what that's worth now...

Anyone who thinks Tom should still be our AD would be consoled by the fact that we'd have another $50 million in the bank. Ask around to see what that's worth now...
How so? I guess if he was here Petrino wouldn't have went 2-10? I know if a certain contract wasn't written so poorly we could have a extra $14M.

How so?...
If Jurich was still here...
  • His $7+ million buyout would still be in the bank
  • The $1-3 million paid to hijack those lucrative cabooses would be as well
  • Petrino's situation could have been remedied without a $14 million solution
  • And the same for Pizza Guy's N-word flameout
That stuff in addition to $20 million or so that went into a hole that "Vince" hasn't explained.

Jurich didn't rise to the level he did by paying ridiculous amounts of money from bank accounts. And none of this even includes the revenue that Jurich was so good at increasing and which clowns don't have a clue as to its location.

"Vince" has been and continues to a be a financial disaster. And that was before the disaster of a viral pandemic...

Last edited:
Jurich paid Kragthorpe’s entire buyout and yet we are supposed to assume he wouldn’t have done the same for Petrino.

Jurich paid Kragthorpe’s entire buyout and yet we are supposed to assume he wouldn’t have done the same for Petrino.
Check K-rag’s amount. I recall $1-2 million.

“Vince” paid that much for empty cabooses this season in all likelihood...

Just checked, $2.2 million or one-seventh of what “Vince” gave Petrino. And I’m told “Vince” could have made a good case for firing Petrino with cause...

Just checked, $2.2 million or one-seventh of what “Vince” gave Petrino. And I’m told “Vince” could have made a good case for firing Petrino with cause...

Also known as the full amount of his buyout

Last edited:
Also known as the full amount of his buyout
If he was gonna create the excuses to get rid of Ecarma, I didn't criticize "Vince" for paying his full buyout either. I'll explain that if you don't understand: the AMOUNT of buyout matters. Esp. in the face of litigation.

It's an oversimplification and an obvious attempt to defend "Vince" to equate the payment of K-rag's and Petrino's buyouts. There was close to an order of magnitude difference...

If he was gonna create the excuses to get rid of Ecarma, I didn't criticize "Vince" for paying his full buyout either. I'll explain that if you don't understand: the AMOUNT of buyout matters. Esp. in the face of litigation.

It's an oversimplification and an obvious attempt to defend "Vince" to equate the payment of K-rag's and Petrino's buyouts. There was close to an order of magnitude difference...

I’m not defending the buyout. It was egregiously over-inflated for Petrino. It seems we both agree about that.

To simplify for you, in the face of litigation, UofL didn’t have a great hand to play against Petrino. The contract was the contract and he didn’t violate the contract. Poor coaching hires and a historically poor season didn’t rise to the level of “for cause” firing.

I’m not defending the buyout. It was egregiously over-inflated for Petrino. It seems we both agree about that...
It seems nothing of the sort, those are your words. Petrino had a three-year salary buyout in his contract. That appears to be pretty standard for solid head coaches. Nothing "egregious" or "inflated" about it.
...To simplify for you, in the face of litigation, UofL didn’t have a great hand to play against Petrino. The contract was the contract and he didn’t violate the contract. Poor coaching hires and a historically poor season didn’t rise to the level of “for cause” firing.
That's not what many people in this space think. Maybe you should debate them. They think that Petrino wasn't executing on the performance language in his contract.

I THINK "Vince" didn't bother to pursue that. And that was his CHOICE...

Mark Jurich was a baseball star at Louisville. He started as a U of L athletic department underling.

"Vince" aspired to be as good as Mark was as a baseball player but obviously wasn't. His first athletics job was AD.

No comparison...
Mark was hired only because his dad was AD. Please at least be that honest.

Mark was hired only because his dad was AD. Please at least be that honest.
(Blows my mind how some of you guys walk yourselves right into this stuff...)

Why/how was "Vince" hired into a much higher position? I'll ask for the same level of honesty...

Last edited:
It seems nothing of the sort, those are your words. Petrino had a three-year salary buyout in his contract. That appears to be pretty standard for solid head coaches. Nothing "egregious" or "inflated" about it.

That's not what many people in this space think. Maybe you should debate them. They think that Petrino wasn't executing on the performance language in his contract.

I THINK "Vince" didn't bother to pursue that. And that was his CHOICE...

What “many people” think is irrelevant if those “many people” don’t understand how contracts work. My guess is that “many people” actually means Zipp and that the “many people” don’t want to acknowledge reality because it damages their false narrative.

What “many people” think is irrelevant if those “many people” don’t understand how contracts work. My guess is that “many people” actually means Zipp and that the “many people” don’t want to acknowledge reality because it damages their false narrative.
Then put a poll up, I dare ya... I didn't come up with the garbage about Petrino not recruiting, holding meetings with players and staff, and nebulous narratives about how that constituted "coaching".

Those same people, like the guy who used to own this website, make vague remarks that we should stop paying his buyout. They just fail to connect the dot to "Vince" because they don't like that decision laying at his feet.

Start the poll...

Then put a poll up, I dare ya... I didn't come up with the garbage about Petrino not recruiting, holding meetings with players and staff, and nebulous narratives about how that constituted "coaching".

Those same people, like the guy who used to own this website, make vague remarks that we should stop paying his buyout. They just fail to connect the dot to "Vince" because they don't like that decision laying at his feet.

Start the poll...

Creating a poll would not change the language of his contract nor the amount of the buyout. However if poll makes you feel better then who am I to stop a “prominent UofL Sports Website Person” from doing so?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Arguing with zipp (it’s not debating) is akin to pissing into the wind and you guys are going to get wet because zipp is never, never wrong and he will always take the opposite view from whatever you are espousing. So if you like getting wet just keep it up.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman and Drakew
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Arguing with zipp (it’s not debating) is akin to pissing into the wind and you guys are going to get wet because zipp is never, never wrong and he will always take the opposite view from whatever you are espousing. So if you like getting wet just keep it up...
Welcome to the thread, gocards. Speaking of guys who don't think Petrino should be receiving his buyout, state your case as I've seen you do before...

Creating a poll would not change the language of his contract nor the amount of the buyout. However if poll makes you feel better then who am I to stop a “prominent UofL Sports Website Person” from doing so?
You alleged that people like gocards engage in "false narratives." That's his POV and your job to refute it.

Take it up with those guys and why you think "Vince" should have paid $14 million...

Welcome to the thread, gocards. Speaking of guys who don't think Petrino should be receiving his buyout, state your case as I've seen you do before...

Nope! I’ve pissed into the wind numerous times and I’m tired of getting wet.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: zipp
You alleged that people like gocards engage in "false narratives." That's his POV and your job to refute it.

Take it up with those guys and why you think "Vince" should have paid $14 million...

Bad deflection on your part but right from your playbook. When your argument fails, then deflect, deflect, deflect. I would expect better from a “PUofLSWP”

If Jurich was still here...
  • His $7+ million buyout would still be in the bank
  • The $1-3 million paid to hijack those lucrative cabooses would be as well
  • Petrino's situation could have been remedied without a $14 million solution
  • And the same for Pizza Guy's N-word flameout
That stuff in addition to $20 million or so that went into a hole that "Vince" hasn't explained.

Jurich didn't rise to the level he did by paying ridiculous amounts of money from bank accounts. And none of this even includes the revenue that Jurich was so good at increasing and which clowns don't have a clue as to its location.

"Vince" has been and continues to a be a financial disaster. And that was before the disaster of a viral pandemic...

Nice job listing all of the contracts he honored, but then failing to mention the $41 million he saved by kicking Pitino to the curb for cause.

And, of course, in your way of accounting somehow THAT is Tyra’s fault, too. How dare he fail to honor a coach’s contract in full or even in part just because he had assistants orchestrating strip shows and sex parties in the dorms and then doubled down on that by having another assistant buy a player for $100,000.

Nice job listing all of the contracts he honored, but then failing to mention the $41 million he saved by kicking Pitino to the curb for cause.

And, of course, in your way of accounting somehow THAT is Tyra’s fault, too. How dare he fail to honor a coach’s contract in full or even in part just because he had assistants orchestrating strip shows and sex parties in the dorms and then doubled down on that by having another assistant buy a player for $100,000.
Your memory and accounting's off just a tad... "Vince" didn't kick Pitino anywhere since he wasn't here at the time. And accountants don't include opportunity costs/savings on their statements. What I compiled are ACTUAL dollars spent. Not to mention, Pitino took HIMSELF out financially speaking. Clowns just benefited.

After 24 hours of reflection, "Vince" CHOSE to pay 100 cents on the dollar of a $14 million buyout. Apologists who wanna remove all standards for his performance portray that as compulsory or mandatory.

Why pay an overpaid AD with no apparent credentials a million a year to read a contract and push buttons? I thought the guy was supposed to be able to negotiate business deals? Remind me again what "Vince" is bringing to the table for us...

Bad deflection on your part but right from your playbook. When your argument fails, then deflect, deflect, deflect. I would expect better from a “PUofLSWP”
You're the guy now tap dancing...

@gocds just said he's beaten that "no Petrino buyout" drum until he's "tired". Your narrative is that gocards is embracing mine.

So now ask gocards if he agrees with 'zipp' on "Vince" related topics. Dare ya.

gocards, thanks for saying what you needed to say...

You're the guy now tap dancing...

@gocds just said he's beaten that "no Petrino buyout" drum until he's "tired". Your narrative is that gocards is embracing mine

So now ask gocards if he agrees with 'zipp' on "Vince" related topics. Dare ya.

gocards, thanks for saying what you needed to say...

if he wants to interject into the discussion he’s more than welcome to. His opinions are at least usually from a place of fairness and not unreasonable animosity towards one person.

Back on topic I would expect a prominent UofL Sports Website Person like yourself to understand how contracts can and cannot be broken.

Reactions: gocds
(Blows my mind how some of you guys walk yourselves right into this stuff...)

Why/how was "Vince" hired into a much higher position? I'll ask for the same level of honesty...
Vince NQ is not the subject of my post. However, if Vince NQ is as unqualified as you think he is, then Mark Jurich was totally unqualified. Clear nepotism. I guess your mind was so blown that you walked in to THAT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT