ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra press conference...

I will respond to this. Out of respect. We do it much too frequently in the workplace. We fire someone or let them go but we don’t want to be the ones responsible for them getting another job so we give them great reference letters.
A reference letter after getting fired is quite a bit different from getting a glowing performance review while employed - wouldn’t you say?

Reactions: Mayoman
Anyone who doesn’t think that Tyra isn’t already the permanent AD is delusional. You don’t fire the three that he fired last week unless you’re the guy, and you’re clearing the decks for your people.
We all welcome the actions and stability.

Ghost, I agree with you that Tyra is already the AD and I think that is very unfortunate for our program. I am also concerned that Postel could be the next President of the university. The longer they drag out the announcement the more than likely that is the case.

I will not support them and I hope we can find another way to make contributions directly to the athletic department. There has to be a way to donate money without going to them.

A reference letter after getting fired is quite a bit different from getting a glowing performance review while employed - wouldn’t you say?
Don’t you think all of CRP’s evaluations were positive performance reviews? Probably the majority of people’s are right up until the point they’re fired.
I know my situation doesn’t compare but one of the worst salary increases I ever had was for the very best performance review I got. It was so bad that I went to one of the owners and asked him why? He looked me in the eye and said that he really didn’t value the opinion of my supervisor at the time.

Don’t you think all of CRP’s evaluations were positive performance reviews? Probably the majority of people’s are right up until the point they’re fired.
I know my situation doesn’t compare but one of the worst salary increases I ever had was for the very best performance review I got. It was so bad that I went to one of the owners and asked him why? He looked me in the eye and said that he really didn’t value the opinion of my supervisor at the time.
I would doubt your assertion regarding the majority of people who get fired but that wasn’t really the point. The point is that grissom has overplayed his hand with respect to Jurich, which is why the university is going to have to pay him.

I will respond to this. Out of respect. We do it much too frequently in the workplace. We fire someone or let them go but we don’t want to be the ones responsible for them getting another job so we give them great reference letters.
Perhaps. But that practice doesn't give anyone a pass in any forum. U of L would be better off trying to explain their answers in another way than to say the PA doesn't mean anything...

I didn’t say he should’ve been fired for not firing Pitino. I said TJ should’ve explicitly reprimanded Pitino after the Powell stuff and explicitly stated that any further malfeasance by him or his staff could result in termination of his contract. It would’ve protected the university and it would’ve been a very reasonable step as an administrator.
Again, you don't know what he was asked or was done. You know nothing about what you're speculating...

Go be a fan of Jurich not UL. You and Zipp seem to have some sort of infatuation with the man where you can't let it go nor even admit that what was going on was a shady shady thing at UL...
I'm only obsessed with posters who can't string coherent thoughts together...

I would doubt your assertion regarding the majority of people who get fired but that wasn’t really the point. The point is that grissom has overplayed his hand with respect to Jurich, which is why the university is going to have to pay him.
So if his file was full of reports that he intimidated people and was difficult to work for but still achieved the accomplishments he had, you would have supported his firing or would you have said those people had an agenda or were envious of his success.

So if his file was full of reports that he intimidated people and was difficult to work for but still achieved the accomplishments he had, you would have supported his firing or would you have said those people had an agenda or were envious of his success.
Neither.

At the end of the day, you have to determine whether you think grissom et al were lying then, or are lying now. I’d say - at least in Jurich’s case - they have several million more reasons to be lying now.

Reactions: Senore2006
Neither.

At the end of the day, you have to determine whether you think grissom et al were lying then, or are lying now. I’d say - at least in Jurich’s case - they have several million more reasons to be lying now.
At the end of my day I have to determine what all of this means to me as a fan of U of L athletics. As others have pointed out, they have much more invested whether they are still paying student loans themselves or supporting their children. There is very little I can do individually and there are many more important things in my life to stress over. Is one side more right than the other, probably but the entire fan base is suffering.

At the end of my day I have to determine what all of this means to me as a fan of U of L athletics. As others have pointed out, they have much more invested whether they are still paying student loans themselves or supporting their children. There is very little I can do individually and there are many more important things in my life to stress over. Is one side more right than the other, probably but the entire fan base is suffering.
I totally agree - venting some here is occasionally helpful. I’ve got one in college and two more headed there in the next year and two years respectively. This situation has made me reevaluate my priorities with respect to my disposable income. Based on what I see, I’ve decided to drop my season tickets in both football and basketball - 4 in each.

I will always be a diehard fan of Louisville Athletics and will attend multiple games for both (and baseball) but, I will no longer give money in the form of annual seat license/donations. grissom, et al has lost my loyalty on that front.

Reactions: Senore2006
I totally agree - venting some here is occasionally helpful. I’ve got one in college and two more headed there in the next year and two years respectively. This situation has made me reevaluate my priorities with respect to my disposable income. Based on what I see, I’ve decided to drop my season tickets in both football and basketball - 4 in each.

I will always be a diehard fan of Louisville Athletics and will attend multiple games for both (and baseball) but, I will no longer give money in the form of annual seat license/donations. grissom, et al has lost my loyalty on that front.
I fully respect your decision.

Reactions: BPGhost
He was senior management. And the few above him provided no oversight.
<== Then he was the scapegoat, my original point...
You don't know what kinda counsel Jurich got, just what you wanna believe... And how Pitino was handled--esp. retaining him--was a decision made or approved by the board(s) that Jurich reported to. The athletics board and/or the BoT. Jurich was the scapegoat for these clowns...
parade%20of%20fools%202_zpsdkfvdkfu.jpg

I didn’t detect any anger. I saw a person who had command of his thoughts and emotions and was highly prepared to give coherent thoughts. Obviously no one can say definitively how his ideas will pan out, but it looks like you’ll be there to preemptively bash him regardless.
Lol

Because the number was never a defined number. It was pure estimate. There’s not an official count. Ive seen where the number has always been in 5000-7000 as of Feb 2017
I call bu]] Sh$t.
You can not take bids on a hwy construction project based on specs of, we may build 4 miles or 10 miles. We will let you know.

Sounds good to me.
Transparency Lol.

I call bu]] Sh$t.
You can not take bids on a hwy construction project based on specs of, we may build 4 miles or 10 miles. We will let you know.

Sounds good to me.
Transparency Lol.

Then that exactly proves the point that TJ buffed the 10,000 number.

Why hasn't our AD AND BOTs held a transparent open door meeting to discuss the missing revenue that the old guard sold on a misrepresentation of the 10,000 seat expansion.
Lol we renogigated the expansion to save $200 bucks for dropped thousands of seats.
Someone at the state level should review the open door policy.

Which has nothing to do with a timely reprimand of Pitino following either of the first two scandals.
Well, how could they give Jurich a good PA when he WAS derelict in his duties? Your clown show's no better than the old guys.

Well, how could they give Jurich a good PA when he WAS derelict in his duties? Your clown show's no better than the old guys.

Perhaps them asking questions of TJ was the start of the bad blood. I’m not sure. It doesn’t change the opinion that a timely reprimand should’ve occurred.

Perhaps them asking questions of TJ was the start of the bad blood. I’m not sure. It doesn’t change the opinion that a timely reprimand should’ve occurred.
I'm not debating that largely hypothetical issue--since neither of us know definitively whether it occurred. I am debating who was responsible either way.

I'm not debating that largely hypothetical issue--since neither of us know definitively whether it occurred. I am debating who was responsible either way.

To quote Cheech and Chong:

"Bailiff, whack his pee pee!!"

A Senior Vice President that has almost absolute autonomy for his or her dept would be responsible.

Not really...you have been here posting much worse for months now. Actually what Senore posted is intelligent compared to your posts.[/QUOTE You little wallflower. I didn't even notice you existed on here. There is much more to life than wearing college gear and not being being able to pass a college course. You should do much better.

A Senior Vice President that has almost absolute autonomy for his or her dept would be responsible.
As would his superiors then and now. Pitino was one of the highest paid employees in the State, maybe the highest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT