ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra press conference...

I caught the first portion of Tyra's PC on Twitter, then heard the rest on the radio. I thought he did a nice job. After having reread his comments, however, he seemed somewhat, I don't want to say confused, but something seemed off when discussing PJCS expansion. There were some "I don't knows," some deflections. He's not telling the full story. I mean, we're nearing if not already in the final phase of construction, and the amount of seats gets suddenly reduced by 4,000? Very odd.

Loved it because I peel back the onion. Your boy sounded a little angry beneath the surface. Poor guy isn't used to questioning and a little pushback.

I'll have more to say in this and other threads on the subject...

parade%20of%20fools%202_zpsdkfvdkfu.jpg
Your boy wouldn't allow for push back because you would lose your damn job if you did. Simple as that.

Plus "your" boy is gone.

I caught the first portion of Tyra's PC on Twitter, then heard the rest on the radio. I thought he did a nice job. After having reread his comments, however, he seemed somewhat, I don't want to say confused, but something seemed off when discussing PJCS expansion. There were some "I don't knows," some deflections. He's not telling the full story. I mean, we're nearing if not already in the final phase of construction, and the amount of seats gets suddenly reduced by 4,000? Very odd.

It was never suddenly reduced. Original number was buffed. You cant reduce it after all the framework is done and concrete ready. There’d be way too many gaps and stuff. Btw, the number wasnt ever officially 10,000. It was around 10,000. There’s a public document showing between 5-7k seats last year around this time. It was buffed to 10k.

So, Zipp, since you think Jurich > Louisville, when Tyra is hired are you going to stop being a Louisville fan? Just curious.
The clown show's in charge now. And Jurich ain't returning to U of L.

I was at the basketball game last nite. And I just got back from baseball PRACTICE. Were you at either? Just curious...
Tyra sounded like a leader yesterday...
And I laugh hysterically every time I hear something like "he says the right things."

parade%20of%20fools_zpskpipxzq5.jpg

The clown show's in charge now. And Jurich ain't returning to U of L.

I was at the basketball game last nite. And I just got back from baseball PRACTICE. Were you at either? Just curious...

Nope. Came home to visit family this weekend. That wasnt my point. My point is how come you continue to support the sports, but just cant let go and support the interim AD? That’s what I dont understand.

Your boy wouldn't allow for push back because you would lose your damn job if you did. Simple as that.

Plus "your" boy is gone.
I don't think he got much pushback 'cuz he didn't make many mistakes. And the fans had his back because of that.

On the flipside, these clowns can't do anything right...

Reactions: Vestavia57
Nope. Came home to visit family this weekend. That wasnt my point. My point is how come you continue to support the sports, but just cant let go and support the interim AD? That’s what I dont understand.
Ask slapd!cks how many of them support Brainfart. And thanks for the opportunity to make that comparison to our guy...

Tyra-baseball%20pic_zpssayvqaka.jpg
mit_zps41bb3a77.jpg

Ask slapd!cks how many of them support Brainfart. And thanks for the opportunity to make that comparison to our guy...

Tyra-baseball%20pic_zpssayvqaka.jpg
mit_zps41bb3a77.jpg

They respect him enough because Calipari is still at Uk. Im not sure you’d respect Tyra if he hired Mack in 2 months

It was never suddenly reduced. Original number was buffed. You cant reduce it after all the framework is done and concrete ready. There’d be way too many gaps and stuff. Btw, the number wasnt ever officially 10,000. It was around 10,000. There’s a public document showing between 5-7k seats last year around this time. It was buffed to 10k.
If that’s the case then why did tyra indicate that request for proposals are still out that will determine the cost and exact number of seats? Sounds like either he doesn’t know the number as well or, they still have the ability to determine the number.

They respect him enough because Calipari is still at Uk. Im not sure you’d respect Tyra if he hired Mack in 2 months
Right. Well, you evidently don't hear the slappies I hear talking about their AD. It would be the same thing here, and it ain't that unusual. We've just been spoiled at U of L for two decades...

If that’s the case then why did tyra indicate that request for proposals are still out that will determine the cost and exact number of seats? Sounds like either he doesn’t know the number as well or, they still have the ability to determine the number.

Because the number was never a defined number. It was pure estimate. There’s not an official count. Ive seen where the number has always been in 5000-7000 as of Feb 2017

I don't think he got much pushback 'cuz he didn't make many mistakes. And the fans had his back because of that.

On the flipside, these clowns can't do anything right...

Yes, he didn’t make many mistakes but he sure made a big one when he didn’t sanction Pitino after the Powell stuff. Had he gotten good Human Resources counsel he would’ve made sure the university was fully protected should he or members of his staff run afoul of any rules. Quite the misstep.

Last edited:
Yes, he didn’t make many mistakes but he should made a big one when he didn’t sanction Pitino after the Powell stuff. Had he gotten good Human Resources counsel he would’ve made sure the university was fully protected should he or members of his staff run afoul of any rules. Quite the misstep.
You don't know what kinda counsel Jurich got, just what you wanna believe... And how Pitino was handled--esp. retaining him--was a decision made or approved by the board(s) that Jurich reported to. The athletics board and/or the BoT. Jurich was the scapegoat for these clowns...

You don't know what kinda counsel Jurich got, just what you wanna believe... And how Pitino was handled--esp. retaining him--was a decision made or approved by the board(s) that Jurich reported to. The athletics board and/or the BoT. Jurich was the scapegoat for these clowns...

Nice deflection. Jurich was his boss. He was capable of crafting a performance plan for Pitino that would’ve basically had zero tolerance for any other malfeasance. It would’ve ensured the university would be protected on a “with cause” firing of Pitino.

Nice deflection. Jurich was his boss. He was capable of crafting a performance plan for Pitino that would’ve basically had zero tolerance for any other malfeasance. It would’ve ensured the university would be protected on a “with cause” firing of Pitino.
How do you know that was requested and/or wasn't done? You don't.

Good Monday morning quarterbacking BTW. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall you raising this issue a couple years ago. I do recall these guys--ex. for the one on the right--giving Jurich an excellent performance appraisal...

How do you know that was requested and/or wasn't done? You don't.

Good Monday morning quarterbacking BTW. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall you raising this issue a couple years ago. I do recall these guys--ex. for the one on the right--giving Jurich an excellent performance appraisal...

I said they should’ve fired Pitino after the Powell stuff but that was just one guys opinion. Regardless of that I would’ve thought his boss would have taken a logical step with paperwork to protect the entity from further malfeasance.

I said they should’ve fired Pitino after the Powell stuff but that was just one guys opinion. Regardless of that I would’ve thought his boss would have taken a logical step with paperwork to protect the entity from further malfeasance.
The problem is we have a few too many haters in this space--like the clown show--looking for a reason to take someone out. That emotion can cloud your judgment even if you're operating with perfect info which message board posters are not.

I guess you should have shouted your recommendation at the top of your lungs so anyone receiving a U of L paycheck would have heard you. As it was, no one did but they opportunistically used one guy as the scapegoat...

The problem is we have a few too many haters in this space--like the clown show--looking for a reason to take someone out. That emotion can cloud your judgment even if you're operating with perfect info which message board posters are not.

I guess you should have shouted your recommendation at the top of your lungs so anyone receiving a U of L paycheck would have heard you. As it was, no one did but they opportunistically used one guy as the scapegoat...

Yes, I wish they had listened. It is a shame if Jurich had so much authority over the athletic department but wasn’t able to write a reprimand for the basketball coach that would protect the university and athletic department.

Yes, I wish they had listened. It is a shame if Jurich had so much authority over the athletic department but wasn’t able to write a reprimand for the basketball coach that would protect the university and athletic department.
Again, you don't know that he didn't or that he was asked to. He simply was accorded all of the blame--regardless--by these guys and AFTER an excellent PA...

Again, you don't know that he didn't or that he was asked to. He simply was accorded all of the blame--regardless--by these guys and AFTER an excellent PA...

I don’t think he needed to be asked. Most managers would’ve taken that step. It would’ve made the “for cause” dismissal completely cut and dry.

I don’t think he needed to be asked. Most managers would’ve taken that step. It would’ve made the “for cause” dismissal completely cut and dry.
If that's so obvious, why did Jurich receive an excellent PA from these same clowns? Reportedly, the lead puppeteer (Grissom) always had it bad for Pitino...

If that's so obvious, why did Jurich receive an excellent PA from these same clowns? Reportedly, the lead puppeteer (Grissom) always had it bad for Pitino...

Who knows, they obviously missed the ball on this important aspect of the job.

Unfortunately the department head will get the heat when he or she misses something so important.

Playing the "I am the CEO" game is irresistible to fans. The amazing 1200% success rate of their retroactive judgments are a testament to the Twitter age. Personally, saying Jurich was the commander whose hires should have been fired in order to keep his own job is a basic rape of reason and, in particular, of human choice. You hire a Tom Jurich for the express reasons that you want him making important decisions. Inasmuch as he trusted that Rick knew diddly squat about Andre and the highly publicized mess that resulted, he acted and retained him. This is not hard. Disagreeing with a decision is one thing,. Considering your retroactive opinion infallible is another animal altogether.

Reactions: BPGhost
Playing the "I am the CEO" game is irresistible to fans. The amazing 1200% success rate of their retroactive judgments are a testament to the Twitter age. Personally, saying Jurich was the commander whose hires should have been fired in order to keep his own job is a basic rape of reason and, in particular, of human choice. You hire a Tom Jurich for the express reasons that you want him making important decisions. Inasmuch as he trusted that Rick knew diddly squat about Andre and the highly publicized mess that resulted, he acted and retained him. This is not hard. Disagreeing with a decision is one thing,. Considering your retroactive opinion infallible is another animal altogether.

I didn’t say he should’ve been fired for not firing Pitino. I said TJ should’ve explicitly reprimanded Pitino after the Powell stuff and explicitly stated that any further malfeasance by him or his staff could result in termination of his contract. It would’ve protected the university and it would’ve been a very reasonable step as an administrator.

Yes, he didn’t make many mistakes but he should made a big one when he didn’t sanction Pitino after the Powell stuff. Had he gotten good Human Resources counsel he would’ve made sure the university was fully protected should he or members of his staff run afoul of any rules. Quite the misstep.
Simple as that. Most good ADs would have cut ties with Pitino right then and there.

We as UofL fans can't poke fun at Calipari for having two final fours vacated and the UK fans who defend him by saying " he didn't know and wasn't found guilty" while believing our micromanaging coach didn't know what was going on in his program either.

Jurich's handling of the Katina stuff in regards to Pitino was very amateurish...we are not Memphis .

In the end, they both got what they deserved and we are moving forward and I believe Tyra is the guy . Padgett is NOT the guy.

If you don't like it then don't support UL. Go be a fan of Minnesota or team Jurich. The Jurich excuses and obsessions are getting old and people are making our fan base look foolish

Simple as that. Most good ADs would have cut ties with Pitino right then and there.

We as UofL fans can't poke fun at Calipari for having two final fours vacated and the UK fans who defend him by saying " he didn't know and wasn't found guilty" while believing our micromanaging coach didn't know what was going on in his program either.

Jurich's handling of the Katina stuff in regards to Pitino was very amateurish...we are not Memphis .

In the end, they both got what they deserved and we are moving forward and I believe Tyra is the guy . Padgett is NOT the guy.

If you don't like it then don't support UL. Go be a fan of Minnesota or team Jurich. The Jurich excuses and obsessions are getting old and people are making our fan base look foolish
What a mess your post is, lol.

I didn’t say he should’ve been fired for not firing Pitino. I said TJ should’ve explicitly reprimanded Pitino after the Powell stuff and explicitly stated that any further malfeasance by him or his staff could result in termination of his contract. It would’ve protected the university and it would’ve been a very reasonable step as an administrator.

Well then, I'll have to ask you the same thing Zipp asked someone, maybe you - how do you know he did not reprimand Rick? Are you someone who believes he should have dine it publicly? If so, there is a reason you are a fan and not an administrator. There are also all sorts of :reprimands" between people who know one another well. I could tell my daughter her behavior disappointed me and it would crush her,

It’s “UofL” - sheesh.

If you can’t get that right then go be a fan of the DPRK bobsled team.

What a mess your post is, lol.
Go be a fan of Jurich not UL. You and Zipp seem to have some sort of infatuation with the man where you can't let it go nor even admit that what was going on was a shady shady thing at UL.

He and Pitino are gone from UL. Two very crooked individuals with Ramsey being the ring leade. at UL.

You all are like talking to two Ostriches except your heads are stuck up your own rear who think Jurich is greater than UL

In this post you claim to be a fan of UofL and in another a fan of uofk. You are more confused than the administration currently running the clown show.

UL will be better in the end after all of this

LOL, how does that work? Will we form our own Super Conference? Our athletics may only be halfway up the improving arc but Vince will be the manager, not the originator of such progress. If I were him, I would love that saddle.

Go be a fan of Jurich not UL. You and Zipp seem to have some sort of infatuation with the man where you can't let it go nor even admit that what was going on was a shady shady thing at UL.

He and Pitino are gone from UL. Two very crooked individuals with Ramsey being the ring leade. at UL.

You all are like talking to two Ostriches except your heads are stuck up your own rear who think Jurich is greater than UL
Even worse, lol.

I am indeed a fan of Tom but he is history now. You need to get over the lazy critique of anyone who believes the AD search may be fixed and we could miss real opportunities. To label those who disagree with you as Jurich fans is beyond whacko. If, in fact, you are NOT a fan of Tom, then you;re worse off than I imagined. I do agree - he's gone. That is not particularly hard is it?

If you are happy hiring Grissom's ex business partner at a salary that he can showboat losing $350K over and still be among the top 10% of AD's in the country - without a day's experience - because "he is a fan" - LMAO!! - then please proceed.

I hate being stolen from. It's a violation. I hate the corruption down the road. But if you believe for one minute Vince Tyra would be hired without the input of Grissom, you have a deluded view of life on earth. The fact is, he is a stretch - and nothing less. If he gets the gig, I hope he succeeds wildly. You need to pry your emotions from the argument.

Reactions: Mayoman
In this post you claim to be a fan of UofL and in another a fan of uofk. You are more confused than the administration currently running the clown show.
Went over your head.

My point was that both cal and Pitino knew what was going on similar as that We as UL fans can't use the argument that our coach didn't kmow when it fits our own agenda and turn around and say Cal had to have known Both of these guys knew and are both guilty in my opinion one at UL and one at Memphis

Last edited:
Well then, I'll have to ask you the same thing Zipp asked someone, maybe you - how do you know he did not reprimand Rick? Are you someone who believes he should have dine it publicly? If so, there is a reason you are a fan and not an administrator. There are also all sorts of :reprimands" between people who know one another well. I could tell my daughter her behavior disappointed me and it would crush her,

There has been no indication that there were performance reviews or reprimands. You reprimanding your daughter is a lot different than an employer making a formal, documented reprimand of an employee. One step further I would’ve pushed for some contractual language that protected the university. After both the Sypher stuff and the Powell stuff, the university was in a position to demand better of its HOF coach. To the best of our knowledge, nothing was done either time. In fact Rick got a raise and extension shortly after the Sypher stuff came to light. Anyways I hope that is wrong because it will make the”for cause” dismissal of Pitino a slam-dunk.

You think there were no Performance Reviews of each athletic program in the AD galaxy??? Really? Ah, you are hungry for the piece of paper, lol. You have a low bar for judging others. As I recall, Rick was loudly chagrined and verbal about his shame following both the Sypher and McGee events. You want to be retroactively correct. That's not my problem. I remember things.

You think there were no Performance Reviews of each athletic program in the AD galaxy??? Really? Ah, you are hungry for the piece of paper, lol. You have a low bar for judging others. As I recall, Rick was loudly chagrined and verbal about his shame following both the Sypher and McGee events. You want to be retroactively correct. That's not my problem. I remember things.

Your post is all over the map. But yes, I think a specific documented reprimand that included consequences was needed. Pitino’s personal shame following those events is not relevant to this discussion.

I will respond to this. Out of respect. We do it much too frequently in the workplace. We fire someone or let them go but we don’t want to be the ones responsible for them getting another job so we give them great reference letters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT