ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra making moves. Kellie Young fired as lacrosse coach.

Ghost is exactly right. When the scumbags alleged multiple issues under Jurich's management, they needed firm evidence of that. And this coach's firing is validation by their way of thinking. It was something they'll allege that Jurich should have done and that they had to do.

A big issue for them will be if Jurich was not in sole control of that decision-making and if he has evidence. Not unlike the allegation that he acted unilaterally with the adidas contract. And we saw how that ended up--with egg on scumbag faces.

This thing has gotten to court which means U of L lawyers are calling the shots. You wanna bet that Jurich wasn't acting under the advice of attorneys and that he has emails or documentation? I knew how I'm handicapping this latest contest if it again comes down to Jurich vs. Postel...

Sounds like there was plenty to warrant a dismissal in 2013 or at least some formal employee reprimands. Unfortunately it doesn’t sound like those issues were addressed sufficiently then...
I've already acknowledged I'm not a lacrosse fan, so I'm not up on the details. But I'm not aware of what you're claiming factually. And the qualifier "doesn't sound like those issues" indicates you may not be either.

You simply cannot naively accept one side of the issue in news accounts like this. Once upon a time, reporters used to tell you that at the end of their reports. But I guess that sounded too much like "FWIW" so they stopped saying it. After all, the business is about clicks and subscriptions...

I've already acknowledged I'm not a lacrosse fan, so I'm not up on the details. But I'm not aware of what you're claiming factually. And the qualifier "doesn't sound like those issues" indicates you may not be either.

You simply cannot naively accept one side of the issue in news accounts like this. Once upon a time, reporters used to tell you that at the end of their reports. But I guess that sounded too much like "FWIW" so they stopped saying it. After all, the business is about clicks and subscriptions...

I actually agree with some of this. For years we were fed the narrative that Jurich could do no wrong - “In Tom we Trust”. Keep in mind that the vast majority of these allegations came to light in 2013 - “the Year of the Cardinals”. Perhaps no one questioned things appropriately then because we didn’t want someone pissing on the parade.

And yes, if Jurich has documentation where he was instructed a certain way them that’ll be very pertinent to his case.

If I were TJ, I’d make sure every bit of documentation I ever had went with me.

And I’m sure he kept copies even if they had already locked him out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT