ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra making moves. Kellie Young fired as lacrosse coach.

This was going to happen with or without TJ running the athletic department. Too many unhappy players, former players, and parents for her to keep her job. Too many reported incidences of abuse too.

This was going to happen with or without TJ running the athletic department. Too many unhappy players, former players, and parents for her to keep her job. Too many reported incidences of abuse too.
The issue Cue is that it should have already happened and TJ should have dismissed her.

Reactions: Cue Card
The issue Cue is that it should have already happened and TJ should have dismissed her.
Probably so but based upon that logic, given that postel ran the entity that was responsible for treating athletes and their injuries (the other group getting sued) and did nothing - he should be shown the door as well.

Probably so but based upon that logic, given that postel ran the entity that was responsible for treating athletes and their injuries (the other group getting sued) and did nothing - he should be shown the door as well.
Well the injured girl wasn’t the only issue with the lacrosse program. Several parents complained about abuse and no action was taken.

We can’t afford any missteps so if there was any evidence of abuse it must be handled. This was the right move.

No, the real issue is that Jurich's handling of this matter was one of the for-cause items our clown Prez listed in his letter.

Nothing new has happened in this case since the lawsuit was filed in mid-2016. But a coach in a relatively meaningless non-revenue sport became a pawn to be plucked from the chess board. The problem for U of L's new power brokers is that their motives are obvious.

If anything, this strengthens the lawsuit filed by the former lacrosse player. And our puppet AD has to hire a coach in a sport he probably can't spell correctly...

Well the injured girl wasn’t the only issue with the lacrosse program. Several parents complained about abuse and no action was taken.
No - apparently she wasn’t. She is the only one alleging malpractice (among other things) and currently suing the university though. I’d say that gives her situation a little more weight.

If we've lost 16-18 players lets drop the sport. Got to be a lot of walk ons if this is true.

Drop several others for that matter. Clean house.

Maybe it will lower FB and BB tickets with less,non revenue producing pups on the teat.

I know, we "can't". Blah, blah, blah

But all this stuff that only family and friends attend, or care about, is getting expensive for the rest of us.

If we've lost 16-18 players lets drop the sport. Got to be a lot of walk ons if this is true.

Drop several others for that matter. Clean house.

Maybe it will lower FB and BB tickets with less,non revenue producing pups on the teat.

I know, we "can't". Blah, blah, blah

But all this stuff that only family and friends attend, or care about, is getting expensive for the rest of us.

Can't. Title IX.

There is a new sheriff in town. Inappropriate personal public behavior and improper treatment of players will no longer be tolerate at the University of Louisville. It is about time the honor and integrity of the University is being restored! Education is the primary purpose of the University.

Meaningless non revenue sport? Maybe for you but not for the athletes who want to continue the sport they love WHILE getting an education. Do you not watch the commercials, the overwhelming majority of these student athletes go on to do other things than play sports. The majority know they aren’t going to play professionally. My son was able to play college baseball, not so much that he was a talented athlete but that he maintained his eligibility and received scholarships through academics.

Meaningless non revenue sport? Maybe for you but not for the athletes who want to continue the sport they love WHILE getting an education. Do you not watch the commercials, the overwhelming majority of these student athletes go on to do other things than play sports. The majority know they aren’t going to play professionally. My son was able to play college baseball, not so much that he was a talented athlete but that he maintained his eligibility and received scholarships through academics.

I agree 100%. Good for your son. My daughter is a letterwinner at Louisville. She was a trainer. Now she is a professional at JCPS, a PTA officer, a site based council member, a Girl Scout leader, and a Church leader. Our children are typically of most College students involved in sports.

Every coach who represents the University, whether revenue or non revenue needs to be held to the same accountable standards and code of conduct. They represent the University not the sport itself.

If there is a malpractice suit (and based on you guys posts there is,) the legal end of the University may have told Jurich to not make an immediate call.
Every school has out of control coaches or assistants.
Kudos to you guys that had or have kids that played any sport while going to school.
Or yourself.
It's a full time job on top of full time school.

Reactions: wilkie01
If there is a malpractice suit (and based on you guys posts there is,) the legal end of the University may have told Jurich to not make an immediate call.
Every school has out of control coaches or assistants.
Kudos to you guys that had or have kids that played any sport while going to school.
Or yourself.
It's a full time job on top of full time school.

Thanks, I went on the GI Bill. Viet Nam War got in the way of playing football and track for me.

If there is a malpractice suit (and based on you guys posts there is,) the legal end of the University may have told Jurich to not make an immediate call...
Even an LPT fan understands why this coach was likely still on the payroll. And a point apparently lost on the new guys...

There is a new sheriff in town. Inappropriate personal public behavior and improper treatment of players will no longer be tolerate at the University of Louisville. It is about time the honor and integrity of the University is being restored! Education is the primary purpose of the University.
Yeah, that "sheriff" could have stood in front of a microphone on Day One and told everyone the truth too. At least if that's the mantra he wants to stand behind...

I agree with you 100%. These type non revenue sports bring students from all over the country. What that does is builds diversity at UofL plus their probably really good students. A side effect is that it builds our brand throughout the U.S. And that is well worth every penny!

Even an LPT fan understands why this coach was likely still on the payroll. And a point apparently lost on the new guys...

Or they might have said, what documentation do you have to fire her outside this legal dispute?

Or they might have said we’d recommend you put her on paid leave pending an investigation so we don’t open ourselves up to a bigger negligence suit should this happen again.

Who knows?

Or they might have said, what documentation do you have to fire her outside this legal dispute?

Or they might have said we’d recommend you put her on paid leave pending an investigation so we don’t open ourselves up to a bigger negligence suit should this happen again.

Who knows?
Why would U of L's lawyers with Jurich at the helm not have had that same info? How have their options, e.g., "paid leave", changed? Intuitively and lacking new info, you'd conclude not one iota.

BUT how have the circumstances changed for U of L--under the directorship of scumbags--to now have an incentive to fire her? Plenty...

Why would U of L's lawyers with Jurich at the helm not have had that same info? How have their options, e.g., "paid leave", changed? Intuitively and lacking new info, you'd conclude not one iota.

BUT how have the circumstances changed for U of L--under the directorship of scumbags--to now have an incentive to fire her? Plenty...

Sounds like there was plenty to warrant a dismissal in 2013 or at least some formal employee reprimands. Unfortunately it doesn’t sound like those issues were addressed sufficiently then. Had they been, perhaps UofL wouldn’t have found itself now facing a serious lawsuit and major player defections.

Absolutely right. And I’m not saying that there clearly weren’t issues with that sport but anyone who doesn’t think that that her firing had as much (if not more) to do with trying to make a case of firing Jurich for “cause” as it did in “cleaning up the women’s lacrosse program” isn’t a serious person.

Absolutely right. And I’m not saying that there clearly weren’t issues with that sport but anyone who doesn’t think that that her firing had as much (if not more) to do with trying to make a case of firing Jurich for “cause” as it did in “cleaning up the women’s lacrosse program” isn’t a serious person.

So I would assume then that Jurich has some documentation from a school attorney saying that she cannot be fired since essentially you all are saying he was set up.

So I would assume then that Jurich has some documentation from a school attorney saying that she cannot be fired since essentially you all are saying he was set up.
Umm - what?

I’m saying the timing of her firing has everything to do with grissom trying to prove the “cause” allegation of Jurich’s firing and almost nothing to do with his interest in the health of the women’s lacrosse program.

They don’t give a shit about the revenue sports - you actually believe they care about women’s lacrosse?

Reactions: landwrecker
Umm - what?

I’m saying the timing of her firing has everything to do with grissom trying to prove the “cause” allegation of Jurich’s firing and almost nothing to do with his interest in the health of the women’s lacrosse program.

They don’t give a shit about the revenue sports - you actually believe they care about women’s lacrosse?

Ok I don’t follow your point. How is her firing being used to prove a with cause firing for Jurich? If there was enough to fire her in the last several years, which there was, then why didn’t Jurich pull the trigger? It was suggested earlier in the thread that maybe lawyers said he couldn’t because of pending litigation. If that were true, then I would assume Jurich has some documentation of the lawyers telling him that.

Ok I don’t follow your point. How is her firing being used to prove a with cause firing for Jurich? If there was enough to fire her in the last several years, which there was, then why didn’t Jurich pull the trigger? It was suggested earlier in the thread that maybe lawyers said he couldn’t because of pending litigation. If that were true, then I would assume Jurich has some documentation of the lawyers telling him that.
Ongoing, pending or potential litigation never stopped a firing - has it? I mean it didn’t stop pitino’s firing, Jurich’s firing or Young’s firing. I don’t know why Jurich “didn’t pull the trigger” because I don’t know what info he was privy to. I doubt it was because of any pending litigation.

I do think that young was fired this week as part of the larger (and 1,000,000%) more important attempt at grissom trying to prove that Jurich should have been fired for cause - in this instance that he was negligent in not firing young - to not pay his contract.

ADVERTISEMENT