ADVERTISEMENT

Typical Cal, on loss to Canada

Graves51

Getting the Hang of It
Feb 27, 2014
Cal said he should have made some changes against Canada and RJ Barrett but he decided to "ride it out", thinking the US players would "figure out what to do". Rick Pitino would have definitely made some changes! Maybe whoever names US coaches on these national teams learn something from this! LOL

I know this is an all star team but . . . . Rollin' out the ball, rollin out the ball. No coaching.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Graves51
He is who he is and apparently he's on the minds of many people who post on this site. I don't really understand it but I don't have to. That anomaly speaks for itself ; eg "different strokes for different folks".

I will say this then leave it alone. John Calipari is a multi-millionaire because he coaches a game. I am envious of that. We should all be so terrible at our jobs. LOL

He is who he is and apparently he's on the minds of many people who post on this site. I don't really understand it but I don't have to. That anomaly speaks for itself ; eg "different strokes for different folks".

I will say this then leave it alone. John Calipari is a multi-millionaire because he coaches a game. I am envious of that. We should all be so terrible at our jobs. LOL
I posted my opinion because I know so many Cal worshippers are on this site. Look at the names! I know how they control their site and nobody is allowed to criticize the "sports agent Cal" without a thrashing from the disciples. He can't coach and how much he makes has nothing to do with it.

...I will say this then leave it alone. John Calipari is a multi-millionaire because he coaches a game. I am envious of that...
More accurately, he MANAGES the game and the hyperinflated egos that come with it. Those kids probably like him, and their chemistry is fine. Those are the hallmarks of his coaching ability.

"Elite program," my a$$...

Yeah, so why on a U of L message board are there so many threads about what he can and can't do? Is it envy? Is it jealousy? Obsession? Count me as one who thought we would be talking about him having a vacated NC not our coach. Bad karma is a bitch. L1C4!

Yeah, so why on a U of L message board are there so many threads about what he can and can't do? Is it envy? Is it jealousy? Obsession? Count me as one who thought we would be talking about him having a vacated NC not our coach. Bad karma is a bitch. L1C4!
Of the two, I thought it would be Calipari. Seeing that it's now going to be a Pitino coached team that will go down in history as the first to ever have a championship banner removed (if that happens and it sure looks like it's going to), then I think we would all be wise to keep our personal thoughts about Calipari to ourselves, BUT that's just my own opinion and people can do whatever they wish. Seems a bit pointless to bash Calipari when Pitino is our coach.

Reactions: kyjeff1

Every time with these games, many better eligible players choose not to participate. Likely this time, you could pick a better team from those who did not accept an invitation. Start with the #1 NBA draft pick Fultz. Were there other lottery picks?J Allen was on the u18 team along with rising Fr Porter & Mo Bamba. Were the Duke Fr , Duval and Carter eligible. Bol BOl and Bagley were eligible.

Looks a lot like our Olympic failures before the "Dream Team"decided to take over.

There's not exactly a lot to talk about basketball-wise in early July.

There's not exactly a lot to talk about basketball-wise in early July.
This board should be about Mitchell, Mango, summer workouts, maybe info about our new recruits. I posted a question on the football message board about what's going on with Wilson the RB? I am also a big baseball fan but nobody wants to talk about Duvall, Engel, etc. Thats the stuff that interests me, not what they do in Lessington. If people want us to be more than a basketball school, we need to walk the walk. L1C4 365 days a year + 1 every four years.

This board should be about Mitchell, Mango, summer workouts, maybe info about our new recruits. I posted a question on the football message board about what's going on with Wilson the RB? I am also a big baseball fan but nobody wants to talk about Duvall, Engel, etc. Thats the stuff that interests me, not what they do in Lessington. If people want us to be more than a basketball school, we need to walk the walk. L1C4 365 days a year + 1 every four years.

I think there is enough brains and bandwidth here to have discussions on a variety of topics. I see no harm in having a mostly tongue in cheek discussion of a rival. I personally could care less about the NBA or its summer league but if you want to talk about it that is great too.

I think there is enough brains and bandwidth here to have discussions on a variety of topics. I see no harm in having a mostly tongue in cheek discussion of a rival. I personally could care less about the NBA or its summer league but if you want to talk about it that is great too.
I agree, just trying to get a discussion started. I also am not interested in the NBA or summer league.

Of the two, I thought it would be Calipari. Seeing that it's now going to be a Pitino coached team that will go down in history as the first to ever have a championship banner removed (if that happens and it sure looks like it's going to), then I think we would all be wise to keep our personal thoughts about Calipari to ourselves, BUT that's just my own opinion and people can do whatever they wish. Seems a bit pointless to bash Calipari when Pitino is our coach.
Well. I am not going to bash Pitino. I believe he is the best coach in the country!

Every time with these games, many better eligible players choose not to participate. Likely this time, you could pick a better team from those who did not accept an invitation. Start with the #1 NBA draft pick Fultz. Were there other lottery picks?J Allen was on the u18 team along with rising Fr Porter & Mo Bamba. Were the Duke Fr , Duval and Carter eligible. Bol BOl and Bagley were eligible.

Looks a lot like our Olympic failures before the "Dream Team"decided to take over.
Looks a lot to me like a nation (USA) that hasn't lost an international basketball game in six years. Coached by a guy who can't win a national championship nor evidently an international one.

Well. I am not going to bash Pitino. I believe he is the best coach in the country!
I'm not bashing Pitino. I accept him as UofL's head coach; warts and all. Just because I accept him doesn't mean he is void of dirt. Much of what we are dealing with today as fans is on him.

I'm not bashing Pitino. I accept him as UofL's head coach; warts and all. Just because I accept him doesn't mean he is void of dirt. Much of what we are dealing with today as fans is on him.
and do you think he is the best coach in the nation?

LMFAO says the guy NOT creating those threads, but trying to play message board cop in this one.
Glad I can entertain you! Nobody is playing message board cop, just saying maybe we could find more to post about U of L than the kitties or specifically, Calimari.

Actually I did create the thread about Spaulding, Snider and King but I guess fans rather discuss Calimari, which is ok but says a lot.

Last edited:
and do you think he is the best coach in the nation?
Of course. Without a doubt. He's in the Hall of Fame for a good reason. He is one of the best of all time, past or present.

That doesn't change the fact much of the shit sandwich we're all biting into was created by Pitino.

Actually I did create the thread about Spaulding, Snider and King but I guess fans rather discuss Calimari, which is ok but says a lot.

I stand corrected, I did not see your thread.

Some people just enjoy hating man. It's the way of the times. Hang in there.

I stand corrected, I did not see your thread.

Some people just enjoy hating man. It's the way of the times. Hang in there.
I guess I am just sick of all the negative stuff surrounding the basketball program and talking about what Calimari does, doesn't make it better for me, not unless something similar happens to him, not just wishful thinking.

I'm not sick or tired of anything except people whining about how bad their lives are as fans. If this is so much pain and suffering, I can't for the life of me figure out why you put yourselves thru it. Life is too damn short for stuff you don't enjoy esp. when you don't have to do it...

Reactions: TDredbird
To me this thread isn't about our present "issues" but rather it's about coaching abilities. Pure and simple.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Not that losing to Canada upset me or anything but this is no excuses. Make a list of the best players that participated in the u19 and most of them are on team USA

Canada has been emerging as a fine producer of basketball talent for a few years now. Barrett is an animal too.

That being said, the US team had no excuse to lose this game. Reminded me of the West VA elite 8 game in 2010.

Not that losing to Canada upset me or anything but this is no excuses. Make a list of the best players that participated in the u19 and most of them are on team USA

If you meant U18, are you saying that Fultz, Allen & Porter would not have helped?....Injuries to Knox and Langford??

More accurately, he MANAGES the game and the hyperinflated egos that come with it. Those kids probably like him, and their chemistry is fine. Those are the hallmarks of his coaching ability.

I think that's spot on. Cals biggest talent is the ability to recruit these mega stars and getting them to check their egos at the door and play as a team. Xs and Os? Average at best......

Of course I will get blasted for this but my point is we tend to make accusations and generalizations simply because they "are" the enemy but we should also be strong enough to face our own medicine.

For those who are too young and have short memories, in 1987, coming off a NC, Denny Crum coached the Pan American team to a silver medal. Upset by Brazil, the US was denied the gold medal for just the second time in the 36 year history. What does that mean to me? Not a damn thing, Denny will always be my favorite coach!

Of course I will get blasted for this but my point is we tend to make accusations and generalizations simply because they "are" the enemy but we should also be strong enough to face our own medicine.

For those who are too young and have short memories, in 1987, coming off a NC, Denny Crum coached the Pan American team to a silver medal. Upset by Brazil, the US was denied the gold medal for just the second time in the 36 year history. What does that mean to me? Not a damn thing, Denny will always be my favorite coach!
Nothing wrong with showing common sense and objectivity. I wish more people who post here could do that.

Where in that post did I mention the NBA? Maybe if we had 10-12 former players in the NBA, more of our fans would have some interest? It's really been 30 years since Griff played in the league. There has been less than a handful that played consistently for more than 1 or 2 years.

This thread is about Lite and his "coaching". It's not about U of L or issues we're dealing with. That's clear from the title.

As Knuckles says, I'm not sure why some posters have issues with more than one topic being discussed on a forum organized by topic. Makes no sense.

Most of us can juggle more than one ball, and psychoanalysis isn't needed either...

Reactions: TDredbird
Well this board is called The Hall, I think in reference to Freedom Hall or better yet U of L basketball. Why not post about Pitino Lite in the Off topic - red headed forum? I don't mind discussing the kitties durin the season or when we play them but 365 days of the year and that's all you got. I know the topic of the Yum Center is beaten like a drum.

If you meant U18, are you saying that Fultz, Allen & Porter would not have helped?....Injuries to Knox and Langford??
LPT fans can come up with whatever excuses they want, legit or not, to feel better. Perception is again the problem. While slappies try to explain things, the rest of the world looks at it as deja vu. We've seen this plot before.

The board is called the Hall - I agree we could use more UofL related topics, and not the garbage kind.

However, the website is also rivals, and by definition.... you're going to get rival talk.

Reactions: nccardfan
The board is called the Hall - I agree we could use more UofL related topics, and not the garbage kind.

However, the website is also rivals, and by definition.... you're going to get rival talk.
I agree but that is another one of my issues... a certain someone who claims they are not "good" enough to be our rivals is also the one who posts more than anyone about them. Go figure. Peace!

I recently started a thread " Rick has extra motivation" and it got 1 reply. I posted this thread about the sports agent and it has gotten 38. I don't believe its about the subject, I think some people just want to gripe. Lets talk CARDINAL BASKETBALL!!!!!

Reactions: Cue Card
I agree but that is another one of my issues... a certain someone who claims they are not "good" enough to be our rivals is also the one who posts more than anyone about them. Go figure. Peace!
We know you've got issues with me, and we know there's nothing about that that's gonna improve or change. Whining about zipp and posters like me is not the answer...

Last edited by a moderator:
This was the under 19 team that coach cal just coached. Unless I missed something.

Obviously they would have helped by giving us an even bigger talent gap than we already had over the rest of the field. I didn't watch any of a single game played but as I said in an earlier post if you compiled a list of the best players that participated in the event from every team I would be willing to bet 6 or 7 of the top ten were on team USA

LPT fans can come up with whatever excuses they want, legit or not, to feel better. Perception is again the problem. While slappies try to explain things, the rest of the world looks at it as deja vu. We've seen this plot before.

This was the under 19 team that coach cal just coached. Unless I missed something.

Obviously they would have helped by giving us an even bigger talent gap than we already had over the rest of the field. I didn't watch any of a single game played but as I said in an earlier post if you compiled a list of the best players that participated in the event from every team I would be willing to bet 6 or 7 of the top ten were on team USA

Maybe I was on the wrong wave link with you. I
understood you meant that Cal had most of the same players who won the U18. I was just naming some who decided not to participate. Obviously, Fultz
and Porter would have helped.

We love the sport itself. Is this somehow confusing? A guy gets hand-delivered players by agents to whom the normal rules do not apply, accomplished by a program with the most tarnished history in the annals of the sport itself and yet, they flood the Net with apologists who torture logic with bizarre explanations - explanations bought by an equally morally destitute media apparatus. His one success at Final Four ball is surrounded by bookend failures which literally boggle the mind and in numbers that do not lie. He is the worst closer in hoops history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT