ADVERTISEMENT

Typical Cal, on loss to Canada

Maybe I was on the wrong wave link with you. I understood you meant that Cal had most of the same players who won the U18. I was just naming some who decided not to participate. Obviously, Fultz and Porter would have helped.
Yeah, so would Lebron James. How much talent advantage does your coach need to win a game?

If you want a perspective on the U19 talent difference Lite had, check out the colleges that the Canada and US kids had/have schollies to attend. No comparison.

"Elite program," my a$$...

R.J. Barrett dominated that game against the USA. Barrett is currently ranked #1 in the 2019 class and for good reason. He was clearly the best player on the floor during that game. He played 33 minutes - scored 38, gabbed 13 rebounds and had 5 assist. He will be a 1 and done if he plays college basketball. He's being touted as possibly the best player ever from the country of Canada.

R.J. Barrett dominated that game against the USA. Barrett is currently ranked #1 in the 2019 class and for good reason. He was clearly the best player on the floor during that game. He played 33 minutes - scored 38, gabbed 13 rebounds and had 5 assist. He will be a 1 and done if he plays college basketball. He's being touted as possibly the best player ever from the country of Canada.
That's true, but Barrett was one guy. Slappies would have you believe that the US team wasn't as talented as it should/could have been. That's always true. Check out where the US kids are or will be attending.

Anthony Davis wasn't walking thru that door.

That's true, but Barrett was one guy. Slappies would have you believe that the US team wasn't as talented as it should/could have been. That's always true. Check out where the US kids are or will be attending.

Anthony Davis wasn't walking thru that door.

Wagner was "one guy" that Louisville couldn't stop in March and that was a top notch college defensive team that he shredded.
Louisville was favored and was clearly the better team with "the best coach in the country".
Team USA was a bunch of high school kids that haven't had the time to learn how to play defense as a team yet. It's not something that can be picked up in a couple of weeks in the gym with everything else these kids have to learn on the fly.
I get it, you love to try to spin facts to pile on "the slappies", but there's just nothing here that can't be turned around and thrown back at you.

Wagner was "one guy" that Louisville couldn't stop in March and that was a top notch college defensive team that he shredded.
Louisville was favored and was clearly the better team with "the best coach in the country".
Team USA was a bunch of high school kids that haven't had the time to learn how to play defense as a team yet. It's not something that can be picked up in a couple of weeks in the gym with everything else these kids have to learn on the fly.
I get it, you love to try to spin facts to pile on "the slappies", but there's just nothing here that can't be turned around and thrown back at you.
Look jeff1, nothing wrong with the first part of your post. Posters on here will either reject it 100 percent just because it came from a perceived kittie. Rational and objective posters like Cue will often return with logical debate. However with that last paragraph directed at a certain poster or anyone else directly will only subject yourself to more insults even though you could have valid points. Oh and don't try to apply that to Cardinal posters, this is our home and anyone else is a guest.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and gocds
Wagner was "one guy" that Louisville couldn't stop in March and that was a top notch college defensive team that he shredded. Louisville was favored and was clearly the better team with "the best coach in the country". Team USA was a bunch of high school kids that haven't had the time to learn how to play defense as a team yet. It's not something that can be picked up in a couple of weeks in the gym with everything else these kids have to learn on the fly.

Well, nothing factual...

There's a leading scorer in every game. Louisville was a one-point favorite over Michigan. In fact, Michigan was the only lower-seeded team favored over a higher seed (Oregon) in Sweet 16 lines. And the Wolverines finished one-point short of the Elite Eight. All of that is fact and supports no argument that Michigan was a one-dimensional team or that one UM player simply went off.

The 2016-17 U of L team had one borderline 5-star kid in King. Lite hasn't coached a team that short on pure talent in a decade or more, even his lesser talented LPT teams. Team USA and the Canadians also had the same amount of time to prepare. More facts that a Lite apologist doesn't like.

Your guy's a coaching chump who can simply recruit his a$$ off. Which nowadays gets you Final Four or Elite Eight losses and Bronze Medals. More and more slappies recognize that.

Reactions: Graves51 and gocds
Cry, Cry, Cry! I would too if I had a sports agent coaching my team. But why do it on a rival teams forum? We do have the best coach in the country and he does it with less talent every year. You Cal worshippers are too funny!

Reactions: gocds
Cry, Cry, Cry! I would too if I had a sports agent coaching my team. But why do it on a rival teams forum? We do have the best coach in the country and he does it with less talent every year. You Cal worshippers are too funny!
Does what with less talent? He has something Cal doesn't have, 3 and 4 year veterans.

But what specifically is RP doing that Cal isn't? How many titles has "the best coach in the country" had since 09/10?

How many final fours?

What is their head to head record?

I won't disagree, RP is a far better X's and O's coach, so why does he have such a poor head to head record against Cal? Why doesn't he have more titles? He has extremely talented teams every year too, difference is his teams are made up of Juniors and seniors. What gives?

Now, I'm not knocking RP at all, I'm simply spelling out the fact that winning is extremely hard at this level. In a single elimination tournament it comes down to skill, coaching, execution, defense and a bit of luck.

Does what with less talent? He has something Cal doesn't have, 3 and 4 year veterans.

But what specifically is RP doing that Cal isn't? How many titles has "the best coach in the country" had since 09/10?

How many final fours?

What is their head to head record?

I won't disagree, RP is a far better X's and O's coach, so why does he have such a poor head to head record against Cal? Why doesn't he have more titles? He has extremely talented teams every year too, difference is his teams are made up of Juniors and seniors. What gives?

Now, I'm not knocking RP at all, I'm simply spelling out the fact that winning is extremely hard at this level. In a single elimination tournament it comes down to skill, coaching, execution, defense and a bit of luck.
Thanks for proving my point. Cry, Cry, Cry. With all the top ranked recruiting classes the sports agent has had, not to mention the first round draft picks, you would think he would have more than 1 title. Connecticut has had 2 since Cal got to UK. I personally believe Rick would have won at least a couple with a couple of those 5 stars each year to go along with his 3 and 4 year players. By the way, will there be a senior night at UK this year? See ya SLAPPY

...What is their head to head record?

I won't disagree, RP is a far better X's and O's coach, so why does he have such a poor head to head record against Cal?...
LPT's Super Bowl, as your coach says. And a weak schedule allowing you to circle 2 or 3 big games.

On the flipside, U of L has to grind thru an ACC schedule every year. Big difference.

LPT's Super Bowl, as your coach says. And a weak schedule allowing you to circle 2 or 3 big games.

On the flipside, U of L has to grind thru an ACC schedule every year. Big difference.

Do you really want to compare pre conference schedules Zipp? You act like the UK/UL game is played in February, it's played in December, prior to conference play and after UL has played a sub 100 ranked SOS.
Plus, the SEC proved to be better in the NCAAT, so your argument just doesn't hold water any longer.

Do you really want to compare pre conference schedules Zipp? You act like the UK/UL game is played in February, it's played in December, prior to conference play and after UL has played a sub 100 ranked SOS. Plus, the SEC proved to be better in the NCAAT, so your argument just doesn't hold water any longer.
Fine, let's look at the respective schedules...

The LPT game this past year preceded a run of four games for U of L that included IU, Virginia, and at Notre Dame. That's real competition, in fact, U of L went 2-2 against it.

The games surrounding Louisville for LPT were:

Valpo
Hofstra
Carolina
(one good one!)
Ole Miss
A&M
Arkansas

And the next good team that the slappies played was Kansas FIVE WEEKS later. IOW, the usual $hit schedule that lets LPT circle teams like Carolina, U of L, and Kansas.

You're in a loser's argument on basketball SOS, but keep trying if you must.

Super Bowl and Bronze Medal.

Thanks for proving my point. Cry, Cry, Cry. With all the top ranked recruiting classes the sports agent has had, not to mention the first round draft picks, you would think he would have more than 1 title. Connecticut has had 2 since Cal got to UK. I personally believe Rick would have won at least a couple with a couple of those 5 stars each year to go along with his 3 and 4 year players. By the way, will there be a senior night at UK this year? See ya SLAPPY

Is this guy a UK fan in disguise? Sounds way too over the top to be legit.

Reactions: nccardfan
Is this guy a UK fan in disguise? Sounds way too over the top to be legit.
actually I used to be a fan of both teams, but I had become so fed up with the sports agent over the last several years that I started leaning more to the Rick Pitino-Louisville Cardinal style of basketball until I decided to go all in for Louisville! I was a fan of Wes Unseld and Dan Issel, Darrell Griffith and Rex Chapman, so there you go. Needless to say I am not a fan of the one and done or the sports agent. Go Cardinals.! By the way, I don't need your permission to be a Cardinal fan.

actually I used to be a fan of both teams, but I had become so fed up with the sports agent over the last several years that I started leaning more to the Rick Pitino-Louisville Cardinal style of basketball until I decided to go all in for Louisville! I was a fan of Wes Unseld and Dan Issel, Darrell Griffith and Rex Chapman, so there you go. Needless to say I am not a fan of the one and done or the sports agent. Go Cardinals.! By the way, I don't need your permission to be a Cardinal fan.
No you don't need permission but you sure need a lot more convincing arguments if John can smell you out.

Fine, let's look at the respective schedules...

The LPT game this past year preceded a run of four games for U of L that included IU, Virginia, and at Notre Dame. That's real competition, in fact, U of L went 2-2 against it.

The games surrounding Louisville for LPT were:

Valpo
Hofstra
Carolina
(one good one!)
Ole Miss
A&M
Arkansas

And the next good team that the slappies played was Kansas FIVE WEEKS later. IOW, the usual $hit schedule that lets LPT circle teams like Carolina, U of L, and Kansas.

You're in a loser's argument on basketball SOS, but keep trying if you must.

Super Bowl and Bronze Medal.

UL had the 8th toughest SOS last year overall. UK's was 11th toughest. But, according to you, the SEC sucks, so surely their pre conference schedule must have been extremely difficult.

UL had the 8th toughest SOS last year overall. UK's was 11th toughest. But, according to you, the SEC sucks, so surely their pre conference schedule must have been extremely difficult.

Finaly a cayut fan that gets it. Remember dude you are a guest here, period. Debating like you're doing will get you banned over on craps pause.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ALL of your schedule sucks every year except for a few teams like U of L. This isn't a conference or OOC issue. It's why you post results like 38-1.

And that last number is always a heartbreaker.

Wisconsin and Bronze Medal.

Disaffected LPT fans and John are OK here. It's poor slappies like you who get pushed around.

Well, the vitally important UK fan conformity seems to be missing a screw. UK fans cannot understand this because conformity is what matters. Nobody wins arguments when you don't practice smack talk at home. It's almost like saying Jesus also likes Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT