ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Ty-Laur Johnson Commits To Cards

Solid pickup for Payne for the final scholarship. Johnson provides playmaking, passing, ball handling, and much needed backcourt/PG depth.

He has put up solid numbers so far: 18.4 PPG, 5.7 APG, 4.8 RPG, and 2.5 SPG this past season in the Overtime Elite league.

"Ty-Laur is a throwback NYC guard. He's lightning quick with a tight handle and has NBA range on his jumper. He finishes well around the rim and is an elite passer. He’s a leader and winner. He has a great family support system."

That's a great final piece. If they can keep most of the group together it could be a good ride the next couple of years, and maybe they can turn this thing around. We shall see!

Figured it would either be a freshman or lower end veteran. Glad they went with a higher end freshman. This fits and frankly the roster makes sense with this add. Good risk management. They aren’t dead in the water if Clark goes down.

Could be Johnson at PG with Clark at SG and Flowers at SF. If not then Johnson backs up Clark at PG with Flowers at SG.
I like it. I think the best lineup is Johnson, Clark, White, James and Huntley-Hatfield with Davis, Flowers, Traynor and Evans/Okorafor coming off the bench. The exciting thing is that White, James, Flowers, and Davis are all going to be able to fill in mins at the guard spot being bigger players

Yeah the backcourt depth and possible combinations are really intriguing now. Gives Payne more freedom and different looks depending on match ups. Also he can now pull anyone that isn't playing hard or not playing well etc because of that depth.

They've got a lot of parts they can move around and I really hope they can come out of the gate strong to keep fans into it. You've got so many new faces that were not part of any of the past. We figure to find out very early if there's a new vibe.

Kudos to KP and staff for putting together this roster. I really don’t think we could have expected any better. But…..now KP, you own the results of this upcoming season,, good or bad. And, I do not want to hear, “We work on this (whatever it may be) every day, but when we get in games they just don’t do it”. No more. No even one more time…ever!

To me this roster is all about practice. There is legit competition/flexibility at each spot. Whatever last was or wasn’t it was because practice competition wasn’t good enough.

I really hope KP sets an early tone with this group. Destroy them and build them back up. Every practice turnover, blow by, loafing, not communicating or missed layup out you come.

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT