ADVERTISEMENT

Tutu done at U of L...

How come if a basketball player is in contact with an agent he is no longer eligible to play but agents are involved with football players before their careers are over.

He’s not opting out. He has been dealing with an injury and it was unlikely he would play Saturday. Just decided it would be best to focus on the NFL draft.

tutu's back injury is not fully recovered.
Quote Tweet

Mark Blankenbaker
@UofLSheriff50
· 2h
Tutu Atwell: I didn't opt out. I'm not opting out. There is something that came up. I'm not opting out.

I don’t know why people are shocked. The kid is a great talent and needs to get paid. Gave us 3 years of great effort. Carries us at times.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
IF...its an injury he should have kept his mouth shut instead of telling everybody that he’s quitting.

No one would be the wiser.

I’d rather not known he quit.

Kids have to do what they feel is best for them. There is a difference between the 2. Hawkins quit hard to argue that because he was healthy. Tutu is hurt. He wasn’t playing anyway due to injury. He just declared for NFL.

Hawkins may get a pass this COVID year but bottom line he quit because he was on a losing team. That was 100 percent a selfish move. Again they have to do what they need to do. However it is a slippery slope because some GM’s will look say he quit on his team. He is a little bit a wild card because of his size. Any character issues perceived or real are a problem for him.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Tutu was likely in the fence about finishing out the season and saw that Scotty wasn’t all in. Why risk injury for a coach like that?

Reactions: luv2hit63
I know it old, cliche, and bears no weight in today’s society, but...it’s about the name on the front of the jersey.

Not the back, and not the coach. But those days are gone.

Is it ironic that at the same time, attendance is falling at most schools? I think not.

Reactions: Mayoman
I know it old, cliche, and bears no weight in today’s society, but...it’s about the name on the front of the jersey.

Not the back, and not the coach. But those days are gone.

Is it ironic that at the same time, attendance is falling at most schools? I think not.
Sure it does. Think about it. The names on the front of jerseys are Nike, Adidas and Under Armor..

Working on getting ready for the draft...
Think that he has the talent to perform a the next level. Best of luck to Tutu. I read that Hawkins played at receiver in high school so the pro's may see him at a different position than he played in college. Blocking for the QB in the pro's will lessen his value at that level but receiving skills even from the backfield will enhance his value. Good luck to Hawkins.

Reactions: vivid_red
Think that he has the talent to perform a the next level. Best of luck to Tutu. I read that Hawkins played at receiver in high school so the pro's may see him at a different position than he played in college. Blocking for the QB in the pro's will lessen his value at that level but receiving skills even from the backfield will enhance his value. Good luck to Hawkins.
We've seen them both display some "special" talent. Not just "good", these kids did some crazy good things and could outright change a game.

Talent is there, now their work ethic and an NFL coach's ability to use that talent is a different story. I think if they're used right, we'll hear their names on Sunday. Maybe even in special teams? Hopefully soon I can have a fantasy team with Lamar, Hawkins, & Tutu putting up the points for me!

Reactions: RomanOben
I'm guessing Tutu is a 2nd rounder at best. He just signed with Drew Rosenhaus. He's a slime ball, but a big time agent. His firm doesn't take on just anybody.

I'm guessing Tutu is a 2nd rounder at best. He just signed with Drew Rosenhaus. He's a slime ball, but a big time agent. His firm doesn't take on just anybody.
I mean , aren’t all agents pretty much slimeballs? lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT