ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING: Transfer Portal: Players UofL Has Contacted

The troll is emotional.

The purpose of the thread is to inform a community who might be on the team next year.

The troll also doesn't understand the data he is sharing or what it all means ether.

I don't think many fans will be guaranteeing greatness. But just a casual review of players "listed" tells the reader the team is going from 1 JR and 0 SR last year (after JJ early injury) to already having 2 SR for this year.

So this is not just a changing of names the troll suggests (lazy troll analysis), you're also witnessing a potential shift in experience on your roster, a different philosophy from that prior regime that was so successful. Of course, will need to wait to see how many Jr/Sr get signed, but that experience could be beneficial.

Also, if the troll truly understood his data (he doesn't, he's just a bad faith troll) he'd be aware there were countless highly productive players rated from 50-200 range inthe portal previous years, rendering the entire troll analysis he has put out here to be trash, a trashcanofentertainment yes.

The troll is inspired. He just cannot wait to throw shade on the admin and the staff the admin hired. All he has to do is wait for the losses, they are coming. Or wait for some swings and misses in the portal, there's no guarantee this roster comes together. We're rooting for you Zipp!

But he can't wait for any of that to happen, he's gotta troll the 5-10 posters on this board in every thread right now. Perhaps the community will then shrink to 4-8 posters.

"Ignore is your friend. Quit sniffin! Tom's pajamas!" - Zipp, the Zero.

No “sports knowledge” needed to read a simple list. That’s what’s great about objective analysis…
Not being excited about a starting lineup that could contain Dante Maddox, Terrence Edwards, Chris Youngblood, and Trey Townsend objectively shows that you don’t know ball lol. That’s an elite offense.
I personally would like to see front court names to beef up our defense and rebounding, but we are clearly going to have a deep backcourt (many with tournament experience) with a ton of shooters/scorers. A lot to be excited about

Compiling the names in this thread and the current commits, I don't understand what there is about this list that's supposed to inspire me or anyone else...

Portal-Prospects-4-10-2024.jpg
We have to recruit 13 players. Not all of them are going to be starters or even play much. He is building an entire roster.

How about let's wait and see what the final roster looks like before critiquing it.

Compiling the names in this thread and the current commits, I don't understand what there is about this list that's supposed to inspire me or anyone else...

Portal-Prospects-4-10-2024.jpg
When you get hired on the first day of April,you can really only work with what's in the portal. He's starting from scratch and maybe a little leeway is pertinent here.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
A point is don't put a ton of stock into a website taking a crapshoot and also there's just a lot of productive players.

Storr 86 in 2023 #3 in 2024
Small 120 in 2023 #9 in 2024
Rice 73 in 2023 #14 in 2024

At least 15 guys from 50-75 had at least very good years.

On and on. Not one offs.

Nunn 101 big yr, Wrightsell 103 key role player,Mack 112 big yr, Spencer 114 big yr for Champs, DJ Horne was 118 and a monster. Sallis 131 big yr, Oduro was 151. He was a monster. Lampkin 159. Very good. Cooper 168, very good. Middlebrooks 177 key glue guy. Jones 185 another key glue guy. Shulga 188 big yr. Addae-Wusu 190 pretty good.

On and on. This is quick 5 min eyeball review.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
The troll is emotional.

The purpose of the thread is to inform a community who might be on the team next year.

The troll also doesn't understand the data he is sharing or what it all means ether.

I don't think many fans will be guaranteeing greatness. But just a casual review of players "listed" tells the reader the team is going from 1 JR and 0 SR last year (after JJ early injury) to already having 2 SR for this year.

So this is not just a changing of names the troll suggests (lazy troll analysis), you're also witnessing a potential shift in experience on your roster, a different philosophy from that prior regime that was so successful. Of course, will need to wait to see how many Jr/Sr get signed, but that experience could be beneficial.

Also, if the troll truly understood his data (he doesn't, he's just a bad faith troll) he'd be aware there were countless highly productive players rated from 50-200 range inthe portal previous years, rendering the entire troll analysis he has put out here to be trash, a trashcanofentertainment yes.

The troll is inspired. He just cannot wait to throw shade on the admin and the staff the admin hired. All he has to do is wait for the losses, they are coming. Or wait for some swings and misses in the portal, there's no guarantee this roster comes together. We're rooting for you Zipp!

But he can't wait for any of that to happen, he's gotta troll the 5-10 posters on this board in every thread right now. Perhaps the community will then shrink to 4-8 posters.

"Ignore is your friend. Quit sniffin! Tom's pajamas!" - Zipp, the Zero.
A lotta words. Evidently, I understand what data are. Where’s yours?

Keep sniffin’…

“That's why I have no enthusiasm for what is being reported in this thread. I don't see the talent on next year's team improving at all. It's just different names and faces...”. Zipp.

Then, maybe ignore the tread rather than crap on it.
I don’t have the issue reading what others post that some do. The OP didn’t say only post comments in agreement with me/mine.

Stay on topic…

Last edited:
We have to recruit 13 players. Not all of them are going to be starters or even play much. He is building an entire roster.

How about let's wait and see what the final roster looks like before critiquing it.
That’s a fair take. I’m only commenting on the fish in the pond CPK is apparently fishing in. Tough to land a whale if you’re not fishing for one…

When you get hired on the first day of April,you can really only work with what's in the portal. He's starting from scratch and maybe a little leeway is pertinent here.
The narrative is that things are different in 2024. So it goes, a coach can quickly put together a pretty good team from the portal and win immediately. And we have millions in NIL money to work with.

I think I’m recalling that correctly…

A lotta words. Evidently, I understand what data are. Where’s yours?

Keep sniffin’…
I already gave you data.

Roughly no less than half the players rated from 50-200 in the portal last year had anywhere from a great to good year. Some of those guys moved to #3, #9, and #14 this year.

Anyone that follows the game and has any knowledge of the players would know this, and not need it explained.

All this should tell you there are a lot of good players in the portal beyond your "whales" little guy, and you're just reciting ratings off a random list anyway. It's a crapshoot, which is why a guy like AJ Storr (you have no idea who he is) could move from #86 in 2023 to #3 in 2024 on their list. They are guessing.

You don't understand the data.

You're trolling with an unloaded gun.

I don’t have the issue reading what others post that some do. The OP didn’t say only post comments in agreement with me/mine.

Stay on topic…
You said you have no enthusiasm for what is reported in this thread. So why the need to comment if you have no enthusiasm for it? Oh wait…I remember now…it was just an opportunity to spew more hate and negativity. The OP has just been providing a service to this board and a welcome one. Your negativity and nastiness are not welcome…it’s just more of your self-loathing venom. People can post in any thread they like, but my gosh man….you never contribute….you just love to piss on anyone else’s contribution. We’ve heard you….give it a rest already!!!

I'm excited looking at all these players who are listing us. It feels like Kelsey is somehow talking to all the good players in the Portal. Maybe he is! Dude seems to have unlimited energy.

I'm not too hung up on looking for elite 5-star players in the Portal this year. Last year's big Portal star, Hunter Dickinson, had a good year but on a team that finished 6th in their league and was out before the Sweet 16. And I haven't seen a guy of that caliber enter the Portal yet.

For Kelsey it's all about finding guys who are the right fit and want to work.

I feel really optimistic about the direction. I know he has to win games ultimately but I think he's doing what is needed to get there.

I already gave you data.

Roughly no less than half the players rated from 50-200 in the portal last year had anywhere from a great to good year. Some of those guys moved to #3, #9, and #14 this year...
Let's see an independent source for that data who doesn't follow his nose.
...you're just reciting ratings off a random list anyway.

...You don't understand the data.
I understand that it's provided by 247 sports. Tell those guys they're "random."

Keep sniffin'...

Let's see an independent source for that data who doesn't follow his nose.

I understand that it's provided by 247 sports. Tell those guys they're "random."

Keep sniffin'...
Troll I didn't say you don't understand where the data is from. I said you don't understand the data and the fact that at least half the players from your source from 50-200 last year had strong seasons.

I don't need to tell anyone anything. I am telling you that your "analysis" is bad because it is. Your data owns your point and you don't get it because you are a mope.

Go Google UCONN's #2 scorer, and tell us what he was ranked by your source last year. Etc etc etc.

Keep sniffin.

The reason to be enthused is that we are going from a head coach with a 12-52 record to one with a 261-122 record. Let’s see what the roster looks like on May 1 before we start forming an opinion, other than the obvious one, which is that we got a major upgrade at the most important position in the program.

The narrative is that things are different in 2024. So it goes, a coach can quickly put together a pretty good team from the portal and win immediately. And we have millions in NIL money to work with.

I think I’m recalling that correctly…
Correct,but you're basing your take on rankings . I'm not..

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
I refuse to communicate directly with trolls, but our resident troll derails almost every thread created here. There is absolutely no way he is a fan of the cards. I know he buys game tickets, but I'm starting to think its to cheer for the opposing team. If he was a real fan he would use his troll skills on the blue board and use his team support skills on his favorite teams board, which can't possibly be here.

In part, I was responding to posts 4 thru 6.

And more recently, post 56...
I call bullshit! Your “responses” to whatever are all just hate filled rants. You seek every opportunity to denigrate our teams, our players, our recruits, our coaches, our fans and every other poster on this board. Every post you make is in clear violation of rules 5 & 6 of this board. You should be banned for life for your hatred of this school, its programs and its employees. Every time you spew more hatred please know that you will be reported to the mods. As I said before, we’ve heard you…and we’re sick of it!

Back to the transfer portal discussion. The entire process is new. I don’t think any of us to understand how NIL is being manage to build a roster. It sure isn’t based on an arbitrary ranking system.

I keep referring to Moneyball because that is the easy way for me to wrap my head around what is going.

The smart coaches are using analytics to identify players. Kelsey offense demands good shooting. Not surprised all his guards contacted are good shooters. Now if you want to rank players in the portal based of their 3 point shooting then that would be an indicator. Then you have a budget. Is that player under valued or overvalued. You don’t want a roster full of overvalued guys.

This can easily explain why none of the current roster is being hard pressed to stay. They don’t meet the metrics on shooting and they maybe overvalued. Clark as a 2G based off his stats is he worth 750k or 15% of your NIL? In some cases it could be 20-25%.

Youngblood was coming for visit cancelled to go to Alabama. Not surprised he fits there as well.

“NIL definitely plays a part, but the basketball and coaches are most important. Wherever I go, I understand that I have to earn my playing time. I will look to set up my visits soon."The following schools, among many others, have contacted him since his release from Kentucky:
Louisville
Alabama
Arkansas
Kentucky
Florida State
Pittsburgh
St. John’s
Illinois
Providence
Seton Hall

Reactions: glassmanJ
ADVERTISEMENT