ADVERTISEMENT

Tough start against MTSU

FlavRunit

Two-Star Poster
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2006
We really need to get the bigs involved in the offense. Cochran had 9 early points, but never touched the ball again unless she got her own rebound.

PVH has left the building. Not a great loss in my opinion. Just a role player who is slow on defense. This terrible recruiting has caught up to Walz. I don’t want to hear that we’ve had too 20 classes. Most of them are gone or aren’t that good. Borderline tournament team…

What are you talking about? Has left the house? Where did you here this?

She’s in the transfer portal
Just found that. Sorry Uncle D but this is a big loss. Something serious is going in behind the scenes on this team. There must be a chemistry issue or something. There is plenty of talent but they are just not playing together and losing to MTSU by 18 is MBB-like.

Sad to hear we lost Payton I hate this no telling what next. Our program seems to be in free fall right now, this sucks.

Someone else had mentioned how certain players don’t appear to ‘like’ other players and didn’t want to pass them the ball, etc. That is potentially a huge problem.

Reactions: putter23
Payton will probably end up at Duke that’s where her mom played and we will have to play against her. I am sure she will go off and torch us. Since Jurich and Ramsey have gone our athletic department has gone down every year.

Reactions: putter23
I have to disagree with Uncle D, I think Payton is a baller, she just didn’t get that special treatment pass that Coach likes to hand out every four years or so.

Reactions: Bardman
No question, Peyton leaving in mid season and the two consecutive dominating losses sure looks like an internal issue. Jeff is no quitter and I have confidence that he will sort it out and come up with a solution.

I watched ND dominate an injury-riddled UConn team in the first half that exposed their inability to defend the perimeter. Give it to the Irish they hit the open looks and took advantage of their home crowd.

Reactions: Bardman
I bet ND is chomping at the bits to get a little revenge on us. I guess a lot of teams are, it sure is hard being a Louisville fans these days.

Payton will probably end up at Duke that’s where her mom played and we will have to play against her. I am sure she will go off and torch us. Since Jurich and Ramsey have gone our athletic department has gone down every year.
Yeah, women's basketball has floundered since Tom left. Volleyball is awful.
Tom would have had ten game win seasons with Bobby.2. The smoke and mirrors in the athletic department needed to be corrected alone with bonuses to those involved.

It’s funny so you think our athletic department has been successful the past four years? The only thing keeping us in the news is volleyball and women’s basketball. Now for some unknown reason to everyone the women’s basketball program is starting to flounder.

Men’s basketball is an absolute shit show we won’t win one ballgame this year so that will put us in the news for all the wrong reasons. We have very little money coming in and for some reason you think everything is OK, hilarious.

I think we have a winner ^^^^^^. The problem with that is finding a solution.

I’ll argue the athletics dept floundering line. WBB, FB (has been average), Tennis has seen success, Field Hockey, VB, Swimming/Diving, Soccer, baseball. Come’on, I know FB drives the money train and right behind it is MBB for us. To say basically everything has gone downhill is just not correct.

Reactions: rh62531
So how much money is tennis, swimming/diving, soccer, field hockey and baseball bringing in to help pay the bills and expand?

That is why I said FB and, to an extent, MBB, drive the money trains. Still, you can’t say the rest of the dept is floundering. There has been a lot of success.

Reactions: rh62531
I knew someone would bring up all the other sports teams. It's true, some are not experiencing the issues of the top sports programs, but that will change if the revenue from those top programs continue to wane.

Football and basketball is it for UofL. It's nice that the Volleyball program is great as it has been for the baseball program. These sports however make very little revenue for the athletic department.

The money fans spend on Louisville football and basketball drives the machine and right now that machine is in a big need for a top mechanic.

The ACC is probably at this minute preparing to give UofL a ultimatum that they will not tolerate a men's basketball program winning only a couple of games. All things negative for the Cards basketball program is something the ACC is monitoring for sure.

Do something to stop the bleeding!

Football needs Jeff Brohm so bad. The economic boom to the program when excited fans attend the games expecting to see exciting football. And if Brohm wins early and often, the athletic department will breathe a sign of relief.

Then it's back to having to figure out what to do with Kenny Payne. A Tom Jurich would pull a rabbit out of his hat with a big name coach, who's willing and excited to getting the program back to the top.

But as they say, Jurich isn't walking through that front door.

I really hope KP can turn it around and finish the season at least 10 and 20. Show improvement and stop looking like a Juco team playing division 1 basketball. I think most fans were willing to accept a losing season in year one, but what's been seen on the court is the keystone cops, the bad news bears and the Washington Generals.

No one should accept this. If it doesn't stop soon, there's simply no option other than relieving KP of his duties.

And Jeff Walz will be alright. He's been spoiled for years with a top 10 program. It was inevitable there would be a disappointing season one of these years, and it seems to fit with the struggles this season for the other top sports programs.

And to think just ten years ago, it was the year of the Louisville Cardinals.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I agree with everything you posted remember when we won the national title in basketball and the football team was in a News Year Day bowl and won. The women’s basketball team was ranked as one of the top teams in the country and the baseball team was rolling all this in the same year. Now the only thing rolling is VB and we still have fans defending the decision makers.

I do not believe there is any process in place where the ACC can remove a member based upon poor performance in a particular sport. In truth, UL has failed to produce any significant revenue for the Conference from its Men’s BB Program since the NCAA sanctions.

There are always going to be conference realignment discussions, but I am not aware of any precedent where a school was voted out.

Reactions: FlavRunit
If it is precedented, I would have to see the details, as I believe the bylaws were structured to protect each individual member from being eliminated as a result of losing games. With that said, I do believe there are requirements related to facilities that would rise to disciplinarian action by the conference.

Not familiar with Temple’s departure from the BE, but suspect there are facts that can explain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT