ADVERTISEMENT

What a strange game last night.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
The “glow” theme needs to be retired and never spoken of again.

Inconsistent Plummer returned. I don’t like inconsistent Plummer.

UVA’s true frosh QB looked sharp, throws a nice ball and can run. He’s going to be a problem the next few years, if he stays healthy.

Seemed like the Cards were on the cusp of blowing that game open, but credit UVA. They played hard, disrupted the rhythm, and had a little bit of luck go their way.

That’s a game we lose under Satterfield.

Hopefully, everyone stayed away from the -20.5 point spread. That was just too many points.

I’m glad the UVA RB appears to be ok. Violent hit. Medical teams on both sides knew instantly it was bad.

On to Da U. Tough road game.

I don't think Plummer has changed much. He was making key turnovers @ NC ST, he's still making them now. Cards have been able to gradually put teams away lately w/o asking Plummer to do much. But last night the squad was unable to deliver the KO, and UVA hung in there.

Cards are going to have to somehow get a better performance out of Plummer to win another game. There's just so many weapons for him to use.

Reactions: CardX
I hate when a really solid team gets torched the week before and your team puts on a show. It is natural to have a let down. QB always catches all the majority of the blame when things go bad. He is a solid college QB that isn’t good under pressure. I would blitz Louisville to death. Anyway 9-1 not many QB’s have done that at Louisville.

Energy was off all night including the fans it was a pretty lite crowd. Add in Virginia has a really gifted QB. They also play really fast which in a short week is a tough to prepare for got burned a few times. However even though the defense gave up some big plays they only gave up 17 points. Nothing you can do about the scoop and score. They rallied to ball like they are taught and ball bounced perfectly spot wise and player wise.

Really odd year in how they can look terrific then in 1 quarter fall apart only to look terrific again.

Reactions: CardX
I hate when a really solid team gets torched the week before and your team puts on a show. It is natural to have a let down. QB always catches all the majority of the blame when things go bad. He is a solid college QB that isn’t good under pressure. I would blitz Louisville to death. Anyway 9-1 not many QB’s have done that at Louisville.

Energy was off all night including the fans it was a pretty lite crowd. Add in Virginia has a really gifted QB. They also play really fast which in a short week is a tough to prepare for got burned a few times. However even though the defense gave up some big plays they only gave up 17 points. Nothing you can do about the scoop and score. They rallied to ball like they are taught and ball bounced perfectly spot wise and player wise.

Really odd year in how they can look terrific then in 1 quarter fall apart only to look terrific again.
Agree 100%, the fluke touchdown off a fumble isn't on the defense and they did score a touchdown on the blocked punt. The defense played hard

With the Canes on the horizon,this was the trap game. Cards picked themselves up off of the ground after getting knocked down and delivered KO. Kudos for showing some grit there.
Btw, that qb reminded me a little bit of watching Tarkenton back in the day(I know I'm going way back) with his escapability.

I thought the glow theme was a failure also and not very well thought out.

No offense to the OP but I’m tired of people blaming only Plummer around me in the stands. Dropped pass after dropped pass, bad route that cost us a TD, yet “Plummer through a bad ball!!!” Well hell, the dam receiver ran out of bounds, or it hits the receiver right in the hands and he drops it. Yea Plummer didn’t get enough air under the pick 6 but I assume he thought he could rifle it past the linebacker to a wide open receiver. He’s human.

Bottom line is all these teams have players and good coaches except Murray. This game will help get Louisville’s full attention this week in preparation for Miami.

I thought the glow theme was a failure also and not very well thought out.

No offense to the OP but I’m tired of people blaming only Plummer around me in the stands. Dropped pass after dropped pass, bad route that cost us a TD, yet “Plummer through a bad ball!!!” Well hell, the dam receiver ran out of bounds, or it hits the receiver right in the hands and he drops it. Yea Plummer didn’t get enough air under the pick 6 but I assume he thought he could rifle it past the linebacker to a wide open receiver. He’s human.

Bottom line is all these teams have players and good coaches except Murray. This game will help get Louisville’s full attention this week in preparation for Miami.
Let's be real here.

He's a 6th year QB playing in the same system with his old coach that benched his ass in favor of a freshman. Imagine what this team would be like with Virginia's QB.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
Good summations. I’ll add the glow theme doesn’t work because it’s super bright in the stadium and they never dimmed the lights or anything between quarters. The jerseys didn’t glow. The glow sticks didn’t glow. Good idea on paper, I guess

I don't think Plummer has changed much. He was making key turnovers @ NC ST, he's still making them now.

I agree I don't think he has changed much either except you just pick on his low points with total disregard for his high ones! He ain't perfect, but he is very good running the offense. He is 9-1 as a starter here. He could only be better by being 10-0.

For goodness sakes were not 9-1 without him.

Some of you can't be happy with anything. I could give you a hundred dollar bill and you'd complain it wasn't in twenties.

Be THANKFUL, focus on the positives and enjoy every minute while you have it. It won't last forever.

Great job Jack leading us to 9-1 and maybe an ACC Championship appearance clinched with 2 games left to play.

Because Brohm took the game away from him. Plummer is a game manager and a guy that hands off the ball. CJB let's him throw safe passes and that's it.

Bohm is a great HC, he is just forced into making playcalls because his hands are tied by Plummer.
I agree but I would spin it slightly differently. I think Brohm’s play calling is more influenced by having a really good run game and, a defense that so far has been outstanding. That the QB play hasn’t matched those two excellent groups doesn’t mean Plummer is not a good CFB QB.

Just means Brohm is playing to his strengths.

I will say there were some dropped passes and Jordon thought he could play out of bounds. A watched the game today and on tv stadium sounded pretty loud. But since I was there I do believe there were let downs. I thing the fans tried pushing but they kept shooting themselves in the foot and it tends to quite fans

I agree but I would spin it slightly differently. I think Brohm’s play calling is more influenced by having a really good run game and, a defense that so far has been outstanding. That the QB play hasn’t matched those two excellent groups doesn’t mean Plummer is not a good CFB QB.

Just means Brohm is playing to his strengths.
This is how I see it. Which is a sign of a good coach. This is really good news for our future

I don't think Plummer has changed much. He was making key turnovers @ NC ST, he's still making them now. Cards have been able to gradually put teams away lately w/o asking Plummer to do much. But last night the squad was unable to deliver the KO, and UVA hung in there.

Cards are going to have to somehow get a better performance out of Plummer to win another game. There's just so many weapons for him to use.
To be fair, he threw a beautiful ball to AHB, and despite things not going his way, like a key drop in the red zone when we’re about to go up 21-0, kept his composure and delivered the win. I wish he was more consistent, but Jack is the best we have at that position right now. We need to roll with him.

Because Brohm took the game away from him. Plummer is a game manager and a guy that hands off the ball. CJB let's him throw safe passes and that's it.
Bohm is a great HC, he is just forced into making playcalls because his hands are tied by Plummer.
Hell the very first pass wasn’t a safe pass 😂 so much for your theory. Maybe it is Brohm who realized the weapons he has at running back? Maybe he learned that playing Purdue ball doesn’t work at the Pitt game. Hell it took him the whole night to realize a quick hitter off tackle was the ticket against Va not the stretch play around the end.
Any way back to your theory, Plummer threw a bunch of hard passes last night. Maybe you closed your eyes?

Another take from the game. Any team on the remaining schedule that has a scrambling/running QB has to be a concern for the coaches.
Their “true freshman “ QB exposed a weakness that hopefully the staff will address if and when that potential is possible.

I am going to give credit to their QB, he is good. Like most freshman he is prone to losing games with his turnovers. It think he threw for over 300 yards in the other games he played in.

The next 2 games will be tough because Miami and UK are good defensively.

There will be constant pressure on Plummer from both teams going forward. The O-line has to be able to push some guys around and get these runners those seams. Elseways it's gonna be open season on our qb. Run it,play action it.

Another take from the game. Any team on the remaining schedule that has a scrambling/running QB has to be a concern for the coaches.
Their “true freshman “ QB exposed a weakness that hopefully the staff will address if and when that potential is possible.
Virginia Tech had one. Duke had one but was banged up a little. Your take is based off one game

There will be constant pressure on Plummer from both teams going forward. The O-line has to be able to push some guys around and get these runners those seams. Elseways it's gonna be open season on our qb. Run it,play action it.
Kentucky doesn’t pressure anybody. Miami possibly as I haven’t seen them play. Why so scared? Brohm knows how to get passes off.

I agree I don't think he has changed much either except you just pick on his low points with total disregard for his high ones! He ain't perfect, but he is very good running the offense. He is 9-1 as a starter here. He could only be better by being 10-0.

Some of you can't be happy with anything. I could give you a hundred dollar bill and you'd complain it wasn't in twenties.

Be THANKFUL, focus on the positives and enjoy every minute while you have it. It won't last forever.

Great job Jack leading us to 9-1 and maybe an ACC Championship appearance clinched with 2 games left to play.
I have gone back and looked at highlights of some of our wins on YouTube. I have quietly been critical of Plummer but after looking at his performance in these games he has not been as bad as many are saying. Is he a Lamar or Malik? No. But he knows the game and I think is improving in his play by play and game decisions and management. I think Pitt was an anomaly and UVA is a decent team that has had some bad breaks. Some of our wins I.E. Ga.Tech are looking better as the season goes on.

Reactions: UKCoachesGraveyard

This is a ridiculous response really, as if I've been pounding the board with negativity for months or something, which I have not been. I've read a ton more nastier posts than anything I briefly typed here. It's really an unnecessary lecture you're handing out.

Whatever it is, I'm happy with the 9-1, even before reading your advice. Extremely happy.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Kentucky doesn’t pressure anybody. Miami possibly as I haven’t seen them play. Why so scared? Brohm knows how to get passes off.
Uhhh ok. Uk will probably blitz every play. Not sure if you've been paying attention but they've basically done whatever tf they want to for several years now. Who tf said anything about being scared?

Reactions: luv2hit63
The Pitt game was played in heavy I repeat heavy rain and we didn’t do well. Against Duke we were winning 23-0 and then the rain came and we didn’t score again. I just hope it never rains in any of our other games. As far as Plummer goes he is great at managing the game. Against Virginia we had penalties that kept hampering our ball movement and we had dropped passes.

I have gone back and looked at highlights of some of our wins on YouTube. I have quietly been critical of Plummer but after looking at his performance in these games he has not been as bad as many are saying. Is he a Lamar or Malik? No. But he knows the game and I think is improving in his play by play and game decisions and management. I think Pitt was an anomaly and UVA is a decent team that has had some bad breaks. Some of our wins I.E. Ga.Tech are looking better as the season goes on.
Sorry man, I take him over Malik! I appreciate Malik for what he was, but he was just not got a passing QB. Great athlete and competitor, yes!

This is a ridiculous response really, as if I've been pounding the board with negativity for months or something, which I have not been. I've read a ton more nastier posts than anything I briefly typed here. It's really an unnecessary lecture you're handing out.

Whatever it is, I'm happy with the 9-1, even before reading your advice. Extremely happy.
I don't know about your posts for months. I was only replying to that particular post. Especially where you wrote...

"Cards are going to have to somehow get a better performance out of Plummer to win another game".

That sounds like the sky is falling to me and hard to see how anyone could be "happy" with that perspective. I'm glad you are though.

Jack played well enough in this game to beat both Miami and UK. He isnt the only one making mistakes & getting unlucky. He didn't run out of bounds on a wide open TD pass, nor have anything to do with the crapluck fumble TD, etc..

Uhhh ok. Uk will probably blitz every play. Not sure if you've been paying attention but they've basically done whatever tf they want to for several years now. Who tf said anything about being scared?
Stoops is weird in this way he is super conservative against the better teams but super aggressive against average teams once he gets into SEC play. He knows he can’t bet Alabama-Georgia-TN so he tries to just survive the game.

I agree they will be super aggressive against Louisville.

I don't know about your posts for months. I was only replying to that particular post. Especially where you wrote...

"Cards are going to have to somehow get a better performance out of Plummer to win another game".

My opinion is there's an uptick in SOS moving forward, and the remaining opponents will play with more urgency the Cards have seen lately. There's only a couple games left. It's not like there's 7 games left and I'm saying the team can't beat anybody with this QB.

QB play has been ok out of JP after 10 games against a mostly softer schedule than what remains. A few strong games, a few duds, and a few game management types.

If I was dragging the guy I'd say bench him or throw some real shade and put him on full blast. I did neither.

QB gets too much blame when a team loses. But a QB also can get too much credit when a team wins. Like, when you say JP "lead UofL to 9-1". Yes he was a contributor.

Defense, running game, great coaching job are the things that have lead UofL to 9-1.

It's just an opinion.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT