ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU loses Top Ranked 2021 QB to the Portal

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011

It's just interesting. Everybody is pointing to recruiting. I think in addition to getting recruiting classes, ya now got to be able to keep them in the stable. And, if tOSU can't do it who can?

Interesting era for the sport.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
This guy did exactly the right thing for him … he is very unlikely to get on the field in 2022, and possibly not in 2023 if CJ Stroud were to decide to stay at Ohio State for his redshirt Junior season.

This guy did exactly the right thing for him … he is very unlikely to get on the field in 2022, and possibly not in 2023 if CJ Stroud were to decide to stay at Ohio State for his redshirt Junior season.
No doubt. But is your recruiting class really as strong as it is rated if a guy like this produces nothing for your program?

No doubt. But is your recruiting class really as strong as it is rated if a guy like this produces nothing for your program?
Just the opposite, it speaks volumes of programs like OSU that can lose a player of that caliber and they still manage to be in contention for CFP every year, at least in the conversation.

Just the opposite, it speaks volumes of programs like OSU that can lose a player of that caliber and they still manage to be in contention for CFP every year, at least in the conversation.
I agree it reflects strength of a program that the guy can't beat out another guy.

The question is directly about class rankings in general being misleading though if players part of the ranking never produce a thing for the program.

I’d argue that it actually means the class is stronger when you have 2 5-star QBs. That should mean that you’re twice as likely to have recruited a superstar at the most important position on the field.

I’d argue that it actually means the class is stronger when you have 2 5-star QBs. That should mean that you’re twice as likely to have recruited a superstar at the most important position on the field.
Yeah it makes sense I guess. I know NCAACard was implying the same.

Maybe these kids need to think about true playing time instead of being awed that OS came calling. Or I guess the adults in their life shouldn’t be so naïve.

Reactions: rh62531
A few OSU boosters wondering what happened to their money. Kid made huge bank to give up his high school senior season, then gets to go back and play for a hometown college. More NIL to come (almost like double dipping).

Reactions: PHCARD
A few OSU boosters wondering what happened to their money. Kid made huge bank to give up his high school senior season, then gets to go back and play for a hometown college. More NIL to come (almost like double dipping).
There has to be a contract! Anybody with 1/2 brain would play CYA in a contract?

Nothing makes any sense; all of these changes in college sports will ultimately have consequences that will dilute its overall value.

BTW, the last time OSU lost a QB to transfer, it resulted in LSU a winning an NC as the recipient of Joe Burrow’s services.

Nothing makes any sense; all of these changes in college sports will ultimately have consequences that will dilute its overall value.
Depends on who you ask.

The players probably love it.

Some players are maybe going to stick in school longer though maybe as a transfer to pick up some NIL juice before they get cut from the NFL.

I look @ this year, first year of NIL, and it's been great year for college football. Other than our team being blah, everything else has been max entertainment. I don't see Alabama, tOSU, or OU dominating. I see Cincy controlling their own destiny. I see Michigan back in the hunt for the first time in a long time.

It's been a great year.

Maybe these kids need to think about true playing time instead of being awed that OS came calling. Or I guess the adults in their life shouldn’t be so naïve.
Well, I’m sure Caleb Williams at Oklahoma probably thought he was going to sit another year behind Spencer Rattler, but yet Rattler is in the portal. Rattler was preseason pick to win the Heisman…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT