ADVERTISEMENT

Today: The Start of my Boycott of the University of Louisville (Until Postel is Gone)

Nothing says i have to be a rabid Fb fan sorry your butt hurt!
Not butt hurt at all, and of course you don’t have to be a “rabid” UofL football fan.

Perhaps it’s you that should remember that fact, and not post during football games like you actually have rabies - lol.

I'd say he did what most successful business persons do, he realized that life goes on and trusted in his own skill-set to determine that he is the best person to carry the baton for Jurich.
That's bull$hit rationalization for Tyra apologists.

I don't give a damn what his last name is, how many red pom-poms he owns, or how successful a businessman he is. He was perfectly willing to stick a knife in Jurich's back. He couldn't wait to start throwing out first pitches at baseball games.

If he wanted credibility, he should have taken the job falling all over himself extolling Jurich's virtues as an AD. He should have said "I'm just a short term fill-in and not a candidate for the job full time." And he should have worked behind the scenes instead of looking for photo ops.

If I want to look for a single reason NOT to support Tyra, who appointed him? What is that guy's credibility?

You slobber over your new and likely permanent AD all you want. I hope he fails miserably which is pretty likely considering his (lack of) experience and who he's succeeding...

Last edited:
I hope Tyra does well, but it's telling that when his friend was suspended and fighting for his job he accepted the position. I think most of us would be like, "no, that's my friend you're screwing over." I guess you'd call that backstabbing.
He might be “friendly” with Jurich but they’re not friends. Tyra is 1,000,000% more beholden to his business sponsor grissom and, as postel is, will do whatever grissom tells him to do.

grissom had Jurich and pitino in his sights since day one. I was this told in March F2F by a former board member who knows grissom personally, that grissom would remove them from their positions inside of a year. Sadly, pitino’s actions made grissom’s mission that much easier.

I told my wife that once Ramsey was gone the door was open. That the new board we’re going to dismantle the current leadership in athletics. She thought I was crazy.....not anymore.

CLown thats FB not BB go somewhere who the hell cares about FB
“However all we can do now is still remain loyal rabid Card fans till the end! We as fans are going to be just as important as any big time donor going forward making this program staying relevant. Sometimes change is the best and needed nobody excepts it well but life goes on as this program will as long as we maintain our LOYAL SUPPORT !”

These were your words - no one else’s. So to sum up - you’re a “loyal” supporter but only for basketball? Lol - ok.

Take a look around Einstein - FB drives the bus everywhere - including here. UofL is in the ACC because of FB - BB is an afterthought.

This is so true. Only in pockets is BB the top sport. Most fan bases just don’t care. FB is the revenue sport and the bigger attraction.

I agree with the OP...from,the stand point of Postel and the BOT. I have said on another thread...to get a clean slate everyone needs to go, that has been involved in controversy at UofL, which includes Petrino. I'm not a proponent of Boycotts either...but how as a fan do you voice your displeasure with the way things are going without the Loyalists saying I'm not "true" Cardin Fan or the Fringe Fans saying I'm a sell out. Hell...I'm have been blocked off the site because of the frustration I have had with the FB and BB programs. Thoughts? The problem I'm having with this whole thing is that there has been no consistency with UofL and/or Jurich. When all this stuff went done, which I feel started with Petrino the first time with secret meetings with Auburn. Jurich should of told him to leave then. But Jurich is a loyal guy...kept him. Pitino should been fired after the first scandal. So, now that both are gone...lets get rid of Postel and the BOT, and get fresh blood to clean this mess up!

I agree with the OP...from,the stand point of Postel and the BOT. I have said on another thread...to get a clean slate everyone needs to go, that has been involved in controversy at UofL, which includes Petrino. I'm not a proponent of Boycotts either...but how as a fan do you voice your displeasure with the way things are going without the Loyalists saying I'm not "true" Cardin Fan or the Fringe Fans saying I'm a sell out. Hell...I'm have been blocked off the site because of the frustration I have had with the FB and BB programs. Thoughts? The problem I'm having with this whole thing is that there has been no consistency with UofL and/or Jurich. When all this stuff went done, which I feel started with Petrino the first time with secret meetings with Auburn. Jurich should of told him to leave then. But Jurich is a loyal guy...kept him. Pitino should been fired after the first scandal. So, now that both are gone...lets get rid of Postel and the BOT, and get fresh blood to clean this mess up!
You've been blocked? I'm not showing you as ever having been Blacklisted or banned.

Now do not me wrong, I still support the teams and the athletes on those teams. They deserve our support more than ever. I will still be watching and cheering on our athletic teams from the comfort of my home. I will just not be giving any support financially.

I do not trust Greg Postel or any of the UK BOT (oops sorry UofL) to hire any type of competent AD or Basketball coach. They will hire someone who will destroy that individual program and their goal is to destroy UofL Athletics. With Jurich being gone universities will pick apart our teams one by one. Petrino will get SEC offers, and though he might not be as good as he was he's still far better than Butch Jones, Will Muschamp or Kevin Sumlin. Dan McDonnell will most likely get multiple offers from various SEC and ACC schools and Jeff Walz will get multiple offers as well. Without a strong AD we have no chance of keeping those coaches who are all at the top of their sport.

I truly believe that the only way to stop this is to stop Greg Postel, David Grissom and all the UK cronies on the UofL BOT. I know that many of you will say I am going about this the wrong way, that this is what UK and the UK cronies on the UofL BOT want. I know that many of you will say that I am hurting the university, our faculty, our students and our student athletes. Yes you are right, I am hurting UofL, but only because this might be the only way to save UofL long term. Like a trapped person who cuts off an arm to save his life, my goal is to hurt UofL now to save UofL long term.

Please seriously consider this economic and financial boycott of UofL. It is the best way to show that you truly care.
You're part of a little posse that doesn't want to see the ball moved down the field with needed reform and change.

You're part of a little posse that doesn't want to see the ball moved down the field with needed reform and change.

You're wrong on this issue and history will show you to be wrong. Did you not see the petty letter Jurich was given by Postel that was released today.

That letter and the amount of unprofessionalism shown by Postel is exactly why I am boycotting UofL financially. If Postel had any morals (which he doesn't, he's a snake) he would resign by the end of the week.

The fan base stated they wanted reasons Tom Jurich was terminated.
This is the reasoning.
People that wanted Mr.Jurich retained will state it is non acceptable and use the term 'bully' as proof of a personal agenda.
People that wanted Mr. Jurich released will point to the part of infractions by teams under his watch and the statements of financial improprieties going back to the Ramsey administration as good enough reason.

Neither side will be satisfied with the other.
Likely a reason the board was in no hurry to put it out.

Count me as one who did not want Jurich gone because of all the success that the school and athletics have achieved. But looking at a viewpoint without any emotion, I can fully understand how we got to where we are.
Ironically, when the Jurich story broke, ESPN ran a clip of TJ’s speech when he was first hired. I encourage everyone to listen to it and you may have a different opinion than me. But what Tom said was basically he was given the authority to do “whatever” he thought necessary for the program and and answered to no one (except Ramsey), not even the Board. I believe this with all my heart and call it bullying or intimidation, it seems plausible that he operated in a manner that he didn’t have to answer to anyone.

As long as we were successful, no one wants to argue with how you got there, but once Ramsey was removed and these transcretions surfaced, it was evident that we could no longer operate under those same conditions. I’m sure TJ did not want to accept having to answer to the Board in going forward. I hate that it looks like it is going to get even uglier.
I don’t envy Postel and I think whoever was in that role needed to do the same thing, although it could have done more tactful perhaps, but maybe not since it appears this has been a power struggle for some time.

Last edited:
I'm not boycotting anything to do with the UofL. I will, however, continue my boycott of Papa John's Pizza and booing the Papa Copter every time it makes its presence at UofL football games. I've got our whole row and the folks in front of me and in back of me to boo the Papa Copter, it's quite fun.

You're wrong on this issue and history will show you to be wrong. Did you not see the petty letter Jurich was given by Postel that was released today.

That letter and the amount of unprofessionalism shown by Postel is exactly why I am boycotting UofL financially. If Postel had any morals (which he doesn't, he's a snake) he would resign by the end of the week.
Donations will likely increase with the new accountability, transparency and confidence that donor funds will be used in a responsible and honest fashion.

As a fan base we do have convenient memory loss at times. When several posters kept stating that except for basketball and football, all the other 23 sports were exemplary under Jurich. Well that’s not exactly true. I had forgotten about the women’s lacrosse incident where several parents complained about the abusiveness of the head coach. No action was taken by Jurich except that he told the coach to stop cursing around the team. The lacrosse coach’s immediate supervisor was Julie Herman, the assistant AD who was later found to be accused of abuse herself at University of Tennessee. The connection? Coach and assistant AD both direct hires of TJ.

Donations will likely increase with the new accountability, transparency and confidence that donor funds will be used in a responsible and honest fashion.
images

As a fan base we do have convenient memory loss at times. When several posters kept stating that except for basketball and football, all the other 23 sports were exemplary under Jurich. Well that’s not exactly true. I had forgotten about the women’s lacrosse incident where several parents complained about the abusiveness of the head coach. No action was taken by Jurich except that he told the coach to stop cursing around the team. The lacrosse coach’s immediate supervisor was Julie Herman, the assistant AD who was later found to be accused of abuse herself at University of Tennessee. The connection? Coach and assistant AD both direct hires of TJ.
23 sports and 20 years roll up to 460 competition years of U of L teams under Jurich's oversight. If you can't point to a couple of issues with that risk exposure, your database is suspect...

While not disputing the validity or even minimizing the complaints of those six players and their parents, it seems as though the issue was addressed with the coach by the former assistant AD and Jurich weighed in with the coach to instruct her to modify her behavior. Apparently she has, as the issues that were raised 4 years ago have not resurfaced.

As for being comparable to the basketball situation - it’s not even apples and oranges, it’s apples and rocks.

That’s fine you can look at this lightly but what if you were the parent of the girl who had a torn ACL and was made to do 250 push-ups in an airport. Complain to the coach and AD and nothing is done about it.

That’s fine you can look at this lightly but what if you were the parent of the girl who had a torn ACL and was made to do 250 push-ups in an airport. Complain to the coach and AD and nothing is done about it.
What do you mean nothing was done? You yourself listed things that were done - and that’s what was made public. Given that there’s not been repeated issues - it seems that whatever measures were taken were at least somewhat successful.

Apparently not satisfactory. There is a lawsuit that is still pending that was filed in 2016. Ironically enough Greg Postel was the chairman of the Physicians board at the time the events occurred.

And where is the NCAA compliance issue in the women's lacrosse example? Nowhere I can see...

Reactions: BPGhost

East...honestly what planet do you live on? How many times have you seen a large donor fund a public university stating "Well the deciding factor for me was the accountability, transparency, and confidence that my funds will be used in a responsible and honest fashion?" NEVER...how many people support athletics for the reasons above? You support the athletics department because you want to see them do well and win or support the academic side to see the university flourish (new research, awards, opportunity).

A publicly funded city university is not the same thing as an ultra-christian liberal arts college...both have their place/value and a discreet set of donors with expectations.

Apparently not satisfactory. There is a lawsuit that is still pending that was filed in 2016. Ironically enough Greg Postel was the chairman of the Physicians board at the time the events occurred.
Well clearly postel should be terminated for cause for allowing this to happen on his watch.

Reactions: CardsFirst
And where is the NCAA compliance issue in the women's lacrosse example? Nowhere I can see...
It’s not an eligibility issue but along with CRP it does demonstrate a consistent willful lack of supervision of head coaches and further shows he was slow to take meaningful action or enforcement.

It’s not an eligibility issue but along with CRP it does demonstrate a consistent willful lack of supervision of head coaches and further shows he was slow to take meaningful action or enforcement.
Complete bullshit and a leap worthy of an Olympian.

Reactions: zipp
It shows nothing of the sort unless you have additional evidence...

Well I won't lie, I've never cared for the state of Kentucky. Why should I care for a state that hates my city and my university? The city of Louisville is the lone beacon of light in a state full of darkness (racism, discrimination, hate, drug abuse, cheating just to win at basketball) and I despise the fact that Louisville loses 50% of its taxes to a state that hates its guts. This is the state trying to put not only UofL but the city of Louisville back in its place.

My only wish is that the University of Louisville would stop playing My Old Kentucky Home at home games. We should not honor a song that honors racism and bigotry, never mind a song for a state that hates its main city and economic engine. For years I have refused to stand and respect My Old Kentucky Home. As far as I'm concerned I'll never visit the state of Kentucky outside of the city of Louisville ever again. It's a good thing I saw the Corvette museum back in September.

I can find more drugs in Louisville than any other part of the state I guarantee that. Portland ring a bell?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT