ADVERTISEMENT

To all gutless cayut fans . . .

gocds

15000+
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2001
those of you that hate Bobby Petrino because he had an affair OR because he lied to UofL or the Atlanta Falcons, GET OVER IT. The man has asked for forgiveness and, apparently, has received such from his family and his God. I assure you that is ALL THAT COUNTS and your stupid, ignorant and continued short sighted opinions don't count. And, by the way, that goes for Coach Pitino also. You guys are the most stupid, narrow minded and ignorant fan base in all of college sports. Yes this is a free board and you are welcome to respond to this post/thread but I don't expect much from your cowardly ilk. Go coward kitties.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Well, there were several of them during and after the USM game lamenting the fact that they did not hire Petrino, despite the fact that he was never taking that job.

Yeah, you're right, but I'm sure that you saw the post by those stupid, ill informed, ignorant and narrow minded fans that "they would never accept a coach like Petrino". Like hell they wouldn't . . . they'd accept anyone that would bring them a hope of winning football games. Even cheating Hal Mumme. Jeeze they accepted calasleezy and his two rejected final four records.

Yeah, you're right, but I'm sure that you saw the post by those stupid, ill informed, ignorant and narrow minded fans that "they would never accept a coach like Petrino". Like hell they wouldn't . . . they'd accept anyone that would bring them a hope of winning football games. Even cheating Hal Mumme. Jeeze they accepted calasleezy and his two rejected final four records.

Yes, but we all know this by now. Typical for the hypocats. U of L is thug U, blah, blah, blah, but they conveniently ignore their own rap sheet as the program with the 4th most arrests in the last few years. What do you expect from those guys?

I think my last draw was when he screwed over a kid in South Carolina so bad that he's not allowed to step foot into that school again to recruit. Nobody from UL is.

Cant remember the exact story, but he pulled the kids scholarship 1 or 2 days away from signing day....the kid went reeling and had to fall back onto some little school.

I'm all about forgiveness, we all make mistakes....but this wasn't right.

I think my last draw was when he screwed over a kid in South Carolina so bad that he's not allowed to step foot into that school again to recruit. Nobody from UL is.

Cant remember the exact story, but he pulled the kids scholarship 1 or 2 days away from signing day....the kid went reeling and had to fall back onto some little school.

The kid ended up at Wake Forest. Not saying it's right but all schools do it. Just the nature of the beast.

Reactions: American Male

The kid you are referring to ended up at Wake Forest and this happens at almost every P5 school every Febraury. And UofL AND CBP can go anywhere they want to go. This also happened to Charlie Strong at a Cincinnati high school and we have gone back there to get kids even though cayut fans said we'd be "banned" from there also. Just goes to show you how much uahkay fans know . . . nothing, nada, zero.

You must not know how recruiting/signings are done.
You how and why Lorenzo Mauldin came to UofL? Spurrier pulled his offer
to Scar two days before signing day.

The young man was offered a grayshirt, which could have easily turned into
a scholly from someone who changed their mind during the signing period, or
they didnt qualify.

The players promise to sign only to renege on signing day. Its a dirty business, yet
the young man landed with a scholly to WF.

Stick with basketball pal.

Reactions: Louisvillian

You seem to have a great recollection of this "last draw" item.

Louis, it happens all of the time. Kids switch on signing day because other ruthless programs don't give up on switching kids until the letter has been signed and faxed to the school. I can assure you, if Louisville or any other P5 school has an interest in a kid at said High School, the coach will not stand in the way. Crap happens at every program and if you don't believe it, I've got some swamp land to sell you.

You ask for my opinion, I give it. I don't like the guy and I'm glad he's not at UK. Arkansas canned him, UK didn't want him, but UL adores him....so we all win :)
If he was a basketball coach with the same coaching ability, Kentucky would be all over him.

If he was a basketball coach with the same coaching ability, Kentucky would be all over him.
No, UK didn't want him. Doesn't matter what he coaches, he aggravated a lot of people. If Arky fires him, he's not UK gold.

Isn't that called a "grayshirt", and isn't that done routinely at most schools? Hell, they even have a name for it.

LPT Football: There are a lotta things about football we don't know...

They know nothing about Grey Shirting they need every player they get so they can win 5 games. That dumpster fire of a program has no clue about football.

Thankfully, no one here asked for or cares about your approval. You have some messed up priorities. Your football team is setting records for arrests and you care about a scholarship being pulled. Not me. The last time we pulled a scholarship was from Brad Durham. Remember him. You guys wasted 3 years on that guy. Not us. I always question the motivation and sanity of a Cayut fan who spends all of his time on a U of L board. I have those same questions for Cayut fan who wants to lecture us on our football program.

With the SEC season starting this weekend the Cats had a players only meeting today. Glad to see they aren't playing around anymore. Kash isn't ready to play yet so he's just going to lead from the sidelines like all good generals do. Matt brought the cookies and Drew said he ain't scared of no Gator and told the story about how back in 79 his grandpappy actually saw the Cats win in Gainesville. Then they all chanted Gator Bait. Can't wait until game time.

Last edited:
Reactions: atiba and earsky
Was there an ice cream truck?

LPT Football: Only the essentials...
Every day at 4 Zipp- nothing brings team unity like sharing a Crunch Bar. From what I hear from Grover the Cats play in the second half was due to the snafu with the truck not being there Saturday at halftime. They couldn't get over the let down and weren't able to mentally get back in the game. Coach Stoops is still learning how to be a head coach so you know he won't be making that mistake again in the future.

Reactions: atiba and zipp
those of you that hate Bobby Petrino because he had an affair OR because he lied to UofL or the Atlanta Falcons, GET OVER IT. The man has asked for forgiveness and, apparently, has received such from his family and his God. I assure you that is ALL THAT COUNTS and your stupid, ignorant and continued short sighted opinions don't count. And, by the way, that goes for Coach Pitino also. You guys are the most stupid, narrow minded and ignorant fan base in all of college sports. Yes this is a free board and you are welcome to respond to this post/thread but I don't expect much from your cowardly ilk. Go coward kitties.

They will learn to love Petrino if any of them has the unfortunate circumstance of having a baby that needs to be in NICU at Kosair Childrens Hospital. But they forget about all the good that he does. Another recent situation was him buying firefighters a large plasma television when their other one(s) were stolen or damaged by criminals.

Reactions: gocds

Who are we to cast stones? Everybody screws up in life (some more than others). The important thing to remember is his family has forgiven him and from everything we've seen he seems to have bettered himself. He's doing a lot of great things in the community now besides just coaching a winning football team (something cats fans don't know much about).

Reactions: gocds
Hoping for the vast majority of uk fans to not continue to bring up our coaches indiscretions outside of sports is like wishing in one hand and sh---ing in the other. It's their best argument material when they suck and something...which happens to be a lot of things. So you might be better served just pointing out their issues in their own backyard...which is A LOT.

Current state of uk - former chairman accused of rape, uk paper vs the administration & Professor Longfinger, Stoops' fantastic contract extension and Derek Willis getting some stern talking to by Cal after a second incident within months involving alcohol. It's as if they troll themselves every time they try to smack talk UofL.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
With every passing week, there are fewer LPT fans willing to accept the slapd!ck party line on Petrino. In fact, I think the scales tipped in the other direction tonite. They'll be absolutely apoplectic if we pull off the upset next weekend.

LPT Football: Warming up to Bobby (again)...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT