ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket sales -2.4 million

Why is what Padgett does with this team and players is so different than what a coach does somewhere else with other players? Mack’s not bringing his entire roster with him is he? For those with eligibility, they have to sit out a year. Whoever’s brought in will be a transition, unless you want to tear everything down, you try to minimize the impact as much as possible for players and for fans.
You judge a coach by his body of work. Mack's body of work covers his entire career. This year is Padgett's entire career so far.

You judge a coach by his body of work. Mack's body of work covers his entire career. This year is Padgett's entire career so far.
I can agree with that but why are you dismissing the fact that he played for a HOF coach, graduated from U of L, and served on a HOF coaching staff. He’s also garnered some respect as a player. I don’t see that on Mack’s resume? Don’t just judge by wins and losses, judge the body of work. Again I know Mack is a good coach, but he’s Xavier’s coach.

I’m never going to choose avoiding making a decision - particularly when I think that act causes more long term harm than good. Why not wait until we see who / what the choices are - before making a judgement?...
The bigger issue is waiting to see who gets to MAKE the decision. You'll always have good options...

IIRC, Mack has one EE on his resume in eight years. And I think he barely broke .500 in year 4 of the Atlantic 10 after Sean Miller's players were gone.

If that's what I can look forward to here in a much tougher conference, I'll watch what Padgett does awhile longer...

I can agree with that but why are you dismissing the fact that he played for a HOF coach, graduated from U of L, and served on a HOF coaching staff. He’s also garnered some respect as a player. I don’t see that on Mack’s resume? Don’t just judge by wins and losses, judge the body of work. Again I know Mack is a good coach, but he’s Xavier’s coach.
I am not dismissing anyone. I am just pointing out that when we hire a permanent head coach, we have to do so based on their record. Mack has a record he can be judged on. Padgett can be judged by how this team does in the season as a whole. As for your comment about not judging by wins and losses, I cannot help but quote the old Baron of Basketball who said, if wins and losses don't matter, then why do they bother to keep score?

I am not dismissing anyone. I am just pointing out that when we hire a permanent head coach, we have to do so based on their record. Mack has a record he can be judged on. Padgett can be judged by how this team does in the season as a whole. As for your comment about not judging by wins and losses, I cannot help but quote the old Baron of Basketball who said, if wins and losses don't matter, then why do they bother to keep score?
Ah ha... quoting the bigot Rupp. Now I know not to value any of your posts or thoughts and maybe should think complete opposite.

IIRC, Mack has one EE on his resume in eight years. And I think he barely broke .500 in year 4 of the Atlantic 10 after Sean Miller's players were gone.

If that's what I can look forward to here in a much tougher conference, I'll watch what Padgett does awhile longer...
FWIW, I would assume that MAck would bring his assistant. Maybe a lot of you would like to see U of L go Nike, because his assistant is deeply entrenched in the Nike AAU circuit.

All that tells me is there is quite a few of our fans who think like UK fans, which is what Eastwood is.
So you’re saying that all of the fans that want Padgett to be retained (like eatwood) think like uahk fans?

Got it.

Holy Jeebus, if this endorsement doesn’t tell you that Padgett’s not the right person - than nothing will - lol.
It tells me that eatwood occasionally misses stepping on his d!ck...

Padgett has done a great job and deserves to be the permanent coach. He's on our side.
Says someone who clearly hasn’t the first clue on the criteria used to evaluate personnel and sadly, does not even know what the word “great” means.

Says someone who clearly hasn’t the first clue on the criteria used to evaluate personnel and sadly, does not even know what the word “great” means.
It's refreshing to see a gentleman of dignity and basketball knowledge coaching the Cardinals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT