ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday night games

kozmas

4000+
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2011
I have been down in Alabama working and a couple of guys saw my Louisville sticker on my car and started talking football. I was surprised how much they knew about our program (since sUcK fans always say nobody outside of Louisville knows who we are) the one thing they said that I thought was interesting was about Thursday night games. They said they thought Louisville needed to get back on that Thursday night schedule we use to be on because they use to watch us play all the time, they thought it was great exposure for us.

I think since the Cards joined a P5 conference, you will only see one or two Thursday night games a season. This past season we played Clemson & the season before we played FSU on a Thursday night.

Not doubting you Kozmas but is it possible that they were being snarky? That's an SEC thing to make fun of schools that supposedly "have" to play on Thursday or any other weeknight to be relevant.

I used to hear even loser UK fans say that. Imagine a more irrelevant football fan base spouting off about playing on national TV.:D

Reactions: The Public Enemy
They weren't being sarcastic or anything like that they knew way too much about our program, these weren't inferior sUcK fans who are insecure about their program. These were Alabama fans who knew the names of half our team.

To me the Thursday night college game equals NFL Monday night football. Every bar in the country has it on. The SEC is playing Thursday night games now. Say what you want about those week night games but they helped build the UL brand and now we are reaping the dividends.

Used to live in Georgia among hard core Bulldog fans. Pretty much the same experience although I don't recall a lotta talk about Thursday games. Just respect for the U of L program and pretty much the opposite for LPT...

I totally forget about the NFL on Thursdays more often than not, but I'm not a big fan of the NFL obviously. Thursday is NCAAFB night for me.

NFL is too "sanitary". Too much doing what the computer says. No risks. And WAAAYYY too much showboating. 90% boring IMO.

And, too much showboating.....when a team is down 30, and the players are dancing and celebrating after a sack or score?

They don't need me.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT