ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Thursday late night recruiting goodies

Chris Person

Oct 3, 2016
Most of the attention is on Louisville vs. NC State right now, but as you know recruiting never sleeps so I wanted to drop on by a few goodies for you all.

- This weekend is a very important one with official visits beginning tonight and going through Sunday. Louisville will have a number of players on campus that certainly have the possibility of being commits before it's all said and done.

- Jackson Gregory was visited today by Dwayne Ledford and is now on his official visit. While he doesn't officially hold an offer from Louisville, Coach Ledford told him they really like him as a center prospect and Gregory is expected to meet with Coach Satterfield this weekend at which point an offer may come. So what if it does? Well, if that happens I'd expect Gregory to announce his commitment to Louisville shortly thereafter.

- Zach Edwards was a late offer at linebacker that a source told me would be a definite take for Louisville. Edwards is visiting this weekend and that same source indicated that Louisville feels like they are in excellent shape with the 3-star linebacker. Keep an eye on this one.

- Speaking of offensive lineman, I'm watching Joshua Black to see if Louisville can flip his commitment from Georgia Tech, something I think is very possible.

- Ja'Darien Boykin appears to be Louisville's to lose. I have my prediction in for the Cardinals for Boykin and it wouldn't surprise me if he joined the commitment list as well this weekend.

- Tyler Devera appears to be Louisville's top target at the tight end position and will take a very important official visit to the Cardinals this weekend. As of right now I have my prediction in for Louisville but a late Maryland offer, and an official visit scheduled next weekend, makes me somewhat wary. Devera said that a decision isn't likely to come following his Louisville official visit and that he would like to visit Maryland next weekend before making one.

- I mentioned in another thread regarding TJ Holl that there is some uncertainty on how the linebacker position will shake out. For the 2019 recruiting class, that position has been one of the top priorities and now it is all about figuring out numbers. I was speaking with someone close to the program who told me that the staff really likes Washington LB Drew Fowler a LOT. In fact, I think he may be #1 on their recruiting board. So what chance does Louisville has in his recruitment? Well, the bad news is that Fowler told me his top 3 schools are Washington, Stanford, and Louisville. Also, he seemed to hint that he would like to stay on the west coast. The good news? Fowler said he has the best relationship with Cort Dennison out of all other coaches he talks to. Oh, and as of right now Stanford and Washington only have offered him as a preferred walk-on. Bottom line, I think Louisville is in good position to land Fowler and that would be a huge addition to the class. Check out his film here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News