ADVERTISEMENT

This Team

Mar 14, 2011
Really has the look of a band of brothers. Several guys stepped up tonight and led, took over and held solid. They seem to have each other’s s back. C’mon VJ...we need you!!! Most importantly, this team has shown improvement in each game. Guys not tasked with trying to learn a complex switching zone and they seem to have the green light to score. Most like the way they play through contact. And, when was the last time we had a team that could shot free throws like this. Perry, Nwora, Malik, Enoch and Sutton are tough outs!! Still lots of room for improvement.

King got some tick tack fouls called on him but was pretty solid.

Cards will learn from that. Better to let a team back in the game now than later. That’s literally the only negative from tonight. 6 mins of sloppy defense and bad shots. Finished strong though.

Other than that, this team has an identity and is starting to gel early. The improvement from last week to now is incredible. Gonna be a fun team to watch improve over the months. Just gotta focus for the full 40 and don’t let up.

Reactions: Cue Card
VJ still floating around the edges and not going straight to the basket. For a big guy, he doesn't like contact.

^ why would he be kidding? We just beat a solid Vermont team that kept it close with a top 3 team in Kansas.. who beat Michigan State like a drum up until the final minutes where Kansas let off the gas. Watch cbb more my guy.

Also we play Tennessee this Wednesday with the opportunity to play Kansas prior to Michigan State...

The more you know..

Also we play Tennessee this Wednesday with the opportunity to play Kansas prior to Michigan State...

The more you know..
The day I get excited over U of L beating Vermont and I don’t care how close they came to beating a highly ranked team early in the season means you have set the bar pretty low...

Reactions: zipp
I am excited to see where this team sits right now as we face UT, then MU or KU on Friday. Hope they compete and continue to learn and get better. I have said it numerous times on this board---no matter what happens the next week, stay positive and hang in there. We will see some tough games this year, but I don't doubt these guys will give every ounce they have.

I like it. Better than where I expected us to be. But we really wont know until we are tested by a good ranked team. I want us to make the NCAA tourney this year, anything less is failure.

Mack is the real deal though. Super class coming in next season.

Says the guy who is clowning a solid Vermont team.. o_O

It's also hysterical that you willfully accepted the UofTJ moniker...

Whew, good stuff.
Yeah they have FF written all over them. In fact 1986 said he’ll cover all wagers they’ll be in Minneapolis. Buy your tickets and hotel reservations now!

P.S. also kindly explain what TJ has to do with this?

Yeah they have FF written all over them. In fact 1986 said he’ll cover all wagers they’ll be in Minneapolis. Buy your tickets and hotel reservations now!

P.S. also kindly explain what TJ has to do with this?
I think it's quite obvious that you're not a fan of this new era of U of L basketball.

Vermont is solid, I watched them play both Kansas and our squad, if you think otherwise, you clearly don't follow basketball, which is kind of glaringly obvious by your asinine statements regarding them.

I think it's quite obvious that you're not a fan of this new era of U of L basketball.

Vermont is solid, I watched them play both Kansas and our squad, if you think otherwise, you clearly don't follow basketball, which is kind of glaringly obvious by your asinine statements regarding them.
New era? We are three games into a season with a new coach? You watched them play 2 games and you know all there is to know? That’s pretty asinine.

New era? We are three games into a season with a new coach? You watched them play 2 games and you know all there is to know? That’s pretty asinine.
Yeah, new era of Coach Mack, new traditions and old corruption left in the rear window. I've watched 3 exhibitions and 3 regular season games this year. I've watch Vermont twice this year, yes. They looked solid in both games, they also went 27-8 last year and came within 4 points at Rupp Arena against the same Kentucky team we lost by 30 against last year. They also made the tourney the year prior with practically the same roster with a couple new additions. So yeah, they're good, you're bad at this. Keep watching football and leave the basketball discussion for the big boys.

Last edited:
Love this team though, sucks some "fans" vagina bones hurt because of the progress Mack is clearly making with this team.

Yeah, new era of Coach Mack, new traditions and old corruption left in the rear window. I've watched 3 exhibitions and 3 regular season games this year. I've watch Vermont twice this year, yes. They looked solid in both games, they also went 27-8 last year and came within 4 points at Rupp Arena against the same Kentucky team we lost by 30 against last year. They also made the tourney the year prior with practically the same roster with a couple new additions. So yeah, they're good, you're bad at this. Keep watching football and leave the basketball discussion for the big boys, little dude.
Yeah, new era of Coach Mack, new traditions and old corruption left in the rear window. I've watched 3 exhibitions and 3 regular season games this year. I've watch Vermont twice this year, yes. They looked solid in both games, they also went 27-8 last year and came within 4 points at Rupp Arena against the same Kentucky team we lost by 30 against last year. They also made the tourney the year prior with practically the same roster with a couple new additions. So yeah, they're good, you're bad at this. Keep watching football and leave the basketball discussion for the big boys, little dude.
They lost in the first round of NIT last year to Middle Tennessee and lost their 1st game by 10 to Purdue in the NCAA tournament, so if beating them is an accomplishment in your book, have at it. I am going to wait until the competition is a little bit tougher before I claim a new era of anything.

I am going to wait until the competition is a little bit tougher before I claim a new era of anythin

So I guess that loops back to the question of a #5 TN team being tough enough? I get where you're coming from not wanting to call this team much of anything but even working with the small sample we have it's fair to be optimistic for a good game this Wednesday.

Let’s be pessimistic and down on a team from the get go! That’s the spirit! I stated my opinion, and a simple fact that the team we played was no slouch.

So I guess that loops back to the question of a #5 TN team being tough enough? I get where you're coming from not wanting to call this team much of anything but even working with the small sample we have it's fair to be optimistic for a good game this Wednesday.
The only reason I said Michigan State is because they are always consistently good because of Izzy. UT is good this year but haven’t been this level for awhile. I love what Barnes is doing. Also the UT game is on a neutral court in a tournament atmosphere in NY. Sometimes these games are not good indicators of how the season plays out. Playing the Spartans at home will give us a taste of when Duke and UNC come to town. Nowhere was I discrediting UT or even Vermont. They got a good team but not going to go ape shit because we beat them at home. I would have expected a win if Pitino, Padgett or Mack was coaching.

Reactions: CardMonarch
Really has the look of a band of brothers. Several guys stepped up tonight and led, took over and held solid. They seem to have each other’s s back. C’mon VJ...we need you!!! Most importantly, this team has shown improvement in each game. Guys not tasked with trying to learn a complex switching zone and they seem to have the green light to score. Most like the way they play through contact. And, when was the last time we had a team that could shot free throws like this. Perry, Nwora, Malik, Enoch and Sutton are tough outs!! Still lots of room for improvement.
I think this team definitely will be dancing in March. No way a Mack coached team with this much talent and potential misses.

I think this team definitely will be dancing in March. No way a Mack coached team with this much talent and potential misses.

I think the next 19 days will tell us a ton, as I see us being around .500 in the ACC. Our next 6 games, we have one gimme and 5 difficult games. If we can figure out a way to go 3-3 or better during this stretch, I like our chances making the tourney. 2-4, makes it very difficult and 1-5 and we are in trouble.

I think the next 19 days will tell us a ton, as I see us being around .500 in the ACC. Our next 6 games, we have one gimme and 5 difficult games. If we can figure out a way to go 3-3 or better during this stretch, I like our chances making the tourney. 2-4, makes it very difficult and 1-5 and we are in trouble.
We'll find out what this team is made of tomorrow.

You keep referring to this as a new era (rightfully so) and the other poster keeps saying we will wait and see if it’s a new era. I think most can agree with a new AD and coaching staff that it’s a new era
Those “fans” will never accept this new start for our program.

Reactions: Wordless65
Sooo....Not kidding, I think we stack up pretty damn well!!! Got screwed out of the Marquette game and hung tough against #5 Tenn. I like this team!!!
Pretty prophetic right? That’s why I said wait until the State game because it would tell us more about this team. And hell yes that was a great game! It’s been awhile since there was that much energy in the crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT