ADVERTISEMENT

The real difference between last year and this year, TACKLING!

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
heard on ACC PM yesterday that last year the Cards ranked 100th in the country in tackling efficiency, meaning they missed too many tackles. I liked Satts, thought he did good in a tough situation, but his teams always seemed to miss tackles, even going back to petrino, krags and even CS, we always seemed to be a team that missed tackles. But i will give CJB 100% praise and credit for taking an already good D and making them better. That's been the truest sign of coaching IMHO, even if it's only Ron English doing it, this team is now ranked 3rd in the country in tackling efficiency, meaning once they make contact they don't let go. that to me is the most impressive thing about this team.

But i will give CJB 100% praise and credit for taking an already good D and making them better. That's been the truest sign of coaching IMHO, even if it's only Ron English doing it, this team is now ranked 3rd in the country in tackling efficiency, meaning once they make contact they don't let go. that to me is the most impressive thing about this team.
JB said something after the Duke game about his team getting the taste of a loss out of their mouths and it really showed in that game. That is 100% a football team and particularly the defense having that instilled by JB. He hates to lose and he's got a team full of players that feel the same way.

heard on ACC PM yesterday that last year the Cards ranked 100th in the country in tackling efficiency, meaning they missed too many tackles. I liked Satts, thought he did good in a tough situation, but his teams always seemed to miss tackles, even going back to petrino, krags and even CS, we always seemed to be a team that missed tackles. But i will give CJB 100% praise and credit for taking an already good D and making them better. That's been the truest sign of coaching IMHO, even if it's only Ron English doing it, this team is now ranked 3rd in the country in tackling efficiency, meaning once they make contact they don't let go. that to me is the most impressive thing about this team.
Jeff appears to have learned a lot about what it takes to wwin at the highest level from his days in the Big Ten. An emphais on defense and tackling looks like part of it.

Satterfield wasn’t demanding enough to cut out the errors. He thought he could over come them. Brohm is more like Saban and wants perfect football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT