ADVERTISEMENT

This one kind of irked me.

Kratz

2500+
Nov 18, 2001
Was watching CFB wrap up show Sunday Morning and of course the conversation turned to Lamar for Heisman.

Now I understand that the two hosts are supposed to be on opposing sides of the argument: One says yes, the other says no. OK , fair enough.

The "no" guy compared Lamars September stats to those of Geno Smith in September a few years ago. Stats were amazingly similar in every area.

HERE'S WHAT HE LEFT OUT OF THE ARGUMENT:

1. September isn't over yet. Lamar still has another game. Smiths stats were for all of September.

2. Lamar STILL hasn't played a full game yet. FSU was as close as he got when they did actually let him play in the 4th quarter.

The "yes" guy didn't have the common sense to call him out, point this out to the "no" guy.

Was watching CFB wrap up show Sunday Morning and of course the conversation turned to Lamar for Heisman.

Now I understand that the two hosts are supposed to be on opposing sides of the argument: One says yes, the other says no. OK , fair enough.

The "no" guy compared Lamars September stats to those of Geno Smith in September a few years ago. Stats were amazingly similar in every area.

1. September isn't over yet. Lamar still has another game. Smiths stats were for all of September.

2. Lamar STILL hasn't played a full game yet. FSU was as close as he got when they did actually let him play in the 4th quarter.

The "yes" guy didn't have the common sense to call him out, point this out to the "no" guy.
Had he done that, then there wouldn't have been a 'No' guy.

Reactions: zipp and Red Rager

RESPECT IS NOT GIVEN, RESPEC TAKEN, AND LOUISVILLE NEEDS TO TAKE THAT RESPECT FROM THE NAYSAYERS ONE GAME AT A TIME.

Without the benefit of having seen the show, I would venture to guess that the "no" guy was essentially asserting that September numbers don't win the Heisman. Historically, I think that is true. Last year at this time, Leonard Fournette was a "lock" to win it. Apparently his invitation to New York was lost in the mail.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Lamar is only a quarter into the season not enough yet to win it road games against quality opponents are the difference in winning it for Qb's. look good in the major road games and he is sitting in New York flounder in any games and it's over for him. .

Without the benefit of having seen the show, I would venture to guess that the "no" guy was essentially asserting that September numbers don't win the Heisman. Historically, I think that is true. Last year at this time, Leonard Fournette was a "lock" to win it. Apparently his invitation to New York was lost in the mail.
Leonard Fournette has a moron for a coach who wants to run every play with 11 in the box that is why he will not be the coach of LSU next season.

Lamar needs to be put in position to stay healthy by running our RUNNING BACKS MORE to set up the run instead of us running Lamar so much. it is working and everybody is happy, but we need to protect him and use all of the weapons on the team.

Leonard Fournette has a moron for a coach who wants to run every play with 11 in the box that is why he will not be the coach of LSU next season.

Lamar needs to be put in position to stay healthy by running our RUNNING BACKS MORE to set up the run instead of us running Lamar so much. it is working and everybody is happy, but we need to protect him and use all of the weapons on the team.

That is not exactly true regarding Fournette. His Heisman campaign fell apart with the Alabama game. Alabama only walked down a safety about four times in the entire game. They stuffed him with seven basically because the front seven did not have to respect the pass. After that, everyone LSU faced took basically the same approach. When your QB is so bad no one really cares if he attempts a pass, it makes it tough to run the ball.

As for Jackson, if he stops running the ball as much, he has a better chance of staying healthy, and losing the Heisman. It is one of the reasons I personally do not care much about the Heisman. If Jackson is merely the best player in CFB all year, but someone else has a bigger November, he loses. It is that simple and that stupid. No doubt in my mind Fournette was the best RB if not player in the country last year, but Henry, Watson and McCaffrey put up gaudier numbers in November so Fournette stayed home the second Saturday in December. Dumb.

Reactions: beasleythecard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT