ADVERTISEMENT

This Lamar guy

What a difference a few years makes. LJ has honed his craft by learning to take what the defense gives him. He has become the whole package.
I don't want to jinx this season for him,but he's looking ready to shut the haters down by getting the big hardware.
Now that my Packers have choked, I'm all in for this Cardinal.

What a difference a few years makes. LJ has honed his craft by learning to take what the defense gives him. He has become the whole package.
I don't want to jinx this season for him,but he's looking ready to shut the haters down by getting the big hardware.
Now that my Packers have choked, I'm all in for this Cardinal.
Agree about Lamar. When I think of him I think of Magic Johnson, a guy who was great in college and built his game to be an even better pro by adapting to the game.

Also a Packer fan- a little disappointed but glad they didn’t get crushed. It was a great effort, I don’t think a choke. I miss Mason Crosby.

Reactions: Deeva
Also a Packer fan- a little disappointed but glad they didn’t get crushed. It was a great effort, I don’t think a choke. I miss Mason Crosby.
Yeah and I was still stinging a little from the come from ahead loss as we basically dominated the 49ers for most of the game.
My 'choke' remark wasn't aimed at just the kicker. As good as Love was earlier, he lost focus late(and not just that last pick)

Oh well,time to root our man LJ thru the finish line. Monumental task Sunday against Mahomes.

Yeah and I was still stinging a little from the come from ahead loss as we basically dominated the 49ers for most of the game.
My 'choke' remark wasn't aimed at just the kicker. As good as Love was earlier, he lost focus late(and not just that last pick)

Oh well,time to root our man LJ thru the finish line. Monumental task Sunday against Mahomes.
Its funny how we Louisville Cardinals fans have such different favorite teams in pro sports. Like being a Packers fan. Or a Cowboys fan. I don't know how I would take it had Lamar been drafted by those teams. I despise both but I would pull for Lamar to be great but I don't think I could ever want him to win the Super Bowl.

The Ravens was perfect because I had no opinion of them at all. I would have been thrilled if had been drafted by the Broncos who has been my fav NFL team for over three decades.

Mahomes proving beyond the shadow of the doubt he's the best QB in the NFL. Lamar is playing not to lose in this game today. The Ravens play calling seems to reflect that.

It shouldn't be a big surprise though. Mahomes is 13 and 3 in the playoffs and Lamar has just the two wins. He may one day get close to that many post season wins but I doubt it. Lamar is great but he's not on Mahomes or Brady's level.

Looks like I'm going to be a Lions fan like everyone else now.

Reactions: rh62531
Flowers deserves what's happening to him. Taunting when you're losing that cost your team 15 yards and fumbling in the end zone a few players later is his punishment.

Ravens have totally choked this AFC championship away. I'm sick of Mahomes and Kelce like everyone else but they proved they know how to win these big games. Lamar and the Ravens hopefully learned a lesson.

Really didn’t understand the Ravens plan. They are top rushing team in the league and yet they barely attempted to establish a running game. And then on defense they kept playing zone coverage. Mahomes / Kelce can just abuse zone coverage. Obviously the turnovers were terrible but the whole thing seemed disjointed from the Ravens.

Reactions: Mayoman and earsky
One team played like professionals. The other team played like rookies q not knowing how to play in playoffs. Terrible defense staying in zone majority of first half. Offense was no semblance of game plan or focus on what they wanted to do. Welcome had twice the receptions of entire Ravens offense in first half!!!

Reactions: earsky
They played tight right from the start. They let Maholmes dictate the flow going 3 and out like that to start the game.

The defense played well enough to win but the offense didn't have any flow at all, whether it was rushing or passing. They played looking over the shoulder, not confident they could match the Chiefs.

It wasn't until the 4th quarter when they opened it up and used Flowers to get big yards, but the rookie gave it away twice when the game should have been 17 to 14 with 7 minutes to go.

They had the best team but they're still missing the leadership and poise you need in the playoffs. This Chiefs team lost 6 games and aren't as good as they have been, yet they had the confidence and the poise to execute in the playoffs.

I will be pulling against them though, hopefully against the Lions.

Reactions: Mayoman
Pretty weirdly called game. Just a top to bottom cluster.
Yep. I'm still scratching my head about Monken's play calling. The Ravens only ran the ball 3 times when they had 1st or 2nd down. It seemed like Monken wanted to prove Lamar was a better passer than Mahommes. We all know Lamar needs to be Lamar and stop trying to make him into something else. The Chiefs had the #28 run defense in the league and Lamar is chucking 40 and 50 yard passes....

Yep. I'm still scratching my head about Monken's play calling. The Ravens only ran the ball 3 times when they had 1st or 2nd down. It seemed like Monken wanted to prove Lamar was a better passer than Mahommes. We all know Lamar needs to be Lamar and stop trying to make him into something else. The Chiefs had the #28 run defense in the league and Lamar is chucking 40 and 50 yard passes....
My brother was screaming via text for LJ to escape the pocket at the very least to keep them honest. It was really quite strange to see Monken abandon the run game really from the start. Strange enough it could cost him his job.

This will be unpopular on this board likely....Lamar has a long way to go to rank up there with the best QB's of all time. He choked yesterday in the biggest game of his career to date....reminded me of how he played and lost big games with the Cards.

To be fair his receivers didn't help him very much. And not running the ball to set up the passing game was the stake through his heart. Too much to overcome even with a great defense. The Chiefs were the Chiefs when they needed to be...they did just enough to win.

Reactions: 2330859
LJ is a great QB - will go down as one of the best to play the position. Unfortunately, he and the other QBs are playing at the same time as a guy that looks very likely to be considered the GOAT before his career is over.

I still think LJ gets a SB win before he’s done but, going to have to go through Mahomes and Andy Reid.

Kelce dominated the game. I think KC eased him through the reg season. Look at his playoff #'s. The dude is so athletic impossible to cover, could be the best TE of all-time.

It was interesting how the refs seemed to look the other way when he was taunting but were ready to get Flowers. Not saying conspiracy but the NFL has a lot to gain with Taylor Swift in the building.

Love Lamar. Wish he ran it a little more. Wish they handed it off a little more too.

Kelce dominated the game. I think KC eased him through the reg season. Look at his playoff #'s. The dude is so athletic impossible to cover, could be the best TE of all-time.

It was interesting how the refs seemed to look the other way when he was taunting but were ready to get Flowers. Not saying conspiracy but the NFL has a lot to gain with Taylor Swift in the building.

Love Lamar. Wish he ran it a little more. Wish they handed it off a little more too.
Given that KC's weakness is WR, you'd think Baltimore would have paid special attention to Kelce. But, to his credit, he gets open, especially when Mahomes scrambles. Those two are locked in ala Montana/Rice.

Lamar will get the criticism because he's the face of the Ravens, but circumstances outside of his control played a huge part. KC moved the ball, had long drives, and ate clock. When you're not on the field, it's difficult to get in the groove. Baltimore's D didn't show up the first half. On the flip side, credit KC's defense. They played well.

It was surprising to see Baltimore abandon the run. As good as KC's defense is, they aren't great against the run. The Bills gashed them for 188 yards last week. The run game and defense are the Ravens' calling card, their identity. They got away from that.

I feel bad for Flowers. Perhaps a learning experience for the young rook. But, he wasn't the only Raven to make boneheaded plays. It was just a very un-Baltimore like performance all around.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Given that KC's weakness is WR, you'd think Baltimore would have paid special attention to Kelce. But, to his credit, he gets open, especially when Mahomes scrambles. Those two are locked in ala Montana/Rice.

Lamar will get the criticism because he's the face of the Ravens, but circumstances outside of his control played a huge part. KC moved the ball, had long drives, and ate clock. When you're not on the field, it's difficult to get in the groove. Baltimore's D didn't show up the first half. On the flip side, credit KC's defense. They played well.

It was surprising to see Baltimore abandon the run. As good as KC's defense is, they aren't great against the run. The Bills gashed them for 188 yards last week. The run game and defense are the Ravens' calling card, their identity. They got away from that.

I feel bad for Flowers. Perhaps a learning experience for the young rook. But, he wasn't the only Raven to make boneheaded plays. It was just a very un-Baltimore like performance all around.

On the first touchdown to Kelce, he was defended by Kyle Hamilton about as well as anyone could. Simply put it was a perfect throw and a nice catch.

Yeah I noticed that too. There should've been calls going both ways. I think Kelce is a little slicker with his taunts.

feel bad for Flowers. Perhaps a learning experience for the young rook. But, he wasn't the only Raven to make boneheaded plays. It was just a very un-Baltimore like performance all around.
Again, don't understand what these guys are thinking. It's playoff football with a loss-and-you-go home scenario. Guess what?

This will be unpopular on this board likely....Lamar has a long way to go to rank up there with the best QB's of all time. He choked yesterday in the biggest game of his career to date....reminded me of how he played and lost big games with the Cards.

To be fair his receivers didn't help him very much. And not running the ball to set up the passing game was the stake through his heart. Too much to overcome even with a great defense. The Chiefs were the Chiefs when they needed to be...they did just enough to win.
Yeah I think he actually gets himself going by being able to keep the defense off balance. Not yesterday. Empty backfields,no deception with screens,etc.
I kinda agree with your post. He looked super tight because there offense was rarely in a rhythm. Passing at will against great corners🤔 all day. Romo alluded to it several times 🤓

LJ is a great QB - will go down as one of the best to play the position. Unfortunately, he and the other QBs are playing at the same time as a guy that looks very likely to be considered the GOAT before his career is over.

I still think LJ gets a SB win before he’s done but, going to have to go through Mahomes and Andy Reid.
Mahomes has a few more SB's to win to overcome Brady as the GOAT...

He is an overachiever if you ever listened to all the talking heads who said he would never be a quarterback in the NFL.

Mayoman is correct, Lamar‘s performance was disappointing, and the mistakes that he made were reminiscent of some of the mistakes he made while at UL. Mahomes moved in and out of the pocket in much the same manner that we witnessed Lamar most of the season. For sure the Raven OL did not provide the same level of protection that Mahomes enjoyed, but Lamar failed to avoid the pressure, something Mahomes did most of the game.

Lamar remains my favorite, but he needs to learn to adjust his game to what the defense takes away ……. Mahomes did not beat Lamar, it was the Chiefs defense that forced Lamar out of his comfort zone and explains the mistakes that led to Lamar’s performance.

Reactions: Mayoman
I agree. Lamar seemed to be indecisive and put himself in a bad spot while Mahomes anticipated the rush and got rid of the ball.

We have to remember that Lamar has only been in a handful of playoff games compared to Mahomes. He will learn from these games as he has with other games. I don't think he will ever be as good as Mahomes but good enough to win a Super Bowl.

I do believe that the Ravens need a top RB to take the rushing game off of Lamar. Wish they would have gotten Derrick Henry and maybe Dobbins being back will be that? Edwards and Hill aren't the answer.

Reactions: 2330859
Lamar beat Lamar. Its as simple as that. Ravens defense did their job the entire 2nd half. Lamar dropped back too deep, held onto the ball too long, made poor decisions.... Same old bugaboo that will either stay with him or eventually he changes the script. This might have been the Ravens best chance, they're going to look different next year.

I would put at least 85% on Harbaugh and the OC. Lamar definitely could‘ve made better decision’s especially late, but Harbaugh set them up for failure. He abandoned the run way too early only 6 carries from all the RBs combined for the entire game, and there was often an empty backfield without much motion. Those two things alone are playing right into the Chiefs game plan since Lamar isn’t as effective when forced into a pocket passer.

they should have never activated andrews. without him the offense had completely gelled. they were humming right along. isiah likely was becoming dominant. bringing andrews back screwed up all their routes and spacing. everyone now had ot be in a different position than where they've been while they were dominating. they always saying losing your best player effects a team, bringing one back after such a long hiatus can do the same thing also. performance wise, they did not need andrews at all. they beat everyone without him. putting him back in the lineup just messed their mojo. they had no other game to work him in. basically, instead of riding the horse that got them there, they switched up jockeys. it's a game of millisecond reactions and andrews had a cause/effect on the team.

I would put at least 85% on Harbaugh and the OC. Lamar definitely could‘ve made better decision’s especially late, but Harbaugh set them up for failure. He abandoned the run way too early only 6 carries from all the RBs combined for the entire game, and there was often an empty backfield without much motion. Those two things alone are playing right into the Chiefs game plan since Lamar isn’t as effective when forced into a pocket passer.
Really weird lengthening the game to allow Mahomes on the field more. Really strange game plan 🤔

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT