ADVERTISEMENT

The world will end before Nanu doesn't get two fouls early

He does make some stupid ones too.
It's at the point now that every ref knows his reputation and incidental contact will always bring a whistle. There was all kinds of contact between players in this Notre Dame game where there wasn't any whistles. It wasn't like the Duke game. The refs for the most part let them play. But not for Nanu. His two fouls in the first half were not being called on other players. I rewound and watched both of them. It's something I've been doing for several games now. The refs can't help themselves when blowing the whistle on Nanu. If he indeed goes pro, this will be the main reason in my opinion. He's so frustrated every game that it effects his performance. Why would he want to go through that again next season if he's told he will be drafted in the 1st round?

Reactions: JohnCard28
Shaq always had two early fouls.
If he got 3 in the 1st half, Lakers usually lost.

I thought the Cards played just as good with him as without him.
He picks up fouls because he's trying NOT TO FOUL.

This is where your bench comes in.
If he goes first round, that means he's being drafted for offense.
Good blocks today, but bad foot positioning.

I would take Chinanu out after the 1st foul, and rotate him, Anas, and Matz all game.

Shaq always had two early fouls.
If he got 3 in the 1st half, Lakers usually lost.

I thought the Cards played just as good with him as without him.
He picks up fouls because he's trying NOT TO FOUL.

This is where your bench comes in.
If he goes first round, that means he's being drafted for offense.
Good blocks today, but bad foot positioning.

I would take Chinanu out after the 1st foul, and rotate him, Anas, and Matz all game.
I agree. I always wonder why Pitino doesn't take him out when he gets an early foul. He's got two more centers he can bring in. I think Matz should have gotten some PT in the 2nd half but he never got off the bench.

It's truly amazing the fouls Nanu gets called for.

I wouldn't blow Nanu for going pro. In this new no touch world of college basketball, it is really difficult on the big man. College basketball is becoming more finesse all the time. Some may like that but I don't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT