ADVERTISEMENT

The stock market has hit a bottom...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
...Another beautiful nite of basketball!

(And now they ARE our worst loss.)

"Elite program," my a$$...

And as usual, we're their best win...

#17 Louisville (Super Bowl Sunday)
#34 aTm
#44 UGA

I think this thread is gold - because it shows you just how important those W's are to those fans down the road.

Had UK won last night, this thread would be on page 3 this morning.

But, since they lost, the intruders, er I mean.... the visitors, stayed away.

Let's all be patient. After a night of cussing their own and firing their rifles into the air, I expect order to be restored sometime by noon today.

There will be the standard circle of the wagons. You know, the players don't care. Fire coach Cal. Player ____ needs to ride the bench.

Then a sense of calm will come over them... there will be reflection on their # of titles, record against UofL in the Super Bowl, etc...

Looking forward to them all to gradually come crawling back over.

I think I'll just copy/paste this one into all the other UK glory threads around here!

Last edited:
Not crawling, but truth is this isn't a good basketball team. No point guard, no reliable outside shooter.
Basketball IQ doesn't seem very high,
And lacks toughness to finish the games.
Long brutal crawl for this group of kittens to grow up.

The game in December was apparently a perfect storm of Louisville at its worse and UK at its best. They still won, but apparently that's how it went down. Also, our hard-fought loss @ Purdue is looking better & better, the committee gives you credit for going on the road against great teams.

but truth is this isn't a good basketball team.

Bill, the truth is, UK has a good team. The players are really young, and bored. After the big name part of the schedule, they do this every year unless they are dominant. They lose road games in the SEC, win at home, and then play well in March and reach the E8/FF.

I will say, this particular team does not have one experienced veteran unlike previous teams that always had one or two guys that had experience.

That said, it's a good team. Winning on the road in league play is very difficult.

Bill, the truth is, UK has a good team. The players are really young, and bored. After the big name part of the schedule, they do this every year unless they are dominant. They lose road games in the SEC, win at home, and then play well in March and reach the E8/FF.

I will say, this particular team does not have one experienced veteran unlike previous teams that always had one or two guys that had experience.

That said, it's a good team. Winning on the road in league play is very difficult.
I agree. The terms “bad” and “suck” are all relative. Yeah we suck relative to our 2012 team but we really aren’t that bad in the current landscape. We are a good team.

Now, we are frustrating to watch at times. Just so young like always but this year we lack two things. A complete stud and a grizzled vet. Once we get our PG back and JV gets his feet under him I think we will be a scary team in March.

Well, I will agree the raw talent is there.
Could be this does come together at the right time the way the Knight crew did. They really didn't get it all rolling until tourney time.
But also, despite his liabilities, the team had a couple of upperclassmen that gave some maturity to the crew.
Lotta season left, and each one has it's own twists and turns.

Well, I will agree the raw talent is there.
Could be this does come together at the right time the way the Knight crew did. They really didn't get it all rolling until tourney time.
But also, despite his liabilities, the team had a couple of upperclassmen that gave some maturity to the crew.
Lotta season left, and each one has it's own twists and turns.
Right now they don't appear to like each other. That will rip a team apart faster than lack of talent. Too many privileged teens, imo.

Reactions: billoliver40
LPT has boatloads of talent. Three or four kids on that team--some with transplanted brains--would be the star player on any team outside the Top Ten.

And they underperform during the regular season like clockwork. While I pick on Diallo and mostly because of slappies like Rocky, Diallo is just an example. The new OAD subplot is kids coming to college NOT to play because their low basketball IQ becomes apparent. Their priority is not hurting their draft stock. ...And watching slappies and Pitino Lite trying to cope with that situation is classic.

While watching under-talented teams like South Carolina--that the average LPT player doesn't give two $hits about--spank that a$$. It's like being insulted and embarrassed about something and then having to wear a sign to make sure everyone knows.

"OAD talent on display"

Reactions: Senore2006
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT