ADVERTISEMENT

The playoff talk is starting to get old

DerVille

500+
Aug 5, 2010
I'm listening to the radio and yet again the entire football conversation is if, how, Louisville gets in, doesn't get it. It was interesting at first but everyone is talking about this as if Louisville is 8-1 or 9-1 right not and there are only 2 or 3 games left and how can Louisville close ground.

Louisville still has 7 games left. I'm still in the "can/will Louisville play all 7 without taking another loss" mode. I hope Louisville makes the playoff, I'm rooting for it. There is a chance it could happen if the right breaks go Louisville's way over the next 7-8 weeks. It is worthy to talk about but there are so many games everyone will be playing that it is too far away, too remote for it to be the only thing the entire football season consists of.

I just hope they play great all 7 games and don't take any more unexpected losses and finish out 11-1. We should be NC State at home or Virginia on the road. Houston on the road is very tough. All of the that stuff is still out there and isn't a guarantee. All it takes is for them to lay a dud. Even in Bobby's 2006 season they almost lost at home to Cincinnati.

Maybe if Louisville goes undefeated until Houston or after (if) they beat Houston would I expect the entire conversation regarding Louisville to be nothing but "playoff, no playoff...playoff, what has to happen, playoff"

It's worth discussion now but only in small increments. It's WAY too early for this now. At least for it to be the ONLY thing discussed when talking about the season.

I'm listening to the radio and yet again the entire football conversation is if, how, Louisville gets in, doesn't get it. It was interesting at first but everyone is talking about this as if Louisville is 8-1 or 9-1 right not and there are only 2 or 3 games left and how can Louisville close ground.

Louisville still has 7 games left. I'm still in the "can/will Louisville play all 7 without taking another loss" mode. I hope Louisville makes the playoff, I'm rooting for it. There is a chance it could happen if the right breaks go Louisville's way over the next 7-8 weeks. It is worthy to talk about but there are so many games everyone will be playing that it is too far away, too remote for it to be the only thing the entire football season consists of.

I just hope they play great all 7 games and don't take any more unexpected losses and finish out 11-1. We should be NC State at home or Virginia on the road. Houston on the road is very tough. All of the that stuff is still out there and isn't a guarantee. All it takes is for them to lay a dud. Even in Bobby's 2006 season they almost lost at home to Cincinnati.

Maybe if Louisville goes undefeated until Houston or after (if) they beat Houston would I expect the entire conversation regarding Louisville to be nothing but "playoff, no playoff...playoff, what has to happen, playoff"

It's worth discussion now but only in small increments. It's WAY too early for this now. At least for it to be the ONLY thing discussed when talking about the season.
I am glad that I am not alone with being TIRED of playoff talk. It is silly at this point. We have to win games and get better as a team. Any talk of a playoff is really silly at this point.

I agree. It is old and stale now. I enjoyed the talk early on, but now it's repetitive. Let's just win out and then see what happens. None of it matters if the Cards slip up and lose a game. Just win first THEN we can talk. :D

I get what you're saying, but it is kind of funny to be complaining about being annoyed at all the Cards in the playoffs talk.

As long as they keep talking about it, it keeps us fresh in the minds of the committee. We need to win out and need help but just being in the conversation is a good thing.
^^ This. Yes, I can understand the talk getting old, but it is necessary, and sure as hell beats the alternative. I would be more worried if they were NOT talking about us. Personally, I think it is absolutely GREAT to be a part of the conversation week in and week out. This is definitely uncharted territory for Card fans, and you need to enjoy it, because you never know when it can be gone again.

We have no one to blame but us...We score TD's instead of FG's we WIN 48-42...Clemson's last two scores are Garbage...Our last possession is to run out the clock for the WIN!!!

Of course we also let a score (TD?), slip away in the 2nd qtr. when we hiked the ball before LJ was ready...That changed the Big Mo is Clemson's Favor...Instead of going up by 14 and Breaking their Hearts, they score 28 points on us Breaking our Mo!!!

We had the chance to put at least a 56 spot on them, and We BLEW It!!!

Our FOOLISH Untimely Penalties KILLED Us!!!

:cool:

Reactions: Cue Card
Hype is a big part of how teams are perceived in the eyes of people who will make this decision. If we go out and back up the hype on the field, it could turn into an avalanche of perceptions in our favor.

Some unbeaten teams are getting zero publicity, some with a great pedigree but no hype. I'd rather get hyped and embarrassed if we stumble again, than to quietly win out and get no press at all. The last thing we need is to be an afterthought.

Hype is a big part of how teams are perceived in the eyes of people who will make this decision. If we go out and back up the hype on the field, it could turn into an avalanche of perceptions in our favor.

Some unbeaten teams are getting zero publicity, some with a great pedigree but no hype. I'd rather get hyped and embarrassed if we stumble again, than to quietly win out and get no press at all. The last thing we need is to be an afterthought.
I would love to see us stomp the piss out of teams, no knee, no mercy, just kill teams.

UofL being IN the conversation is a real compliment to our football program, period. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I agree with this. If/when we drop the second game and are officially off the grid for the playoff that is when it will be time to move on and change goals!

To clarify, I'm not talking about the national media thinking we are in the hunt but the local radio shows from morning to afternoon talking about the football season for weeks now only in terms of making the playoff or not. Every single conversation about this team is only through the angle of will they, won't they, how can they make the playoff. Sure talk about it some but that's not the only thing with this team 5 games in (7 still to go). The local media seems to be treating this as if UofL is 10-1 and has one game left and can they get up into the playoffs in this last week.

The national pub is good. They talk about all the top teams, it's great to be included in their discussions. I'm glad they are talking about us.

Locally though it's been about three straights weeks, from morning until afternoon only talking about the Louisville team/season in regards of making the playoff. There's more to cover locally 10 hours per day, 5 days per week. There's a long way to go still. Nationally, keep discussing Louisville. That's what we've been waiting for, for almost 30 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT