ADVERTISEMENT

The Outfield

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
If there are spots that look a little more open,other than maybe the bullpen,this is it.
I think the starters here,if we played tomorrow would probably be Snider,Campbell and Stringer.

Sounds pretty solid I know,because Snider started all of last year,Campbell won his spot midway thru and Stringer played in a lot of games. If there's a chance for some of the new guys to crack the every day lineup,it might be here. That might mean guys like Trey Leonard or Freshman Cameron Masterman. Adam Elliot is another guy that doubles as a lefty out of the bullpen.

The thing is,there are several promising Freshmen that are infielders,but are gonna be stuck behind seniors. Do any of them play outfield this season,ala Dunn,to make an impact on this team.

If the regulars here don't produce,it could get a little interesting.

Yeah,I think he's full time dh. Not that we won't ever see him out there. Like I said in this thread,there is the best possibility of seeing some shuffling if the top 4 guys don't hit the ball. This is not a great throwing bunch we have in the outfield,but they have speed. With the talent coming in and guys like Bianco trying to find a spot,we might see Oriente out there at some point. He did not play in the Fall though.

I love Campbell and I think Stringer gives us some much needed pop (3 HR in more limited play). Snider hit .212 in conference, with little power but good on base avg.
I am a big believer in conference stats because the competition is much tougher than our non conference schedule.
We lost our primary power source with Josh Stowers (LOVED HIM), so these guys need to have big years at the plate with an increase in power.

I do worry a bit about the power drop off. I'd be content to see Snider really get it going. He struggled a bit in the Fall at the plate. We've really got some guys that can run. They just need to get on base and create a lot of havoc for the opposing defenses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT