ADVERTISEMENT

The Master has a good day...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
I had to be reminded listening to afternoon sports talk radio today... Few people around had a better day today than Pitino. Not only did the clown primarily responsible for firing him acknowledge that he's probably broken NCAA rules himself, knowingly or unknowingly. (Which is worse?)

But if Gruesome's tap dancing was true--which I doubt--it means that Pitino's higher ups were conspiring to get him in trouble!

So why the hell would this guy settle? ...AKA 'the rich get richer'. But hey, it's only around $40 million.

You can't make this stuff up...

the-master.jpg

I do not want to see Pitino be successful in his suit against UofL. His illicit affair and then then strippergate situation THAT HAPPENED ON HIS WATCH, plus the Bowen affair (which also happened on his watch) are plenty of fodder for a failed lawsuit attempt. Plus his drama crying and lying BS is too much for me. But if one of the side events of this whole tawdry situation is that gruesome gets his walking papers I’d be ok with that.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I think Grissom is old and said something that he should ‘t have said. He said it without thinking about the end result. It is silly to say something with that kind of impact without details. The stupidity throughout this whole deal is incredible.

Last edited:
Reactions: gocds and zipp
I will bet the house that my original prediction on all of this is rooted in the NBA to Louisville group and its connections. That group knew they couldn't get the YUM if Pitino and Jurich were at UofL. Grissom is tied to those investors. End of story. Its was all a big set up, and now Pitino will sue for punitive damages

Pitino of course also knew nothing about a booster paying for stripper parties, just like he knew nothing about the stripper parties themselves, despite mentoring the employee who organized them for nearly a decade, and just like he knew nothing about his assistants and Adidas paying for Bowen. All this, despite his 40 years in this business, including 10 at UK....

For anybody who actually believes that narrative, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I’d like to sell you.

Pitino of course also knew nothing about a booster paying for stripper parties, just like he knew nothing about the stripper parties themselves, despite mentoring the employee who organized them for nearly a decade, and just like he knew nothing about his assistants and Adidas paying for Bowen. All this, despite his 40 years in this business, including 10 at UK....

For anybody who actually believes that narrative, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I’d like to sell you.
And it's so obvious, the proof is everywhere. The NCAA and the investigative powers of the FBI weren't necessary... :rolleyes:

I had to be reminded listening to afternoon sports talk radio today... Few people around had a better day today than Pitino. Not only did the clown primarily responsible for firing him acknowledge that he's probably broken NCAA rules himself, knowingly or unknowingly. (Which is worse?)

But if Gruesome's tap dancing was true--which I doubt--it means that Pitino's higher ups were conspiring to get him in trouble!

So why the hell would this guy settle? ...AKA 'the rich get richer'. But hey, it's only around $40 million.

You can't make this stuff up...

the-master.jpg

Lol.

Is there a Freezing Cold Takes Exposed for message boards?

CRP is an absolute Master...at public relations. I think what he did took a lot of class. And he should be hired to coach again. The only hold up IMHO has been who wants to hire a Coach that when you fire him turns around and sues you for $44 million whether he deserved it or not it was an issue for him. Now, it's not. Good for him. CRP was never guilty of committing any violations, he was guilty of neglect and oversight. That's all. Hope he gets hired quickly as in one week or less. I truly believe he already has a school ready to hire him and were waiting for this move. He will be back, stronger and better than ever and wiser!

While I would have preferred that Pitino dragged U of L through the mud, there was some good news for me today...
  • The Master comes out looking like the bigger guy.
  • It paves the way for the U of L clowns to similarly drop their Ramsey lawsuit.
  • And it solidifies Gruesome's position on the clown Board. In hindsight, he simply stepped on his d!ck with no consequences. More importantly, he stays in this line-up for the foreseeable future...
clowns-2-1.jpg

While I would have preferred that Pitino dragged U of L through the mud, there was some good news for me today...
  • It paves the way for the U of L clowns to similarly drop their Ramsey lawsuit.
  • And it solidifies Gruesome's position on the clown Board. In hindsight, he simply stepped on his d!ck with no consequences. More importantly, he stays in this line-up for the foreseeable future...
clowns-2-1.jpg

Why would any UofL fan prefer that Rick drag the school through the mud? You are admitting that Grissom and Co. ARE UofL. The University is much bigger than the clowns that were/are in control. Why wish that on the school you supposedly are a fan of?

Why would any UofL fan prefer that Rick drag the school through the mud? You are admitting that Grissom and Co. ARE UofL...
That's exactly what people think who, for example, support "Vince" because they support U of L. I'm not saying anything differently, just the converse...

That's exactly what people think who, for example, support "Vince" because they support U of L. I'm not saying anything differently, just the converse...

You’re saying you want to see your school drug through the mud. I’m trying to figure out why a UofL fan would want that.

clowns-2-1.jpg

“The Master comes out looking like the bigger guy”.

You are swinging and missing a lot lately. We know you are hurting but hang in there. The alternative reality is that Pitino went through the first round of negotiation talks and realized he had a shitty hand. He wanted $40,000,000 and got ZERO.

Reactions: BPGhost
You’re saying you want to see your school drug through the mud. I’m trying to figure out why a UofL fan would want that.
Why would I want "Vince" to succeed because he's at U of L? The answer--these people are unfortunately joined at the hip...

“The Master comes out looking like the bigger guy”.

You are swinging and missing a lot lately. We know you are hurting but hang in there. The alternative reality is that Pitino went through the first round of negotiation talks and realized he had a shitty hand. He wanted $40,000,000 and got ZERO.
That's a story, not evidence. Pitino said he was acting in opposition to his lawyers' counsel...

Why would I want "Vince" to succeed because he's at U of L? The answer--these people are unfortunately joined at the hip...

Why do you let Vince take up residence in your head? UofL is bigger than him, it’s bigger than any individual.

Reactions: PHCARD
my personal take is they had evidence of something where they could 100% prove rick knew of either the dorm scandal or whatever but simply instead of being nationally embarrsed if the truth came out, rick said i give up and let's move on. i think he knows they had him dead to rights and he had no other option but to do everything he could to save face. the fact any of you think he looked good today means his plan worked. he;s still a doucher, a liar, a cheater, an adultrer and a poor human, but a good coach

my personal take is they had evidence of something where they could 100% prove rick knew of either the dorm scandal or whatever but simply instead of being nationally embarrsed if the truth came out, rick said i give up and let's move on. i think he knows they had him dead to rights and he had no other option but to do everything he could to save face. the fact any of you think he looked good today means his plan worked. he;s still a doucher, a liar, a cheater, an adultrer and a poor human, but a good coach
Naw. If they had that it wouldn’t have taken this long to settle. Remember the judge had to order them back to the table.

Reactions: zipp and PHCARD
That's my take too. Can't prove any of it but him just wanting a chance to coach again by walking away from 40 million dollars as a 67 year old man is asinine. I mean it's 40 million dollars and he simply walked away from it? I have always taken what he says and does with a grain of salt, but this is more like a BOULDER of salt.

Well my personal take is RP made a he!! of a deal with the devil. He takes $0 from the university but Grissom gets canned. :)
Makes as much sense as the other takes. o_O

Reactions: glassmanJ
That's my take too. Can't prove any of it but him just wanting a chance to coach again by walking away from 40 million dollars as a 67 year old man is asinine. I mean it's 40 million dollars and he simply walked away from it? I have always taken what he says and does with a grain of salt, but this is more like a BOULDER of salt.
As nccardfan says, how does that square with U of L needing two years to leverage that info with Pitino? Doesn't make sense...

And you don't?

I don't understand why Pitino needed to misrepresent his lawyers' position in this regard...

You nor I will never know what conversations he and his attorney had. What I do know is that if Pitino says he went against his attorneys recommendations that sounds a lot better than “we had no shot to win so we are throwing in the towel”. It helps him save face, which is fine. Also, I know that Pitino has a long history of hyperbolic statements and outright bs.

And you don't?

I don't understand why Pitino needed to misrepresent his lawyers' position in this regard...
Rp always misrepresented everything. he was a manipulator and technically a pathological liar so how can you think anything he says at any time is the truth when he has a long history of not telling the truth. you ccannot pick when you think he's honest and when he's not. being dishonest means you are always dishonest. basic human nature. a man is only as good as his word and rp's word menas little. as stated above, why leave $40 million on the table, so you can coach again and earn 5 mil?

While we are throwing speculations ou there, who is to say that a major university hasn’t spoken or shown interest in Coach Pitino and told him hey if you want to coach, you need to put your lawsuit behind you. I know I could use 40 million or whatever but does anyone seriously think Pitino is hurting for money?

Reactions: zipp
clowns-2-1.jpg
UofL's version of Bagdad Bob right there.

No, we still the hiring of RP to live thru. We have the NCAA RP also. Then we have.....RP forever.
boooo...wouldn't even let me have ten minutes of peace and tranquility.

oh well. overall great news is the athletic dept should be in better financial shape knowing they don't have to cover his tab

Reactions: PHCARD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT