ADVERTISEMENT

The man who waved the referee shirt has died

Stewart ????. His last name isn't coming to me. He called on me and sold speciality candies for years. He was a true Louisville fan. He used to jump out of his seat at FH and run down a few steps and wave the stripes.

thanks Ellen I just seen your url to his obit. Stuart Grossman. Good man! RIP and keep giving the refs hell, Stuart.

Reactions: seashore
Thanks for posting, I remember him from games but never knew anything about him. I read his obituary that you posted and he had a very active and involved lifestyle he will be missed by a lot of people.

Reactions: seashore
Going way back to 1980--any idea what happened to the "Unknown Musician", or the dude in a tux who IMO started the whole C-A-R-D-S cheer?

RIP

And don't forget the guy who ran back and forth in the endzone to the band spelling out C-A-R-D-S.

No seats for these folks at the new arena, at least not where they can be seen...

RIP

And don't forget the guy who ran back and forth in the endzone to the band spelling out C-A-R-D-S.

No seats for these folks at the new arena, at least not where they can be seen...

That's because we live in a more shirt tolerant society these days.

Sounds like he lived a great life and was a great fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT