ADVERTISEMENT

The clock has begun ticking..

None of us have probably used a hooker, none of us have probably played "strip party"--I do recall a game called "strip poker"--and few of us have maybe even seen a stripper. Few of us have probably had to counsel our children on this stuff. While most of us went to college, I doubt that many of us have stayed in a college dorm anytime recently. The same is probably true of NCAA officials sitting around a table.

Examples of people who did live in a college dorm recently were Luke Hancock, SVT, Russ, and Wichita. Those guys have all said that nothing unusual went on in Minardi. That's a comparison to what they've seen in other places with other students. And do I think all of those guys are lying while Jaquan Lyle and Antonio Blakeney were telling the truth? Nope. They saw everything as the background noise of students partying.

It's easy to sit in the vacuum of a message board with your old-white-guy glasses on and moralize. And I think a student would tell you that you're out-of-touch in that situation. It may be repugnant to YOU, but your son might see it routinely and gloss over it as a "college dorm". Would any of us participate?...Unlikely, nor in all likelihood would your son. But most of us here are old, white guys who don't take stock of what's happening on a college campus in 2017...

1st paragraph - I totally get it that all kinds of freaky sh!t goes down in a college dorm. That's not the same as an assistant coaching bringing in (underage) hookers!

2nd paragraph - I agree with you. Those guys just probably saw chicks in a dorm hanging out with basketball players having a party. Naked girls running around. A new day, same place, different chicks. Unless McGee made some sort of announcement, "Attention please, these are whores that I paid for," it wouldn't be on their radar. A party in a dorm. No big deal from their POV. Wasn't on a nightly basis, happend 15-20 times over about 48 months. There were probably many many more parties without Katina and her band of ugly, nasty, skanky stank trick-@ss ho's. This kind of ties in with your first paragraph.

3rd paragraph - Dude, underage whores paid for by an assistant coach. You don't have to be an old cracker-@ss-cracker, carrying a torch around in Charlottesville VA, to see a big problem on so many levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cue Card
This has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with the lack of a moral compass. McGee lacked a moral compass. Obviously Pitino having sex in a public restaurant with a whore himself shows he lacks a moral compass. I lack a moral compass as a UofL fan and I simply accept that for what it is. Lots of people have chosen to bail. I choose not to. My age or race has nothing to do with it. I'm just me, warts and all. So is my university. So freaking what.
No Sh*T!! How does this person even know if you are white and wtf does it even matter? Dont forget, all of our coaches and admin are "white men" as well.......

People are getting awfully bold with this "white" this and white that. I think we have seen through history what happens when white men get pissed off.....

No Sh*T!! How does this person even know if you are white and wtf does it even matter? Dont forget, all of our coaches and admin are "white men" as well.......

People are getting awfully bold with this "white" this and white that. I think we have seen through history what happens when white men get pissed off.....
It doesn't matter. I'm just me. I'm a mut. I don't label myself as anything other than a morally corrupt mut. I try to do right by everyone I meet but I'm not perfect. I don't start drama and I don't look for anyone to start drama with me either. If I want drama, I ask the wife for it. She gives me plenty of drama on demand! LOL!

Life is way too short to have hatred in your heart weighing you down. That's all I'm saying. Live and let live.

Every organization has scandals of the moral nature. I dare someone to try to name one that hasn't. If an pure organization can be found it is only because of its newness or lack of size. I'm not going to abandon my fandom and loyalty of an organization because of the eventuality of human failure by one man and a couple of players.

If UofL or the basketball program was in anyway supportive,unconcerned, or apathetic about McGee and this behavior I'd would limit my support (i.e. UNC, Penn St). But, UofL did the opposite in its treatment of scandal and after all the facts came out its clear MCGees actions were even more secretive and unmindful to UofL.

I'm more prideful of my athletic department because of its handling of this inevitable scandal. If only the University would reverse its course and promote Jurich to President instead if trying to demote him I could be equally proud of the BOT.

I'm still thinking that this won't end up in court and it seems that we are trying to reach a compromise. If we thought we had a great case even if went to court then why not appeal everything? I doubt the NCAA wants to go to court and really we don't either if they let us keep the banner and FF. It's prestige. Even though we know we won it, we want to hang it proudly and we want to continue to say CRP won 2 NC at two different schools without a but... or asterisk.
While UL may have a good argument in a court of law, we belong to an organization (NCAA) to which the members have granted control to a bunch of idiots. Remember, Tom Brady won his deflategate court trial before a judge, but the appellate court said the NFL members gave control to the Commissioner and gave up their right to a court determination.

While UL may have a good argument in a court of law, we belong to an organization (NCAA) to which the members have granted control to a bunch of idiots. Remember, Tom Brady won his deflategate court trial before a judge, but the appellate court said the NFL members gave control to the Commissioner and gave up their right to a court determination.
That doesn't give the NCAA a pass too be arbitrary in its rulings and policies. A court will require them to be consistent...

Every organization has scandals of the moral nature. I dare someone to try to name one that hasn't. If an pure organization can be found it is only because of its newness or lack of size. I'm not going to abandon my fandom and loyalty of an organization because of the eventuality of human failure by one man and a couple of players.

If UofL or the basketball program was in anyway supportive,unconcerned, or apathetic about McGee and this behavior I'd would limit my support (i.e. UNC, Penn St). But, UofL did the opposite in its treatment of scandal and after all the facts came out its clear MCGees actions were even more secretive and unmindful to UofL.

I'm more prideful of my athletic department because of its handling of this inevitable scandal. If only the University would reverse its course and promote Jurich to President instead if trying to demote him I could be equally proud of the BOT.
Inevitable scandal? You expect scandals out of UofL? I used to not, but at this point, nothing surprises me

Keep telling yourself that. Some of you seriously need to take the goggles off.
One thing I'm 100% confident about is that there's stuff going on behind-the-scenes everywhere that you and I don't know about. When something emerges to act like "OMG" is a tad out-of-touch with reality and a different set of goggles.

I'm not excusing it or saying anyone deserves a pass. Just don't act like U of L is down there by itself. IMO U of L is better than most similar institutions in this regard.

And this is another reason I'm not a big-time finger pointer when ish comes up. Because you don't know what's going on at YOUR school...very easy for those tables to turn.

Keep telling yourself that. Some of you seriously need to take the goggles off.

Then instead of "preaching about taking the goggles off" then come to the table with solutions to the "problems" that you obviously see that some of us "lesser types" don't see. Remember "solutions". OK!

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Cue Card
Then instead of "preaching about taking the goggles off" then come to the table with solutions to the "problems" that you obviously see that some of us "lesser types" don't see. Remember "solutions". OK!

I'm merely a fan bud. I don't get paid to make solutions at the University. This is a message board and I don't go around pretending here, or in real life that what UofL did was normal..nor do I sit around waiting for the "inevetable" scandal, at least I didn't before now.

I'm merely a fan bud. I don't get paid to make solutions at the University. This is a message board and I don't go around pretending here, or in real life that what UofL did was normal..nor do I sit around waiting for the "inevetable" scandal, at least I didn't before now.
But you're a fan with a choice as we all are... Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

Reactions: genghis_card
Not that it matters because it doesn't to most but a highly paid attorney that has spoken with me about this situation has informed me that indeed the 2013 banner will be void....his words. nothing more to send except monetary things I can't speak of.....basically, it's one of those he said she said and I'll believe it when I see it but this individual was quite certain. Didn't ask about dollar signs. only desire was the banner on my behalf. evidently from what i've learned in the past 2 days is that the NCAA is setting a standard. the Carolina ordeal isn't nearly complete.

Not that it matters because it doesn't to most but a highly paid attorney that has spoken with me about this situation has informed me that indeed the 2013 banner will be void....his words. nothing more to send except monetary things I can't speak of.....basically, it's one of those he said she said and I'll believe it when I see it but this individual was quite certain. Didn't ask about dollar signs. only desire was the banner on my behalf. evidently from what i've learned in the past 2 days is that the NCAA is setting a standard. the Carolina ordeal isn't nearly complete.
I've dealt with enough attorneys to tell you that seldom does one come down hard predicting an outcome. There's more to your attorney than meets the eye...

I've dealt with enough attorneys to tell you that seldom does one come down hard predicting an outcome. There's more to your attorney than meets the eye...

Yeah like he's a uahkay fan or worse, a know-it-all uahkay fan.

I'm getting there believe me. I still have football though.
How can you still have football? I mean if your personal moral compass is pegged out regarding the basketball program scandal, then how come you choose to ignore the warts all over the football program? Petrino committed adultery. How is that not just as bad as teenagers having sex in a dorm inside the gauge of your moral compass?

Either accept the university programs or not but be consistent. That's all I ask.

Reactions: zipp and gocds
To just write off these scandals and assume that everyone else is doing it is rather pollyannaish IMO. To expect a university and its representatives to act morally and ethically is a reasonable goal.

To just write off these scandals and assume that everyone else is doing it is rather pollyannaish IMO. To expect a university and its representatives to act morally and ethically is a reasonable goal.

WTH whose is writing these scandals off? And of course there is an expectation of university administrators to act morally and ethically. I guess I'm not sure of the "reasons" for your post.

WTH whose is writing these scandals off? And of course there is an expectation of university administrators to act morally and ethically. I guess I'm not sure of the "reasons" for your post.

I think Hank was responding to zipp. I could be wrong.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
How can you still have football? I mean if your personal moral compass is pegged out regarding the basketball program scandal, then how come you choose to ignore the warts all over the football program? Petrino committed adultery. How is that not just as bad as teenagers having sex in a dorm inside the gauge of your moral compass?

Either accept the university programs or not but be consistent. That's all I ask.
Not sure of serious ......if so I can't even respond to this stupidity.

Why can't we do both? I can see that scandals are everywhere, and at the same time hope my University holds to a high standard.

Not sure of serious ......if so I can't even respond to this stupidity.
I was serious and you did respond with nothing but an insult. That's OK. I can take it. Can you? Let's see. The fact you can't see the similarities between the football program and the basketball program actually shows your own level of stupidity. I don't mind your stance regarding the basketball program but to say the football program is innocent of having warts is, well, stupid.

Be consistent with your moral compass.

I was serious and you did respond with nothing but an insult. That's OK. I can take it. Can you? Let's see. The fact you can't see the similarities between the football program and the basketball program actually shows your own level of stupidity. I don't mind your stance regarding the basketball program but to say the football program is innocent of having warts is, well, stupid.

Be consistent with your moral compass.
Say this out loud. " a man having an affair on his wife is no different than paying for sex to underage prostitutes for underage kids" maybe you will see where I'm coming from. That just sounds stupid to me. I almost feel l ike you're a UK fan saying things to make us all look stupid.

Calling a spade a spade whether that spade is one of your own is not a bad thing. We should be holding our university to a higher standard and not act like all of this is normal. I just don't see how 2 people in our athletic department still have jobs I just don't.

Say this out loud. " a man having an affair on his wife is no different than paying for sex to underage prostitutes for underage kids" maybe you will see where I'm coming from. That just sounds stupid to me. I almost feel l ike you're a UK fan saying things to make us all look stupid.

Calling a spade a spade whether that spade is one of your own is not a bad thing. We should be holding our university to a higher standard and not act like all of this is normal. I just don't see how 2 people in our athletic department still have jobs I just don't.
Sounds like you're arguing with yourself. I haven't seen anyone saying we should act like it's normal, but I'll admit I haven't read every single sentence so maybe someone is.

Also IMO committing adultery is every bit as morally corrupt as paying a prostitute for sex regardless of age. Seeing how you think one is worse than the other shows where your moral compass actually stands. BTW, most here think you are the UofK fan. I wonder why?

Reactions: midniter

Yes I agree with you on that Zipp. I have as well. If it weren't that I know the man personally I'd 100% agree with you.

I said no one deserves a pass. That covers the "pollyanna" perspective. What I'm talking about is how U of L is regarded among its peers. If you can't get past this stuff as the dark side of life, you're gonna have a conflict that's not easy to manage.

Fans get too extreme with their POVs, and then get disappointed. They hold their programs up as some standard of excellence and fall in love with the people who run them. They don't appreciate that these guys are all hired guns with their own character flaws. And they're simply hired to win games and raise money. There's no virtue in those measurables.

I like our coaches and administrators against the backdrop of other coaches and administrators. As a group, they get the job done as much as anyone can reasonably expect. If you expect more, that's on you...

Reactions: Senore2006
Sounds like you're arguing with yourself. I haven't seen anyone saying we should act like it's normal, but I'll admit I haven't read every single sentence so maybe someone is.

Also IMO committing adultery is every bit as morally corrupt as paying a prostitute for sex regardless of age. Seeing how you think one is worse than the other shows where your moral compass actually stands. BTW, most here think you are the UofK fan. I wonder why?
Really? I'm a UK fan ? I'm actually banned on their crappy ads site. That's hilarious

Really? I'm a UK fan ? I'm actually banned on their crappy ads site. That's hilarious
Yeah, Too funny. I wouldn't know if I'm banned. Never been there trying to post. Only went there to look and laugh.

So seeking redemption and forgiveness doesn't count for anything? Plus how about every staff member at the University of Louisville? You know, like professors, instructors, administrators, etc. Should the same standard apply to all of those folks? How about the folks that cut the grass and do roof repair work? Tluck28 you are very judgemental and if I were you I'd be very careful about tossing that stone. You know, glass houses and all. Now OUTSIDE the University - the law enforcement officers, firemen, ministers and the person that manages the grocery store or the doctor that sees you when you when you are sick or injured. WTH I could go on and on and on, but I think even you get my drift. Perhaps you'll also understand why your narrow remindness seems like a uahkay fan. As I would say to anyone else, including myself, forgiveness is a powerful thing and that includes even us fans.

Reactions: Senore2006 and zipp
So seeking redemption and forgiveness doesn't count for anything? Plus how about every staff member at the University of Louisville? You know, like professors, instructors, administrators, etc. Should the same standard apply to all of those folks? How about the folks that cut the grass and do roof repair work? Tluck28 you are very judgemental and if I were you I'd be very careful about tossing that stone. You know, glass houses and all. Now OUTSIDE the University - the law enforcement officers, firemen, ministers and the person that manages the grocery store or the doctor that sees you when you when you are sick or injured. WTH I could go on and on and on, but I think even you get my drift. Perhaps you'll also understand why your narrow remindness seems like a uahkay fan. As I would say to anyone else, including myself, forgiveness is a powerful thing and that includes even us fans.

Huh ?

"I just don't see how two people in our athletic department have jobs. I just don't." And your response to my post was "huh?". :rolleyes: Try reading for a change.o_O

I had great sex in my dorm room at Murray in 1967. I followed that up with an even better year in 1968. Now, my concentration may not have been the smartest thing I ever did, lol - I did end up packing a rifle the same year, in Asia, being "drafted" by a larger team. But I wager no one - other than the ladies' parents - takes issue with me for taking advantage of my available resources and working within that system, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT