ADVERTISEMENT

That time Wake Forest shut out FSU 30-0 in Doak

I remember that game and I was there. We hit rock bottom that night. That was the game that lead to Jimbo Fisher coming to FSU as Offensive Coordinator and eventually as Head Coach.

Reactions: genghis_card
I remember that game and I was there. We hit rock bottom that night. That was the game that lead to Jimbo Fisher coming to FSU as Offensive Coordinator and eventually as Head Coach.

It sure seemed like a world turned upside down, Schmidty. WF was pretty good that year, but truth be told there were quite a few of us that were disappointed that we finally made it to the Orange Bowl and we didn't get to play a team with any football tradition.

It sure seemed like a world turned upside down, Schmidty. WF was pretty good that year, but truth be told there were quite a few of us that were disappointed that we finally made it to the Orange Bowl and we didn't get to play a team with any football tradition.
The best three years of Football in Wake's history were 2006-2008. But you know when Wake Forest is winning the ACC then the ACC is down. And that's not a knock on Wake. But in a good ACC a team like Wake is the type of team that goes 7-5 or 8-4 at best. They just aren't a team with any Football tradition so I could see how you might have been disappointed having to play them.

But times do change and I'm not going to take a win over Wake tomorrow for granted. The way this new ACC is going it is going to be a lot tougher to navigate through the schedule because all these teams have really good coaches now. It used to be that I felt like if we did what we were supposed to do we'd beat the Wakes and NC States 35-10 and call it a day. I don't sense that anymore. And it is more due to the fact that these other teams in the ACC are getting so much better. It won't surprise me to see the ACC as the best league in two years. Virginia Tech, Miami, FSU, Clemson, Louisville, Pitt, North Carolina. All those teams are really good teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT