ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the problem with other teams coming in and adding to the conversation if done respectfully.

The key word is "respectfully" which very few Uk fans do and which most of us are referring to. Though you are a UNC fan, I think? Uk fans almost always throw their little jabs in there eventually. Hell to be honest I don't really even want to see them post over here at all right now. The post season ban and every thing else still stings too much. Fans of other teams, if they're respectful, I don't care that much either way.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Funny thing is that I've posted on your site for about a week and each post is followed with a personal attack.
I think most sites are open to opposing fans posting on their sites but with all the history between our state schools, this does not seem to work very well. I'll stop posting, the silly name calling and attacks get old quickly.

Funny thing is that I've posted on your site for about a week and each post is followed with a personal attack.
I think most sites are open to opposing fans posting on their sites but with all the history between our state schools, this does not seem to work very well. I'll stop posting, the silly name calling and attacks get old quickly.
If I posted on the rafters, what kind of reception would I get?

Agreed. That just comes with the territory. Every board has a ton of crazies and then a few rational folk. Just the nature of the internet. When Louisville fans (or really ANY other school) post on Rafters, if their post can in any way be interpreted as slighting UK (even if indirectly), several people jump all over the poster. Again, just the way it is. If you are going to post on other boards, you can't have thin skin. But it is worth it some times because the debate can be good.

Been in France since November. Evidently, I have a lot of reading to catch up on. This is a very sensitive time for all Card fans but it is not the end of the world. Regardless of the outcome our program will survive.

Not going to lie I find it slightly irritating seeing multiple Uk fans on our board talking among themselves about what Pitino knew or didn't know and about what UofL/Pitino/Jurich/Ramsey/the fans should do or not do going forward or the best way to handle this situation. Do that on your own board.

Not going to lie I find it slightly irritating seeing multiple Uk fans on our board talking among themselves about what Pitino knew or didn't know and about what UofL/Pitino/Jurich/Ramsey/the fans should do or not do going forward or the best way to handle this situation. Do that on your own board.
^^^^This X 1000.
What passes for "respect" for 99% of these kentucky fans is really nothing more than thinly veiled passive aggressive BS. You need to look no further than their board to see what many of the same posters are saying - none of it respectful. It's no different than congratulating oneself for only telling racial jokes in front of white people.

^^^^This X 1000.
What passes for "respect" for 99% of these kentucky fans is really nothing more than thinly veiled passive aggressive BS. You need to look no further than their board to see what many of the same posters are saying - none of it respectful. It's no different than congratulating oneself for only telling racial jokes in front of white people.

What does jokes about what happened have to do with racial jokes? Racial jokes are racist which is on a whole other level.

^^^^This X 1000.
Dude, I respect you as a poster, but you need to dumb this down. Otherwise, our visitors aren't going to understand you.

Probably mockery. Just being honest. I like your post on the national board but if you go posting on anyone's home board, then that's probably what you'll run into.

Last edited:
There's plenty of UK fans that are able to talk civil on your board. It does appear there's a bit of paranoia that keeps it from being civil. Some think no matter what they say, there's something disguised.

For every LPT fan who posts here, I would like to see his name linked to a list of his posts on the LPT Rivals board. That way, we can see what kind of snake we're really dealing with. Make it easy and transparent for U of L fans.

"Elite program", my a$$...

What does jokes about what happened have to do with racial jokes? Racial jokes are racist which is on a whole other level.
Umm, it's called an analogy. For someone who used the example of comparing of not watching Anthony Jeselnik if you are offended by dead baby jokes, to not going to raftards if you are offended by nasty posts about UofL, you would think that you would understand this. Fact is, that you do and your feigned surprise / confusion regarding my analogy is just more passive/aggressive nonsense in the attempt to bait and troll. The fact that you are going back to raftards to giggle about your treatment here is proof enough

Also - and you know this already - there is a large amount of thinly veiled racial crap spewn about UofL, it's players and it's fans on raftards. Don't expect to participate in that stuff and expect to be treated well here.

Umm, it's called an analogy. For someone who used the example of comparing of not watching Anthony Jeselnik if you are offended by dead baby jokes, to not going to raftards if you are offended by nasty posts about UofL, you would think that you would understand this. Fact is, that you do and your feigned surprise / confusion regarding my analogy is just more passive/aggressive nonsense in the attempt to bait and troll. The fact that you are going back to raftards to giggle about your treatment here is proof enough

Also - and you know this already - there is a large amount of thinly veiled racial crap spewn about UofL, it's players and it's fans on raftards. Don't expect to participate in that stuff and expect to be treated well here.

Oh stop, you can cry out about racism but it doesnt make it true. And also its not my fault you made a really bad analogy.

Oh stop, you can cry out about racism but it doesnt make it true. And also its not my fault you made a really bad analogy.
You're right - all of the times UofL, it's players and fans are referred to as "Ghetto trash, west end thugs & line beards", that's just all in good fun - no hidden meanings there. :rolleyes:

Really my analogy is only bad if you happen to be standing with a bunch of people spouting the aforementioned crap above. No wonder you don't like it...

Line beards ????? You can't possibly be saying thats racist when its like 70 white guys having them and posting pictures to Facebook.

Calling someone a thug or talking about a ghetto isnt in itself proof of racism. Thug is a way someone lives their life and Ghetto is a place people live in thats run down and dangerous. I have friends of all colors that live in a ghetto near here...

When you call a UK fan a hill billy or redneck... is there racism involved? No.

Line beards ????? You can't possibly be saying thats racist when its like 70 white guys having them and posting pictures to Facebook.

Calling someone a thug or talking about a ghetto isnt in itself proof of racism. Thug is a way someone lives their life and Ghetto is a place people live in thats run down and dangerous. I have friends of all colors that live in a ghetto near here...

When you call a UK fan a hill billy or redneck... is there racism involved? No.
I apologize - of course you are right - I mean historically southern and rural white people (i.e. 99% of those that make up the yut fan base) have always had great tolerance for minorities. And of course I or anyone can't really know if someone is using racist terms unless you really "know what is in their heart" - right?

Dude - you are a joke.

I apologize - of course you are right - I mean historically southern and rural white people (i.e. 99% of those that make up the yut fan base) have always had great tolerance for minorities. And of course I or anyone can't really know if someone is using racist terms unless you really "know what is in their heart" - right?

Dude - you are a joke.

If you want to get into a debate.... its all under the umbrella of bigotry. and racism is just a small portion.. Religion, classism.... etc. Its a psychological need to feel superior to others .

I also make fun of myself a lot... I guess i must be racist because you can't get into a smaller minority hate than being me ...since I'm only 1.

If you want to get into a debate.... its all under the umbrella of bigotry. and racism is just a small portion.. Religion, classism.... etc. Its a psychological need to feel superior to others .

I also make fun of myself a lot... I guess i must be racist because you can't get into a smaller minority hate than being me ...since I'm only 1.
It's been about a half hour since you posted on the scandal thread on your board, shouldn't you be over there posting on the post that has thousands of replies already?

That thread is proof as to how ate up with UofL your fanbase is.

It's been about a half hour since you posted on the scandal thread on your board, shouldn't you be over there posting on the post that has thousands of replies already?

That thread is proof as to how ate up with UofL your fanbase is.

I kind of mastered the internet thing back in my teens. I can read two boards at the same time.

Reactions: Cats192
But the point is you're asking me to be respectful here.

When I come and don't say anything disrespectful here, I'm cursed and insulted.

You guys act like victims over an internet message board. Oh those mean Kentucky fans.

But routinely, when I've posted here, U of L fans are much nastier and much more malicious than UK fans.

I think general message board guidelines anywhere are that you can't tolerate cursing/personal attacks. Here, it's ok as long as it's you guys towards us.

It's amazing - you actually think that you should get some credit for being two-faced. I would be happy for you to cut and paste the posts from this board where you have been cursed at. I posted on the yut board last summer and just in one single thread related to "another of the criminals that win at all costs transfer u was bringing in", and here are just some of the most memorable comments from yut posters;

- UL = Cesspool / Uavel is a sewer
- UL trash / Freaking trash
- Scum of the Earth / Scumbags
- Scumbag uavel fans
- Scumtrino

Additionally just in that same thread, I was personally called the following;

- Idiot
- Slimeball
- Piece of crap
- Damn liar
- BP’s dingleberry
- Turd
- And was told that I have “rats up my ass”

Sort of blows holes in your thesis - no?

Reactions: shadow force

I don't want to get into a debate - I just want you to leave or be banned. Simple as that:cool:

Their entire identity is wrapped in the idea that everyone outside Louisville is out to get them. All the boisterous insults (LPT? lol) are attempts to hide a deeply-rooted self esteem problem, which is both sad and funny because before UL fans went off the rails their program had a storied history. Now it's all "moles" and "leaks" and conspiracy theories. I've been around Rivals.com for a long time, and though I rarely post here because I find sad sacks like Zipp to be tiresome and not half as clever as they think, I often look in for a quick laugh and this board never disappoints. It's become as unhinged as the Peegs people over in Indiana. Once upon a time I was one of those fans who pulled for UL over everyone other than UK, but their insufferable fans changed that dynamic. It's a safe bet that the pearl-clutching that will surely follow this posts will only serve to prove my point Still, it's just a message board, people.

I don't want to get into a debate - I just want you to leave or be banned. Simple as that:cool:

I've been posting here for years off and on. So you can't get me to leave. Why do you want me banned? You are hating on me and I dont want you banned.

Their entire identity is wrapped in the idea that everyone outside Louisville is out to get them. All the boisterous insults (LPT? lol) are attempts to hide a deeply-rooted self esteem problem, which is both sad and funny because before UL fans went off the rails their program had a storied history. Now it's all "moles" and "leaks" and conspiracy theories. I've been around Rivals.com for a long time, and though I rarely post here because I find sad sacks like Zipp to be tiresome and not half as clever as they think, I often look in for a quick laugh and this board never disappoints. It's become as unhinged as the Peegs people over in Indiana. Once upon a time I was one of those fans who pulled for UL over everyone other than UK, but their insufferable fans changed that dynamic. It's a safe bet that the pearl-clutching that will surely follow this posts will only serve to prove my point Still, it's just a message board, people.

Oh my goodness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT