ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee Job is Open

I am sure CJW will be approached every time an opening comes available. I would be surprised if he was interested but NIL is a concern.

Reactions: CardsFirst
There are 14 coaches TN is considering an CJW is one of them. He is only one of 2 men coaches they are considering.

The odds are against it being a man since only 2 are mentioned in the 14 top wish list candidates.

Yes. Gender and Race matters.
You may be misreading my response. I am saying that being a female is a MAJOR factor for them. Having a couple of men listed checks a box. I would be floored with a non-female hire.

Thats about a ridiculous post as I ever read one. Tennessee will make the best coaching decision regardless whether they are male or female.
It's ridiculous but not for the reasons you think. If Jeff Walz wanted that job and UT declined to give it to a man, that would be ridiculous. It's however not ridiculous to think that UT would indeed do something like that.

Identity politics basically runs the country with everything these days and UT hiring a man to coach would receive a lot of pushback, even with such an accomplished coach like Walz.

A poster on a message board declaring this is not ridiculous. It's the reality of our times. If not at UT It's somewhere else.

You may be misreading my response. I am saying that being a female is a MAJOR factor for them. Having a couple of men listed checks a box. I would be floored with a non-female hire.
The simple point I was trying to make is that gender and race are now more important than ability and achievement. It is very sad.

When an organization focuses on race or gender rather than competence something has gone very badly wrong.

Thats about a ridiculous post as I ever read one. Tennessee will make the best coaching decision regardless whether they are male or female.
You say that but UT (Boosters I think it was)made it clear last time they want a women.

Reactions: Bardman
It will probably be Cara Lawson at Duke. She is a Rocky Top grad who played for the immortal Pat Summit.

She turned it down. Onto next. UT will throw a bunch of money at this. Any coach offered will have to really think about it. A lot of coaches will want it. It will be interesting to watch.

She turned it down. Onto next. UT will throw a bunch of money at this. Any coach offered will have to really think about it. A lot of coaches will want it. It will be interesting to watch.
Wow!!

I’m not sure I would want to go to a place that just fired a coach with three seasons of 20+ wins. And she was one of their own. I would bet Walz stays, I heard on 93.9 there’s already deal in place that when he retires he’ll have a place in the athletic department. Sounds like he’s planning on retiring from here.
But I’ve learned in my 62 years to never say never.

The patience for women’s coaching at these big time programs will get less and less as money increases.

Finding the glory days again is a challenge. As women’s basketball grows the more challenging it will become. South Carolina is riding the wave but it will crash at some point. Too many good players she will start losing kids to the portal.

Reactions: Bardman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT