ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA pairings

We start off with a matchup against Middle Tennessee and if we win we meet LSU. I love it when they say they pair the teams based on schedule, etc, etc and etc and you know it is all a bunch of bull.
Hilarious! As soon as I saw them pop up on the screen I ran to talk to my wife. Basically said…NCAA says they don’t manufacture matchups - total BS. See UofL-Minnesota a few years back and now see a possible UofL-LSU (HVL) matchup. Geez.

I thought Josh was on the selection committee, no way he felt that potentially playing LSU was a good thing.

Crap, you have Josh Heird on the women's committee and he couldn't do anything to prevent the possible LSU thing!!
Crap, are we the only team that they worried about finding a bitter rival, or one who had a former player now possibly playing her former team???
R Pitino should be a happy St John's got snubbed otherwise St John's would be playing New Mexico, or ukay, or MSU. F'cking NCAA and media.

Josh doesn’t get to dictate anything when it comes to his school and the selection committee. Actually has to recuse himself from any of those discussions.
Yea, yea, that's suppose to be how it works.
Anyone believe everything was on the up and up when M. Barnhart was on the Football Bowl selection with NC St's Boo Coorigan. We go to the Holiday why ukay got to go to Jacksonville. (Although I was happy Clemson beat LoserKay.)

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Different process. The CFP committee only selects the NY6 bowls. It then goes to the bowls and the conferences to work out the other bowl matchups.

Crap, you have Josh Heird on the women's committee and he couldn't do anything to prevent the possible LSU thing!!
Crap, are we the only team that they worried about finding a bitter rival, or one who had a former player now possibly playing her former team???
R Pitino should be a happy St John's got snubbed otherwise St John's would be playing New Mexico, or ukay, or MSU. F'cking NCAA and media.
Who cares. I’m glad we have a chance to possible upend Mulkey.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Every year the pairings are always having teams with some type of connection for viewers. What we need to do is to get somebody working for the networks. That way they can tell the selection committee where to place us.

When a member is on the Committee, he or she has a huge influence with their colleagues. It is true that JH would be unable to speak out specifically for UL; but his colleagues on the Committee would be paying close attention to how JH was able to influence the decisions being made to the individual schools and conferences that are a concern to those same colleagues who put UL in Baton Rouge.

I am sure CJW will be asking Josh “how this could have happened”?

Aside from South Carolina, I believe most observers of WBB will quickly note that LSU is the very best candidate to beat SC, and this is another example of UL being screwed by the NCAA.

Every year the pairings are always having teams with some type of connection for viewers. What we need to do is to get somebody working for the networks. That way they can tell the selection committee where to place us.
I agree that's how it's done, but Josh can't be pleased. It's business, nothing personal, good for women's basketball, ratings, ratings, ratings. I get it, doesn't mean I have to like it. Anyone with two eyes can see this is a bad matchup for us this year. Maybe it's time to take the human element out of the decision making process and use AI. Pure analytics based. I assume that would make for more competitive games. Of course you know what happens when you ass u me.

How is LSU a 3 seed? They finished 2nd in the SEC and played Carolina pretty tough in the SEC championship before all hell broke loose. Their overall record is 28-5 and they are ranked 8th in the country. The Cards aren't beating LSU. Also, MTSU pounded Louisville pretty good last year. That'll be a tough game.

I believe the Cards will lose to MT and the drama about playing LSU will be moot. This is the worst season Walz has had in a long while. Hope I'm wrong, but it feels like a 1st round flameout to me.

Reactions: shutterbug
I hope you’re wrong also but this has been a hard year for CJW you can tell the stress level is hard for him. This many players from the transfer portal is really hard for a team to develop chemistry. I still think
He did a great job putting together a challenging team on short notice. I think in the future he might take one or two players from the portal but not as many as took this year. I agree with you on letting AI make the selections and pairings for the tournament. It is way to obvious that there is to much politics in the deletions and pairings right now. These AD’s who are making the decisions on what team is in and who they play look so stupid when they come out and say our decisions were based on the analytics.

Yes people in a position of power (AD's) often think they are so much smarter than everyone. They would be wise to remember this quote from Abraham Lincoln. "You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all of the time."

Reactions: 2330859
I believe the Cards will lose to MT and the drama about playing LSU will be moot. This is the worst season Walz has had in a long while. Hope I'm wrong, but it feels like a 1st round flameout to me.
Somewhat funny though if you think about it. ‘Worst season Walz has had in a long while’. Maybe. It is funny because the ACC is very strong and they won 20+ games and they are a 6 seed in the tourney. If that is the floor we are in a great place as a program.

Somewhat funny though if you think about it. ‘Worst season Walz has had in a long while’. Maybe. It is funny because the ACC is very strong and they won 20+ games and they are a 6 seed in the tourney. If that is the floor we are in a great place as a program.
A run to another elite 8 would obviously change that perception, but a 1st round loss I believe would cement it.

Reactions: vivid_red
I don’t worry about them it is just obvious that they are pairing teams based on TV viewers. These idiot AD’s look so stupid when somebody ask them how come this team got in and this team didn’t. How come this team got such a high seed and this team got such a low seed. Their response is we base everything on the analytics. No you don’t you have network execs telling you what teams they want you to pair up. After all they’re paying for it so they call the shots.

I don’t worry about them it is just obvious that they are pairing teams based on TV viewers. These idiot AD’s look so stupid when somebody ask them how come this team got in and this team didn’t. How come this team got such a high seed and this team got such a low seed. Their response is we base everything on the analytics. No you don’t you have network execs telling you what teams they want you to pair up. After all they’re paying for it so they call the shots.
And justify it to themselves as, it's good for women's basketball. Somewhat true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT