ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy Bridgewater...

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
Looks like Teddy’s time in Carolina as a starter was short lived. Panthers signed Sam Darnold toa contract. Hope Teddy can find another team who wants him.

Looks like Teddy’s time in Carolina as a starter was short lived. Panthers signed Sam Darnold toa contract. Hope Teddy can find another team who wants him.
This is the second time Darnold has come in as the anointed one and pushed Teddy aside. Last time, TB was clearly the better QB in preseason. The gap may not be so big this time, but the fan base will demand their new toy and Teddy will be off to Denver or someplace else as a backup.

The NFL has really turned towards analytics. Teddy is a good QB, but last year, if you study the data and review the patterns, he didn't get the job done. I think there were 7 opportunities for Teddy to lead game winning drives. Not once did that occur. Now, McCaffery was hurt. When your star RB is banged up, well, that's not good. But, there are no excuses in the NFL. Only stats. This will be his 8th year in the NFL. I'm not sure what his long term goals are, but he's one hell of a locker room guy, a great teammate. Players really respond well to him. I think spending these next few years as a probable backup, then getting into coaching, is the way to go.

This is the second time Darnold has come in as the anointed one and pushed Teddy aside. Last time, TB was clearly the better QB in preseason. The gap may not be so big this time, but the fan base will demand their new toy and Teddy will be off to Denver or someplace else as a backup.
Not sure why Darnold is so coveted. Sure, he's been on some bad teams, but he doesn't pass the eye test.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Why coaching, CardX? Did Teddy mention that he wants to coach?

Would like to see Teddy be a starter for 2-4 years before his pro career comes to an end. But, most importantly he should be financially set for life if he’s done the right things. Not bad for a guy whose career almost ended on the practice field a few years back.

As a rival fan, Bridgewater was always one of my favorite Cards. Injuries hurt his pro stock, as well as timing of where he went. 8 years in he is due some pretty serious dollars wherever he ends up.
NFL is a strange gig. Trent Dilfer is a Super bowl champ. Guys with more ability like Bridgewater can't seem to catch a break. Things just don't click. I'm beginning to wonder if the same thing is happening in Baltimore.

As a rival fan, Bridgewater was always one of my favorite Cards. Injuries hurt his pro stock, as well as timing of where he went. 8 years in he is due some pretty serious dollars wherever he ends up.
NFL is a strange gig. Trent Dilfer is a Super bowl champ. Guys with more ability like Bridgewater can't seem to catch a break. Things just don't click. I'm beginning to wonder if the same thing is happening in Baltimore.
The only thing I feel bad about when it comes to Teddy is the horrendous injury he suffered a few years ago. His career is a testament to his positive attitude about football and life. My hope is for him to have three or four more good/decent years before he retires from the NFL.

GO CARDS!!!

Hopefully TB gets some regular playing time. Perhaps the Broncos want him to help the rookie QB with the learning process of the NFL.

GO CARDS!!!

The NFL has really turned towards analytics. Teddy is a good QB, but last year, if you study the data and review the patterns, he didn't get the job done. I think there were 7 opportunities for Teddy to lead game winning drives. Not once did that occur. Now, McCaffery was hurt. When your star RB is banged up, well, that's not good. But, there are no excuses in the NFL. Only stats. This will be his 8th year in the NFL. I'm not sure what his long term goals are, but he's one hell of a locker room guy, a great teammate. Players really respond well to him. I think spending these next few years as a probable backup, then getting into coaching, is the way to go.
The Panthers suck he’s better off in Denver. The media never mentions he was one botched 30 yard field goal away from leading the Vikings to the Super Bowl and won 7 straight games in New Orleans it’s how much talent you have around you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT