ADVERTISEMENT

Starting Lineup

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
After one exhibition game, I know you can't really tell a ton from Simmons, I'd like to see:

Clark
James
White
Williams
Evans

Of course others may look better after the next game bit I'd like to see this lineup on the floor. It does lack some beef and size in the front court though.

I e
After one exhibition game, I know you can't really tell a ton from Simmons, I'd like to see:

Clark
James
White
Williams
Evans

Of course others may look better after the next game bit I'd like to see this lineup on the floor. It does lack some beef and size in the front court though.
I expect that line up with the exception of Evans only because KP stated he needs BHH, and Manny to take the load off vans because he knows with his slight build he wll have issues with certain teams bigs. I think that 4 and 5 spot is going to be pretty much a game by game thing all year. BHH, is messing everything up with his Jekyll and Hyde mentality. I think the real cut day with who plays going forward is going to be determined in the next exh game. What will probaly happen is BHH and JJ are going to show up big tme. and Evans and Williams will look like freshmen.

And i do want to see Clark,Tre and James starting .

Last edited:
I agree Evans will get pushed around by bigger front courts though his athleticism and quickness can help. He just has too much upside and has to play a lot.

BHH needs to get it together somehow. He has the size but lacks the heart. I hope he looks better soon. Okorafor just needs more experience as I think he has the motor.

Reactions: Mayoman

Clark
James
White
Williams
Evans

I had the exact same opinion, idk if you wrote the lineup that way on purpose, but the only thing different is I’d have White playing more of a stretch 4 type role, while Curtis plays the 3. One of my bigger worries is Center depth, Evans looks good, but idk who can back him up.

I had the exact same opinion, idk if you wrote the lineup that way on purpose, but the only thing different is I’d have White playing more of a stretch 4 type role, while Curtis plays the 3. One of my bigger worries is Center depth, Evans looks good, but idk who can back him up.
Yeah I was debating whether to put Tre or Williams at the 4. I can definitely see Tre as the stretch four too. But against bigger front courts we'll need solid back ups for Evans and more size at PF to help out. It'd be huge for Okorafor and BHH to step up because they have that needed size. This is why I was hoping they could get a big out of the transfer portal but they didn't.

BHH is an enigma. Blessed with size and a great physique but just doesn’t seem to give a crap. When I’m the next head coach that dude is gonna sit until he figures it out!

Jon Rothstein said Tre White’s best position is as a small ball PF. And I’m honestly here for that because that gives our offense a chance to be explosive. I’m good with our play through the 1-3 spot. Clark, johnson, Williams, Glenn, James and white should be able to take care of that. However, I’m still on the fence about Traynor, Okorafor, and Huntley-Hatfield. I think Traynor would be good playing the 3 and having to stick on the perimeter shooting jumpers while 2 of the 3 of Emmanuel, BHH, and Dennis are playing together down low.

Jon Rothstein said Tre White’s best position is as a small ball PF. And I’m honestly here for that because that gives our offense a chance to be explosive. I’m good with our play through the 1-3 spot. Clark, johnson, Williams, Glenn, James and white should be able to take care of that. However, I’m still on the fence about Traynor, Okorafor, and Huntley-Hatfield. I think Traynor would be good playing the 3 and having to stick on the perimeter shooting jumpers while 2 of the 3 of Emmanuel, BHH, and Dennis are playing together down low.
I think Huntley-Hatfield works better as the lone big man on the floor and it would help to have Okorafor and Evans playing together. Okorafor’s physicality and athleticism can complement Dennis’ shot blocking while he continues to get stronger

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT